Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Well, at least she didn't slutplay the character like most women cosplayers seem to do.
    whats wrong with slutpay lol. wife does it and it makes me very happy.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    Any female that walks around in public without a shirt on will be put in jail for indecent exposure in the USA. And I know of no culture, sans the indigenous peoples in the jungles (perhaps the outback too?), that would allow any of it's people to walk around without ANY clothes on in public without ANY repercussions from it's culture.
    I guess the cops have a hell of a time policing those beaches in summer time eh? No wonder they're so frustrated.

That's not my culture by the way. This is an international forum. There are other countries in the world and I'm from Sweden. Nobody's arrested for not wearing a t-shirt here. Now, if you let your breasts go commando, so to speak, that'll be a problem. But I make sure to wear pants on my privates when I go commando in the summer, nobody wants to see that.

We all have limits. Is this what you argue is in support of hijabs? I assume that with the same reasoning you don't find the burqa offensive either? Or is that were you also draw a line?
    See we could argue about this ad infinitum, because morality is subjective. What I argue is that a tool of oppression is something that both you and I find as negative, something that shouldn't be encouraged or used, and the hijab is such a tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I guess the cops have a hell of a time policing those beaches in summer time eh? No wonder they're so frustrated.

That's not my culture by the way. This is an international forum. There are other countries in the world and I'm from Sweden. Nobody's arrested for not wearing a t-shirt here. Now, if you let your breasts go commando, so to speak, that'll be a problem. But I make sure to wear pants on my privates when I go commando in the summer, nobody wants to see that.

We all have limits. Is this what you argue is in support of hijabs? I assume that with the same reasoning you don't find the burqa offensive either? Or is that were you also draw a line?
    See we could argue about this ad infinitum, because morality is subjective. What I argue is that a tool of oppression is something that both you and I find as negative, something that shouldn't be encouraged or used, and the hijab is such a tool.
    I don't find any clothing offensive as long as it isn't harmful to anyone who is wearing it (or has to be around it), AND no one was FORCED to wear it.

I DO find it offensive to be told I CAN'T wear clothing I WANT to wear that doesn't harm me or anyone I am around while wearing it.

I DO find it offensive to be FORCED to wear clothing I DON'T want to wear that isn't needed by me or anyone I will be around.

Quote Originally Posted by konteil View Post
    whats wrong with slutpay lol. wife does it and it makes me very happy.

How much???

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Same reason females must wear shirts in the USA. Because female breasts will tempt males. So she will go to jail if she doesn't wear a shirt in public. Males can choose to not wear a shirt, however, and never go to jail for it.
    Because males don't have breasts, an part of your body that is highly sexualized and as a result taboo. You're not being oppressed when you're told not to let your babies swing freely in the summer breeze. You're being told to respect other people and be tolerant of the fact that they're probably not comfortable with seeing your naked mammaries.
    We wear clothes out of "decency" and respect to other people, just like we wear it not to freeze our asses off or because we think it's stylish.

That doesn't justify the hijab. In fact I'd argue it's a reasoning against it. But perhaps that's what your end goal is here? You're arguign that you shouldn't have to be ashamed of your body, right? Well the hijab is just another thing created to make you, a woman, feel shame about how you look.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Dodge, dodge, dodge, and doesn't know what words mean. Look up "typically".
    Lol. You're the only one dodging here.

I can guarantee that most religious people were indoctrinated when they were children. Are you really saying that they weren't? Really?
    Still trying to make the strawman argument, I see. Let me remind you again. The point under discussion is your assertion that:

"Religions are indoctrination centers for the weak minded".

Not:

"Most religious people were indoctrinated when they were children".

I am happy to accept your stance that many religions will indoctrinate children, but I question the relevance and pre-emptively point out that agreeing with such in no way means that your original assertion has any merit whatsoever.

Religions aren't nearly that complex once you've taken some evolutionary psychology classes.
    I suggest you try to be a little less condescending. And +1 for adding an attempted argument of authority on me to add to the regular use of the strawman and ad hominem.

Maybe try taking some classes in debating and constructing logical arguments. Maybe consider something like Toulman's Model of Argument to constuct proper arguments

Because males don't have breasts, an part of your body that is highly sexualized and as a result taboo. You're not being oppressed when you're told not to let your babies swing freely in the summer breeze. You're being told to respect other people and be tolerant of the fact that they're probably not comfortable with seeing your naked mammaries.
    We wear clothes out of "decency" and respect to other people, just like we wear it not to freeze our asses off or because we think it's stylish.

