New CoF nerf on the ptr

I was reading over some of the spell changes on the ptr and noticed this:

Prescience: Your attacks have a chance to reduce the remaining cooldown on one of your powerful abilities by 4 sec (down from 5 secs). Approximately 3 procs per minute.

This means on average the new battle cry cool down for fury will be 38 seconds rather than 35 seconds. It seems to me we may end up seeing an additional nerf to the trinket as this doesn't seem to be terribly significant, and part of the strength of CoF comes from the fact that its effect remains potent even at higher item levels because of how much of our damage comes from battlecry windows. Not to mention more battle cry windows will be even more significant with the tier 21 4 piece set bonus.

Personally I'd like to see them reduce this trinket's effects even further. Feels bad wearing an 895 trinket when the rest of your gear is 930+. Of course they'd have to buff our damage to compensate.
    Last edited by Urayamashii; 2017-09-28 at 05:45 PM.

i am not sure how many other classes are dependent on it as we are, if the number is the majority then i bet they will not compensate us.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilford View Post
    It amazes me how often Blizzard makes the mistake of putting such neat trinkets in middle tiers just to nerf them to make the new trinkets more appealing. It shouldn't come as a surprise but it does.
    CoF just needs to get a nerf, and the new nerf still seems to make CoF appealing. If they want to nerf it for good, put it down to 1 second and call it a day.

I'm more into the new trinkets because titanforged items really ruined most of the experience in the game. About a third of my guild have a 900-930 Arcano while myself and others are still stuck at 860-870.

Honestly I think CoF is only going to be better due to tier 21's interaction with rampage and battlecry. So i really do hope they nerf it to the ground so I can move on to more interesting setups.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guilford View Post
    It amazes me how often Blizzard makes the mistake of putting such neat trinkets in middle tiers just to nerf them to make the new trinkets more appealing. It shouldn't come as a surprise but it does.
    You might say the past warnings went unheeded.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2017-09-28 at 05:39 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Deleted
    Problem is that fury is extremly dependant on that trinket cause most of our damage comes from those windows,outside battle cry we are doing extremly laughable dps which is big problem.I would very much like the nerf to trinket aswell but then they would need to shuffle numbers so we can actually do damage outside battle cry.

Hopefully they nerf it to the ground because it would suck to use that trinket for the rest of the expansion. Feels lame not changing an item for so long when new content/raids are available.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    They don't have to nerf the trinket to a point of where it's useless (and frankly shouldn't). They just need it to be less appealing than trinket options in the new tier. Whether that means another nerf to CoF or a buff to the new trinkets.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by Alhazred View Post
    Problem is that fury is extremly dependant on that trinket cause most of our damage comes from those windows,outside battle cry we are doing extremly laughable dps which is big problem.I would very much like the nerf to trinket aswell but then they would need to shuffle numbers so we can actually do damage outside battle cry.
    This, yes. We go back and forth from wet noodle to chainsaw and it's bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a pretty good chance that the trinket will be further nerfed and this is only just the first test at it, Blizzard has made it pretty clear that they don't want people to continue to use this trinket two tiers down the line, especially considering that the item level of said trinket is mostly irrelevant.

Buffing Odyn's Champion would be a more fitting compensation than just giving a flat out damage buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    There's a pretty good chance that the trinket will be further nerfed and this is only just the first test at it, Blizzard has made it pretty clear that they don't want people to continue to use this trinket two tiers down the line, especially considering that the item level of said trinket is mostly irrelevant.

Buffing Odyn's Champion would be a more fitting compensation than just giving a flat out damage buff.
    I think this would be a lovely compromise. Perhaps they could increase Odyn's Champion to 2 seconds rather than 1. Even an increase to the ppm would be nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    This, yes. We go back and forth from wet noodle to chainsaw and it's bad.
    Welcome to the life of a Ret Paladin.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

The proc change is inconsequential, and the RPPM was not changed; 3 RPPM was always the default before spec modifiers.

Likely there'll be another change before anything goes live.

Man oh man I hope they buff fury out the ass in Antorus
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Deleted
    That's sad. Just after i got a 910 socketed CoF from the argus vendor
    wtb 910+ arcanodream ...

10+ Year Old Account
    I also really hope it gets nerfed though I got a 930 CoF off of the Nether-Stalker "Kadala". The previous one I had was 880 and the dps gain for the 50 ilevels difference was about 10k, so yeah, that felt kinda bad.

Ive got a 940 warglaives and 920 arcano on my fury warrior, likely not going to replace either in the coming raid unless cof stays at 4 sec and its quite broken with new tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Demondied1 View Post
    Ive got a 940 warglaives and 920 arcano on my fury warrior, likely not going to replace either in the coming raid unless cof stays at 4 sec and its quite broken with new tier.
    I have a number of 930+ trinkets that i would like to slot in instead of my peasant level 890 cof too lol.