Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Feral overnerfed or just right?(pvp)

Druid

Shred: now deals an additional 25% damage while stealthed in PvP situations (was 50%).
    Rake: now deals an additional 50% damage while stealthed in PvP situations (was 100%).

Feral
    Enraged Maim: now costs 5 Combo Points.
    Enraged Maim: incapacitates the target for 5 seconds (was 6 seconds).
    Enraged Maim: now has a 10 second cooldown (was 6 seconds).
    The damage of the: Lunar Inspiration version of Moonfire*is reduced by 20% in PvP situations.Ferocious Wound reduces the maximum health of the target by 15% (was 25%).

Source:
    https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...tuning-sep-26/

I think we all expteded nerfs to come out for feral, personally I've been struggling against ferals but reading this makes me wonder if blizzard just dropped the hammer a bit too hard on them again.

Feral overnerfed or just right?(pvp)

I don’t understand how Enraged Maim will function. If it uses combo points, still has a CD, shorter duration and still removes bleeds, why take it?

Deleted
    These are extra nerfs? Imo, Feral is in a good spot how it is right now.

Not too strong, not too weak and still requires some skill to do well.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post

You're obviously playing a feral, they are out of hand

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitepaw View Post
    I don’t understand how Enraged Maim will function. If it uses combo points, still has a CD, shorter duration and still removes bleeds, why take it?
    That's kind of what I figured as well, I played feral in WoD and if I remember correctly it builds up cp's quite a bit slower then a rogue so getting those 5 cp's for a 5 second maim seems kind of trivial. Don't think they'll take it anymore, it was realy strong though in FLS since you had a stun(bash/rake) into a fear and then into a incap for a nice long cc chain.

- - - Updated - - -

Having that kind of damage and a 6 second incap on a 6 second cd was way too strong, now I'm just curious if feral is overnerfed kind of how it was back in season 1 or 2 I believe or that it really needed that much of a nerf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollatorklm View Post
    You're obviously playing a feral, they are out of hand
    No, I play Moonkin actually :P And I can win from most Ferals because they are fotm rerollers.

Deleted
    Well, IF something needs a nerf, it's for sure the class (or spec) that is on top of the list below:

No, I play Moonkin actually :P And I can win from most Ferals because they are fotm rerollers.
    Feral pvp was east to play just put bleeds up and laugh. The nerf was warranted and we will see if they over did it or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Enraged Maim was a very strong cc with short cooldown and only energy costs, so the nerf isn't a surprise, but why has it taken so long?
    Tbh, I don't understand the other nerfs. Feral needs better defense in PvP. They are still cannon fodder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rascal Bob View Post
    Druid

Shred: now deals an additional 25% damage while stealthed in PvP situations (was 50%).
    Rake: now deals an additional 50% damage while stealthed in PvP situations (was 100%).

Feral
    Enraged Maim: now costs 5 Combo Points.
    Enraged Maim: incapacitates the target for 5 seconds (was 6 seconds).
    Enraged Maim: now has a 10 second cooldown (was 6 seconds).
    The damage of the: Lunar Inspiration version of Moonfire*is reduced by 20% in PvP situations.Ferocious Wound reduces the maximum health of the target by 15% (was 25%).

Source:
    https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...tuning-sep-26/

I think we all expteded nerfs to come out for feral, personally I've been struggling against ferals but reading this makes me wonder if blizzard just dropped the hammer a bit too hard on them again.
    RIP

