Poll: What you think?

Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Mythic Gear For Tmog

Back in Vanilla/TBC/WotLK when there weren't tmog system players with Tiers gear were easy to spot thanks to unique weapon and armor models. Now anyone can zerg mythic raids after new patch/expansion. But we still have rank PvP gear that have exclusive models. Doesn't its unfair? How about:

Make mythic level gear from raids usable for tmog only if person (account) have curve from clearing whole raid before next patch content hits.

What you think about it?

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
    Back in Vanilla/TBC/WotLK when there weren't tmog system players with Tiers gear were easy to spot thanks to unique weapon and armor models. Now anyone can zerg mythic raids after new patch/expansion. But we still have rank PvP gear that have exclusive models. Doesn't its unfair? How about:

Make mythic level gear from raids usable for tmog only if person (account) have curve from clearing whole raid before next patch content hits.

What you think about it?
    Why? Whats the point of making something exclusive? You're complaining about people wearing outdated gear transmogs. It's not like people are zerging mythic bosses from current raids and getting xmog gear without earning it. They're doing old shit. Stop being a whiney baby and worry about yourself.

Don't actually care much about transmogs so this isn't really a huge deal for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont get why this is an issue at all to you?
    Most people create individual transmogs anyway - having more gear open to you just means more options to customize how you wanna look.

If you wanna be a special snowflake these days, WoW isn't your game.

Deleted
    They make PvP gear exclusive simply because WoW players don't even like PvP that much, so they are pushing incentives for more people to do it. Why do you think there are all those rank buyers and sellers? It's mostly because they want that transmog and don't give a shit about PvP and just don't want to be bothered with it too much.

Yeah no, I'd rather not get stuck on a 9/10M not get my curve and never be able to complete my transmog because people like you complain that they aren't special.

Its a game, go outside and show off there.

I know he's getting trashed but I'll actually come in and defend the OP a bit.

There was a time when rewards actually signified an accomplishment in the game. There's a reason why so many people like to use their WoD/MoP CM gear, use the hardest to obtain titles, etc. It's to say "Hey, I did this."

Yes, it's just a game. But there needs to be some sort of reward for a player to do the hardest content otherwise why bother? How many people do you think would do the Mage Tower challenges right now if there wasn't a skin attached to it?

Going back and getting a few sets once you can solo a raid is fine, but I do think there's a place for some limited time rewards to reward good, veteran players.

And this is coming from someone who would literally pay $1000 for a fucking Amani War Bear. I want that thing. Does it suck I can't get it? Yes. But it would lose some of it's prestige if they just brought it back.

I think there is room for scaled gear/level content where the challenges can be available forever, obviously class changes and such would cause issues, but I would still respect the challenge if it just can't be outgeared.

Imo both mythic or elite PvP should be exclusive,or none should be.

You can't have preferential treatment for one side

10+ Year Old Account

What you think about it?
    The only people who advocate for this are the douchebags that used to peacock in main city hubs. Despite your skewed narcissistic beliefs... no one cares. If there is anything to be envious of, its that you have a solid and reliable group that (hopefully) you are having fun with on a regular basis, but no one is impressed by the gear you're wearing, not today, and certainly not 8-12 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    Unlike with PvP, it's easy to simply pay for a Mythic Boost and get your Curve that way shortly before the next major patch/raid hits. Those who really want the gear would still be able to use it.
    Carried in mythic? Yea some tiers allow it but look at Legion ToS. KJ was such a bitch boss and before 7.3 there were less than 100 guilds who cleared it. Don't you think people who put effort for this should be rewarded and allowing to be special snowflakes? Considering ToS set was rework of great T6 i think people should be allowed being special and be only one who able to tmog mythic ToS set. Even if people payed their curve its still effort (i mean money) to have right to tmog unique pieces of armor.

PvP even have unique tabards and mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by felrager View Post
    Why? Whats the point of making something exclusive? You're complaining about people wearing outdated gear transmogs. It's not like people are zerging mythic bosses from current raids and getting xmog gear without earning it. They're doing old shit. Stop being a whiney baby and worry about yourself.
    Triggered.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I know he's getting trashed but I'll actually come in and defend the OP a bit.

There was a time when rewards actually signified an accomplishment in the game. There's a reason why so many people like to use their WoD/MoP CM gear, use the hardest to obtain titles, etc. It's to say "Hey, I did this."

Yes, it's just a game. But there needs to be some sort of reward for a player to do the hardest content otherwise why bother? How many people do you think would do the Mage Tower challenges right now if there wasn't a skin attached to it?

Going back and getting a few sets once you can solo a raid is fine, but I do think there's a place for some limited time rewards to reward good, veteran players.

And this is coming from someone who would literally pay $1000 for a fucking Amani War Bear. I want that thing. Does it suck I can't get it? Yes. But it would lose some of it's prestige if they just brought it back.

I think there is room for scaled gear/level content where the challenges can be available forever, obviously class changes and such would cause issues, but I would still respect the challenge if it just can't be outgeared.
    Yea you wrote everything i meant. Thanks.

With Legion RNG loot system doing mythics even more unrewarding than before so people who put great effort into this should have something special for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    You mean the same sets so many people got from boosts? Either with Cash or Gold.
    I think it could be interesting to see how many people actually obtained the sets by themselves, I'm sure a lot would be surprised by the results.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a Mythic raider, no. We have enough perks, the biggest of which being that even with titanforging we still get the best loot, tend to get mounts, achievements, etc. We raid Mythic because we enjoy it, not because we need special snowflake rewards. Limiting Mythic raid transmogs to 3-4% of the WoW population is silly. I agree the PvP gear shouldn't be locked off either.

Quote Originally Posted by Danzel View Post
    You mean the same sets so many people got from boosts? Either with Cash or Gold.
    I think it could be interesting to see how many people actually obtained the sets by themselves, I'm sure a lot would be surprised by the results.
    Paying boost is low but its still better than zerging old mythic raids and getting exclusive gear with almost zero effort.

Well since Blizzard reintroduced the vanilla titles and gear for mogs, there is really no reason to restrict the elite pvp sets after season ends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Paying boost is low but its still better than zerging old mythic raids and getting exclusive gear with almost zero effort.
    But that's the thing. Old content gear shouldn't be exclusive. That's why it's old content

Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    Well since Blizzard reintroduced the vanilla titles and gear for mogs, there is really no reason to restrict the elite pvp sets after season ends.
    Vanilla gear for tmog still locked under PvP rank.

Not gonna happen... why? Blizzard realizes this give people incentive to go back to old content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAinCA View Post
    Not gonna happen... why? Blizzard realizes this give people incentive to go back to old content.
    Which, despite what other people may say, keeps the game active.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    No.

Raiders get enough as it is.