That doesn't justify the hijab. In fact I'd argue it's a reasoning against it. But perhaps that's what your end goal is here? You're arguign that you shouldn't have to be ashamed of your body, right? Well the hijab is just another thing created to make you, a woman, feel shame about how you look.
    Forcing a female to wear a shirt with the threat of jail is the SAME as forcing a female to wear ANY OTHER CLOTHING that is not needed by HER with the threat of jail while allowing a MALE the freedom to wear it or not if they choose.

I don't give a flip how uncomfortable you are at seeing my breasts OR my hair, that will never give you the right to FORCE me to wear a shirt OR a hijab. Piss off.
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-09-27 at 04:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cut out the religion-bashing. It has no place here. If your only reason for participating in this subject is to bash on religion, or this girl's religion specifically, then don't post.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    Yes, America is less tolerant towards female breasts in public.
    In Scandinavia there is a rule. If a man can go topless, so can a woman.

But I guess women's breast are more scary to some than a AR-15.
    It's quite strange. In the case of the US, I think one can point fingers Christianity in regards to women and their bodies as well.

more far left PC bullshit from the BBC, 'hey guyz muslims can be fun too'....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaney View Post
    Cool, but why should Europeans care? Keep that shit in Middle East. kkthxbb
    do you know what, i can kind of understand where youre coming from with this.
    on the other hand, what she is doing is quite liberal for a muslim woman & maybe it might open the eyes of people both muslim & non muslim, which can only be a good thing.

edit. no, im not a mad liberal.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Forcing a female to wear a shirt with the threat of jail is the SAME as forcing a female to wear ANY OTHER CLOTHING that is not needed by HER with the threat of jail while allowing a MALE the freedom to wear it or not if they choose.

I don't give a flip how uncomfortable you are at seeing my breasts OR my hair, that will never give you the right to FORCE me to wear a shirt OR a hijab. Piss off.
    No, I don't think it is. Yes let's all run around naked in total anarchy. Who cares about anything? Just take it all of and do whatever. Rub one out in the street, who cares? It's my body, my rights! That'd be some kind of Libertarian anarchy utopia.

Well, in your own home you can do whatever you want. Your place, your rules. In public, no. You live in a society and societies have more people than just you. At some point you have to compromise with the other people on things, so that you can get along. I don't like seeing men half-naked either, so I don't particularly want women to be half-naked too. As much as I love naked women, there's a time and place. Unless you're on the beach, then it's fine I guess... But I can avoid going to the beach. Or seek the beach out. Morality is a strange thing, I know.

We shouldn't allow the hijab, niqab or the burqa. I stand firm on that. Freedom of life and choice doesn't equals freedom to oppress.

And stop bringing up this strange US law I've never heard about like it somehow applies to me. Did you see that I'm Swedish?

This all reminds me of how it's bad to see a woman in her underwear but it's okay to see her in a bikini. That's a strange thing to me, but I suppose it's got to do with the mood state someone is in while wearing different things. Underwear is more intimate, more private, due to association and habit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    Then it must be bad.
    So when something is forced upon you its not bad? Since when was freedom of choice something bad?

No, I don't think it is. Yes let's all run around naked in total anarchy. Who cares about anything? Just take it all of and do whatever. Rub one out in the street, who cares? It's my body, my rights! That'd be some kind of Libertarian anarchy utopia.

Well, in your own home you can do whatever you want. Your place, your rules. In public, no. You live in a society and societies have more people than just you. At some point you have to compromise with the other people on things, so that you can get along. I don't like seeing men half-naked either, so I don't particularly want women to be half-naked too. As much as I love naked women, there's a time and place. Unless you're on the beach, then it's fine I guess... But I can avoid going to the beach. Or seek the beach out. Morality is a strange thing, I know.

We shouldn't allow the hijab, niqab or the burqa. I stand firm on that. Freedom of life and choice doesn't equals freedom to oppress.

And stop bringing up this strange US law I've never heard about like it somehow applies to me. Did you see that I'm Swedish?