So I don't really PvP at all, but Maim stuns the target for X duration. I'm guessing it's a full stun, not like a Gouge or smth. Enraged Maim in the super short 10 arenas I did, was like Gouge because I doubt my target had trinket every 10 seconds I was stunning him. So I was ok with it, since short CD, not needing CP.
    But not Enraged Maim is like Maim and still acts like Gouge? Or is it a Maim with a higher damage or?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellshout View Post
    So I don't really PvP at all, but Maim stuns the target for X duration. I'm guessing it's a full stun, not like a Gouge or smth. Enraged Maim in the super short 10 arenas I did, was like Gouge because I doubt my target had trinket every 10 seconds I was stunning him. So I was ok with it, since short CD, not needing CP.
    But not Enraged Maim is like Maim and still acts like Gouge? Or is it a Maim with a higher damage or?
    Looks like now Enraged Maim is basic Maim that doen't Stun but Incapacitates (another diminishing return category?) and thats all... So this talent now just change category of control it provide...
    Last edited by TorikSAn; 2017-09-27 at 08:34 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TorikSAn View Post
    Looks like now Enraged Maim is basic Maim that doen't Stun but Incapacitates (another diminishing return category?) and thats all... So this talent now just change category of control it provide...
    Yeah that's it, in other words it might be taken in some comps and in others it's not worth giving up king of the jungle. It might not be taken at all since building up 5cp for consistent cc while maintaining good damage might be hard for ferals.

Quote Originally Posted by Rascal Bob View Post
    Yeah that's it, in other words it might be taken in some comps and in others it's not worth giving up king of the jungle. It might not be taken at all since building up 5cp for consistent cc while maintaining good damage might be hard for ferals.
    But the point is that we have Maim already - just as a stun!

This change makes the talent wildly overpriced. It’s now a trap. I agree with those who suggest that we should have Cyclone back now, instead of this BS.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

This change makes the talent wildly overpriced. It’s now a trap. I agree with those who suggest that we should have Cyclone back now, instead of this BS.
    2200+ feral chiming in

I agree with this completely, Enraged Maim is now 100% a trap. Unless you're horribly worried about DR'ing your partner, you're giving up Flexibility (offensive maim) for a change of CC category.

The thing is, what else do we take in that tier, the other talents are all complete trash. I guess it'll be Roots... I don't know... King of the Jungle is the worst thing of all time.

As I see it, we were definitely a little too strong.. now we'll fade into obscurity again.

Considering cyclone is arguably the best cc in the game you would have to nerf ferals very hard to not make them broken with cyclone.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    Considering cyclone is arguably the best cc in the game you would have to nerf ferals very hard to not make them broken with cyclone.
    I'd like to know what rating you play at to have that opinion. Cyclone is amazing for its offensive and defensive uses but, as a melee, having to cast our CC is... suboptimal.

As a melee who is trained 95% of the time, it's... impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilnezhara View Post
    I'd like to know what rating you play at to have that opinion. Cyclone is amazing for its offensive and defensive uses but, as a melee, having to cast our CC is... suboptimal.

As a melee who is trained 95% of the time, it's... impossible.
    Right now I'm only around 2.1k in 2's playing shadow holy pala, not exactly the best of setups, but I've been gladiator multiple times. Wasn't the cyclone feral used to have instant cast with the proc, or am I just misremembering? In either case though it's not like you're that much worse off than a caster having to cast and if you do get interupted then it doesn't stop you from doing your damage and it's an interupt not going onto your team.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilnezhara View Post
    2200+ feral chiming in

I agree with this completely, Enraged Maim is now 100% a trap. Unless you're horribly worried about DR'ing your partner, you're giving up Flexibility (offensive maim) for a change of CC category.

The thing is, what else do we take in that tier, the other talents are all complete trash. I guess it'll be Roots... I don't know... King of the Jungle is the worst thing of all time.

As I see it, we were definitely a little too strong.. now we'll fade into obscurity again.
    Why is King of the Jungle the worst thing of all time?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    Right now I'm only around 2.1k in 2's playing shadow holy pala, not exactly the best of setups, but I've been gladiator multiple times. Wasn't the cyclone feral used to have instant cast with the proc, or am I just misremembering? In either case though it's not like you're that much worse off than a caster having to cast and if you do get interupted then it doesn't stop you from doing your damage and it's an interupt not going onto your team.
    It was! Man, those were the days. They took the instant clones off of PS procs at the end of MoP I believe. We for sure didn't have them in WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Why is King of the Jungle the worst thing of all time?
    I'll be honest, I've never played it but it would depend which last tier you're playing. If you're playing Rip and Tear maybe it's not so bad but I prefer other choices most of the time.