View Poll Results: Time to remove Ghostcrawler tweets from front page news?

Voters
726. This poll is closed
  • Yes

371 51.10%
  • No

355 48.90%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    They became annoying many many years ago, but not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post

As I said, the hyperbole is the thing how a tweet every month or so is like a pop up add or a fly buzzing around you. You LITERALLY can scroll past it. And it doesn't even scream "GHOSTCRAWLER" at you. It says "Game Developer Tweets"

What hurts you? That you got intrigued, read it..maybe even thought "Oh, this sounds interesting", then found it was from GC and now feel soiled because the man just cannot have a thought?

Hell, the thought is not even about WoW
    I close the pop up, I scare the fly, I scroll down his tweets that only a moron wouldn´t recognize by the way they´re presented in the news. What I'm questioning is their relevance or utility when they´re almost always the same old defending his decisions while he was at Blizz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

I dont think Ghostcrawlers tweets matter if he isnt even working at blizzard anymore, which he hasnt been for years, hell he has videos of being in league of legends, so honestly, it'd be better from now on if anything ghostcrawler related was kept in the league stuff.

I cherish ghostcrawler's tweets and observations. Super smart dude, with very well thought out responses. he's a treasure, imo.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Obviously there are a large percentage of people who still enjoy reading his insights. You might not be one of them. Ignore it! YAY!
    What are the insights, though?

There used to be tons. His stuff used to be fascinating, both when he worked at Blizzard, and for a long while after he left.

That's the worst thing about it for me - it's not "OMG THAT GUY SUCKS" - I quite like him - or whatever, it's the disappointment, because it seems like every time I see them, he has less insight, less to say, and his opinions are more opinion-y, less considered, and reek of nostalgia. It's like gradually watching someone's decline. I mean, I have started scrolling past them, but it's sad because he used to have something to say. If I've missed something cool because I've started scrolling past, can you tell me about it?

10+ Year Old Account
    If half of these voters are saying 'yes' then they should remove it. His tweets were relevant back in Cata. not 7 years later Chaud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    That's a tweet that MMO-C posts? I thought Twitter had some character max limit. I legit thought MMO-C was interviewing Ghostcrawler on a small scale biweekly or something.
    Sorry I think they might be from his blog

https://askghostcrawler.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    Becoming annoying? They've always been annoying. Ghostcrawler is a smart and creative guy, but his tweets are kind of like an ex-gf bitching about a relationship from 4-5 years ago. Enough already.
    Ye the problem is that people still come up to him and ask him questions about the ex all the time and he seems to be cool about answering them and apparently some people enjoy Reading his answers, so i guess why not? Its not like anyone is forcing those that dont to keep Reading them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    The Ghostcock posts were annoying and something completely irrelevant to the game since they started posting them.

I ignored them since the start, but I do wonder who's sucking his cock from the MMO-C staff. It's quite obvious it's not just "insight from old developers", because it's quite clearly just his.

- - - Updated - - -

Just feels weird having some random person's thoughts being posted as news.
    Did it ever occur to you that he may be the one that have shown any interest in sharing with the public?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    I see a thread a couple of weeks ago about this topic, but it lacked something very important: A poll.

When he worked for Blizz or when he just left, what he said had actually some relevance so I didn´t mind knowing what he had to say, but now it's completely pointless. I would follow him on his social media if I actually cared for what he has to say which I don´t.

I'd like to know what others think.
    Easy solution: DON'T READ THEM YOU BLOODY TIT.

You don't -have- to stop at every post on Mmo-champion and read It, just keep going and Ignore It.

To the rest of It It provides valuable Insight Into how WoW devs used to think, how -he- thought and how he's changed as a designer and his views on things, It's never a bad thing to hear another person's view and Insights and reflect on them with your own, never. So please, go away and lock this thread, thank you.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

The simple solution is to not read it. I really don't care about the computer of the month or the pages up on pages of PTR patch notes, guess what? I don't read them and that solves the problem.