This all reminds me of how it's bad to see a woman in her underwear but it's okay to see her in a bikini. That's a strange thing to me, but I suppose it's got to do with the mood state someone is in while wearing different things. Underwear is more intimate, more private, due to association and habit.
    I don't care what you think. I care about reality. And the reality is exactly as I posted. Now, piss off, because all you want to do is say how bad it is to force a woman to wear a head scarf but condone forcing a woman to wear a shirt while allowing men the freedom to wear NEITHER. Hypocrites and control freaks need to all piss off, ESPECIALLY the sexist ones.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jennifer eccles View Post
    do you know what, i can kind of understand where youre coming from with this.
    on the other hand, what she is doing is quite liberal for a muslim woman & maybe it might open the eyes of people both muslim & non muslim, which can only be a good thing.

edit. no, im not a mad liberal.
    She might even be getting death threats as it is even when she's doing it like this. And somehow people don't think she's still being oppressed and that wearing the hijab isn't oppression. Blows my friggin' mind.
    This is the stuff muslim women get acid in their face over.

Deleted
    I don't care what you think. I care about reality. And the reality is exactly as I posted. Now, piss off, because all you want to do is say how bad it is to force a woman to wear a head scarf but condone forcing a woman to wear a shirt while allowing men the freedom to wear NEITHER. Hypocrites and control freaks need to all piss off, ESPECIALLY the sexist ones.
    You must also try to see the difference between a social norm and the hijab dilemma. If we use a social norm and study the rules, the same rules of clothing applies to both men and female in almost all cultures. The difference between a norm that the majority of the people has agreed upon and a restriction that only affects one single sex is not the same thing and cant be compared.
    Last edited by mmoc1e91e35c21; 2017-09-27 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbywan View Post
    You must also try to see the difference between a social norm and the hijab dilemma. If we use a social norm and study the rules, the same rules of clothing applies to both men and female in almost all cultures. The difference between a norm that the majority of the people has agreed upon and a restriction that only affects one single sex is not the same thing and cant be compared.
    Read my post that you quoted again. Shirts affect ONLY females in the USA, just as hijabs affect ONLY females in the middle east.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I miss cosplaying. D:

In a distant era I was an A number 1 Chobits cosplayer. Personacoms <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care what you think. I care about reality. And the reality is exactly as I posted. Now, piss off, because all you want to do is say how bad it is to force a woman to wear a head scarf but condone forcing a woman to wear a shirt while allowing men the freedom to wear NEITHER. Hyppocrites and control freaks need to all piss off.
    You should care, because this is about freedom.
    Nope, that's not entirely what I've said. You're projecting a lot of things onto me right now and you don't need to insult me.

You seem entirely ignorant of the kind of oppression these muslim women face. Now let me remind you what happens to muslim women who don't "do as they're told".
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acid_throwing
    The fact that this girl wears a hijab is testament to how she CAN'T take it off. I'm willing to bet she's facing problems simply for cosplaying even when she's wearing it.
    That is my point of view. I will never believe that a muslim woman willingly decides to keep wearing a hijab, niqab or burqa (in decending order of nastiness). I find your view that she somehow willingly chooses to keep wearin the symbol of her oppression as absurd.

You seem to have kept ignoring what I've explaiend about morality and society so you can keep blowing up about this hate for t-shirts. If you can't understand why a womans breast are more sexual, why they're deemed a "private part", then you're choosing to be ignorant.
    I can't show my dick in public either. Why don't you argue in favor of me being able to do that as well? Or is there were you arbitrarily draw the line and call ME a hypocrit?
    Most people aren't comfortable with it, so we don't do it. Right?

There's a huuuuuuuuuuuge difference here and you're making it sound like you're being oppressed because you can't show your naked breasts in public, somehow comparing THAT to a hijab in severity and oppression. It's such a white girl complaint to make. You honestly think that it can actually compare.
    You actuall have the liberty and freedom to even discuss your body like this. You can fight for wanting to be topless in public.
    Try having this conversation in a Muslim country then come back and talk to me about oppression when you know what it's actually like and not this childish white girl complaints that you can't show your tits in public. Your ignorance is staggering.

You seem entirely ignorant
    Not ignorant at all. I simply see hypocrisy in your words and am calling you on it. The DEGREE of sexism and oppression doesn't matter - it ALL needs to piss off. Both your condoning of forcing ONLY females to wear shirts and others forcing ONLY females to wear hijabs. End of discussion from me.
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-09-27 at 05:16 PM.