Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Canada is starting to sound a little scary imo.

Deleted
    I always feel so lucky to have been born and grown up in the Netherlands.
    We had lunchbreak for an hour and just went home to eat a sandwich or yoghurt with muesli.

Someone recently told me we might be the only country where children dont eat lunch at school. Anyone know another country where schoollunches are not part of the culture?

Quote Originally Posted by McTroll View Post
    I know, right? I mean, it's not like it could be a thyroid issue or anything... it definitely is their parents stuffing the kids with pizza and canola oil!
    That excuse can't be used for the majority of people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Kids burn alot of calories.

This is kinda bullshit. What if some dude is just taller and heavier than the rest? He needs more food but he's not fat.

Also you shouldn't in general limit how much people can drink or eat. What if they're athletes and need the calories? What if they're about to pass out from hunger?

Also one slice of pizza is nothing.

It's not even as much as a sandwich.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Or just serve healthy pizza.
    What even is so bad about pizza? It's carbs with cheese, tomato sauce and ham/meat on top. It's no worse than a sandwich.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Under Your Spell View Post
    Why would that make any difference?
    American pizza is bigger and greasier but one slice is still little.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Canada is starting to sound a little scary imo.
    It's for schools that offer lunch. You're not forbidden to send your child to school with a sack of junkfood.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa...hool-1.4302201

Great to see. We need to enforce nutritional guidelines at a young age. Get these kids used to it.

When I was doing errands on the weekend I came across this really overweight kid who must have been around 6. I couldn't believe my eyes. What were his parents feeding him exactly..
    Oh there you go again. Enough of you already. Too far. Taking your ridiculous little crusade to kids? Fuck off with that shit. Nobody cares.

Look. Kids should eat well, exercise and clearly not lead sedentary lives. They should also eat pizza, eat Mac-N-Cheese and scrape their legs badly by climbing-and falling out of trees.

It's all part of growing up. It's all part of life experiences. It is part of living. Fatty foods make people happy. Our brains are wired for that. Like anything else, it should be done only in moderation.

You can add to your list getting knocked on your ass in sports. Suffering severe disappointment. Winning at competitions and having diverse hobbies.

A child is not a project. It cannot be planned. It must happen organically. It is the cumulative life experiences... the good, the bad, the little the big... from eating Pizza with 3rd grade pals to ones first kiss that generates the complete well formed human being.

We are human beings, not robots in need of fuel. And this is coming from someone whose job it is to actually create robots for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Kids burn alot of calories.
    How much would you say they burn?

And they wonder why the kids have no energy at the end of a school day...

Hows about they instead focused on serving a proper meal representing healthy amounts from every food group? Oh yeah... it's easier to make bulk foods...

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    And they wonder why the kids have no energy at the end of a school day...

Hows about they instead focused on serving a proper meal representing healthy amounts from every food group? Oh yeah... it's easier to make bulk foods...
    Pizza isn't served everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    It's for schools that offer lunch. You're not forbidden to send your child to school with a sack of junkfood.
    Actually there have been a lot of stories the last couple years of schools confiscating lunches brought from home that didn't meet their guidelines, and notes being sent home to parents saying they need to only send school approved items etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    Actually there have been a lot of stories the last couple years of schools confiscating lunches brought from home that didn't meet their guidelines, and notes being sent home to parents saying they need to only send school approved items etc..
    Lots of stories, gotcha.

That excuse can't be used for the majority of people.
    Oh, gotcha. If it doesn't happen to a majority of people, it doesn't happen at all.

Quote Originally Posted by McTroll View Post
    Oh, gotcha. If it doesn't happen to a majority of people, it doesn't happen at all.
    I never said that. Try again.

Should just start serving solent green!!!

There must be a shortage of food in Canada. Are you guys ok, Tennis? I can't imagine how dire things must be if it got to the point of cutting down children's lunches.

Here's hoping Canada can, one day, reach the status of a good country to live in.

Lots of stories, gotcha.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ious/26498493/

http://wgntv.com/2015/01/26/school-s...e-girls-lunch/

Those are just a couple of examples, and it has been happening fairly regularly. So you can't really say that you can bring whatever you want from home and nobody will stop you.

I never said that. Try again.
    Didn't say you said it. Only said you implied it. Which you did.

Deleted
    Do they let you have more if you're active? Not all students do the same thing during their break, I used to do at least 5km a day playing football, others would do much less, and some even more.

The excuse to starve children is just a way for the government to save money. Thanks Michelle Obama.