I don't care if MMO-Champ has his tweets posted here but I tend to ignore GC's tweets since they're outdated opinions from him not working on the game in a few years and he has always struck me more as a PR guy than a dev.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    Nah it's easy when the shit isn't relevant anymore.

People who still have a hard-on for what his views are/were on a time over 3 years ago should migrate to his twitter and bask in his irrelevance there, when he is asked about WoW.
    Seeing the amount of replies here, and given the OP's choice of title, it appears it's not all that easy.

More power to you and I (and others of our ilk who are able to simply scroll on by his tweets). Then again, I virtually never check the front page of this site and instead go directly to the forums, so there is that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrington View Post
    He only becomes a scapegoat when people make him one, like you've done. He *was* a designer on WoW, and definitely wasn't fired, and definitely didn't make solo decisions that drove the state of the game. There are/were a lot of people working at Blizzard and there's no one captain that sails the ship. You're giving him too much credit.
    Ok sure Jarrington. If you say so.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    It's annoying because the people who want his posts on the front page are the same guys that whine about those that want classic realms, so they're just as bad because they're just as stuck in the past as the Nostalrius gang.
    I want to see his posts, voted no, not trolling, never whined about classic realms (pro or con or threads about them) nor do I want them. I also commented in the last thread saying I liked GC comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Why you have to resort to personal insults and language such as this, I just don't get. I do belive it will hold you back in life however.
    Classic trolling, mate: you insulted me 1st ("bloody bitter", called me "troll") then you call on me upon personal insults. :-) And then you continue with personal insults "will hold you back in life". On other forums you would have been banned by now (and me too for language).

Next time when you reply to me (on different topics maybe, this one is derailed anyway), just attack the idea with arguments and refrain from personal comments, otherwise don't play the surprised face when I answer you the same way. Or just don't answer at all.

On topic: it's just my feeling that GC's posts bother me, I have explained why. Every time someone hints at WoW (his only link to this community) he replies "oh, it's been so long, I have lost touch with wow since I left" and keeps singing the same song "we did what we think was right". I have read these phrases for years now, it's time they stop.

Eh, maybe people who follow him like money follows rich people's pockets should also listen to the guy: stop looking for "insights" about game design and maybe do something to prove yourself and your ideas. He even posted a list on his damn blog.

Anyway, keep them on if you feel like it, I voted the way I did and will not change my mind. To me, they are just "content" posted by MMOC team while GC gets some clicks/views. Just business.
    Last edited by DeusX; 2017-09-27 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeusX View Post
    Classic trolling, mate: you insulted me 1st ("bloody bitter", called me "troll") then you call on me upon personal insults. :-) And then you continue with personal insults "will hold you back in life". On other forums you would have been banned by now (and me too for language).

Next time when you reply to me (on different topics maybe, this one is derailed anyway), just attack the idea with arguments and refrain from personal comments, otherwise don't play the surprised face when I answer you the same way. Or just don't answer at all.

On topic: it's just my feeling that GC's posts bother me, I have explained why. Every time someone hints at WoW (his only link to this community) he replies "oh, it's been so long, I have lost touch with wow since I left" and keeps singing the same song "we did what we think was right". I have read these phrases for years now, it's time they stop.

Eh, maybe people who follow him like money follows rich people's pockets should also listen to the guy: stop looking for "insights" about game design and maybe do something to prove yourself and your ideas. He even posted a list on his damn blog.

Anyway, keep them on if you feel like it, I voted the way I did and will not change my mind. To me, they are just "content" posted by MMOC team while GC gets some clicks/views. Just business.
    I did not call you a troll, I said you were trolling and some of your replies here sure sounds like trolling.
    You also sound really bitter for what seems like no reason. That is not personal insults, just observations.

Again, a lot of stuff that is posted on MMO-C is not for everyone but some of us like it and thats enough. Same with the GC posts. The polls show quite clearly that not eveyone agrees with you. The best best solution here is just to skip the content you don't like.