Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    this is like the Kirin Tor memory game on steroids.... and i HATE the Kirin Tor memory game!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    Used the strat mentioned above, south east west. Completed it in 40 mins.
    The mount is awful since not in ponies but w/e
    i tried south east west east west south ect.. ect.. something like that

but now it's blocked i can turn around or GO NORTH

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Renault View Post
    You suck mate. The maze is not bugged or broken. You're just bad at it.

What i did, i used the addon, and it took me about an hour at most.

What i did, was NEVER go into a room that would overlap another room on the addon. That way you can backtrack with no problem what so ever. When i completed a rune with an orb, i would backtrack to another rune or orb i found earlier, and then reset the map on the addon. And then rinse and repeat.
    Ezpz
    it is bugged blue and green and purple orbs have never been found ever and i tried multiple different directional patterns
    and like i said yellow reset while i was still inside i had to somehow find yellow orbs again and redo it

SO UNLESS THERE ARE 2 YELLOW ORBS AND 2 YELLOW RUNES...it bloody well reset while i was still in it
    Last edited by skannerz22; 2017-09-29 at 11:58 AM.
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    i tried south east west east west south ect.. ect.. something like that

but now it's blocked i can turn around or GO NORTH

- - - Updated - - -

it is bugged blue and green and purple orbs have never been found ever and i tried multiple different directional patterns
    and like i said yellow reset while i was still inside i had to somehow find yellow orbs again and redo it
    Its working as intended. To frustrate the hell out of you until you quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    now i am trying to never go north at all regardless of where i am i will never go north

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Its working as intended. To frustrate the hell out of you until you quit.
    (((((((((((((((((

i used the addon for it on the day it the maze came up took me 1hr maybe? just had to learn the addon map isn't exactly 100% accurate (though looks to have been improved since i used it) but long as you follow the number its not bad. find the orb in room 30, and the rune for it was in room 5.. .just go back to 29,28,27,26,....7,6,5. The teleport rooms were the hardest ones for it to map out.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I stopped using that shit addon 1-2 hours ago
    My post was about using a map, not using that addon =/

Deleted
    someone claimed the maze is 8 rooms by 8 rooms large

i found that to be bullshit while failing to make my own map ending up going in 1 direction for nearly 20 rooms
    Not sure what the size is but it is larger than 8x8.

The problem is that it wraps or ports you from one place to another.

My Map;

Checkout the lines that go nowhere and how they match lines elsewhere e.g. A to A

My advice, make the map the way you feel comfortable. Bear in mind you draw a map in a one direction and then realise you are redrawing part because it looped/warped. Excel helped me here because I could then decide on a warp point and delete the duplicated areas.

Collect NO orbs until you have marked them out as they are your only guides. Once you have all five pairs, then you can track your path around and collect them in the right order. It took me a couple of hours of following advice on the best logic route to take getting nowhere, then 10-15 mins to make the map and 5-10 mins to retrace through all collection drop offs.

Good luck

SO UNLESS THERE ARE 2 YELLOW ORBS AND 2 YELLOW RUNES...it bloody well reset while i was still in it
    Not bugged. If you stay in there for too long, the runes reset. And the colors do exist. You just didn't find them

10+ Year Old Account
    time to start this i guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxj_swBYXVA

Cotton Eye Joe by Rednex [1 Hour]

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Renault View Post
    Not bugged. If you stay in there for too long, the runes reset. And the colors do exist. You just didn't find them
    it is bugged

a) start until you find a run/orbs
    b) start mapping from that rune/orbs until finding another rune/orbs
    c) if you find another rune/orbs start a new map
    d) when you have all the rune/orbs colours in your multiple maps try to glue them together
    e) make sure you can reach any rune/orbs before starting to combine them.

Making several maps is easier than just one big map because:
    a) you get teleported sometimes and that leads to invalid paths, its easier to spot
    b) when you reach the edge of the labyrinth map you start on the opposing side, making it easier to map routes without going in circles

It took me 30 mins only by using pen and paper and mapping as I was going. I didn't pick any orbs/runes so that I could use them as landmarks when I had finally found them all. People who use the addons are silly, it's child's play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravity2015 View Post
    this is like the Kirin Tor memory game on steroids.... and i HATE the Kirin Tor memory game!!!
    we need more of those

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    It took me 30 mins only by using pen and paper and mapping as I was going. I didn't pick any orbs/runes so that I could use them as landmarks when I had finally found them all. People who use the addons are silly, it's child's play.
    The rooms are randomly set.

You just got lucky.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Pen and paper, map it. Keep track of rooms with more than 2 openings so you'll be able to backtrack and check later.
    Bring the colored orbs (Use the torches to pick one up) to the room with same-color rune on the altar.

Everyone gets a different layout, so using someone else's map is pointless.
    This. I did the pen and paper route as well...most of the way anyway (but it is the best way). The map can overlap itself multiple times, and unless you have a really good sense of direction...you'll get lost. Very lost. Especially if you just pick up the first torch you see and run it home.

It took me a couple of hours as well. Little over 3 hours. Granted, I took breaks to get my head cleared as well, but there you go. The mount is called a Lucid Nightmare, and I can only say it's true.

10+ Year Old Account
    The addon is almost useless. It you are solely using the addon you will get lost as fuuuuuck.

Get a pencil and graph paper. Map everything out. Use orbs and runes as land marks. Only start clearing orbs/runes once you have finished your map and can run through it several times.

My Map: https://i.imgur.com/E7Rsmf7.jpg

Remember. There is teleportation. Some rooms teleport you to the same location every time. Others put you in random rooms. There may not always be a way back if you are teleported. You may find yourself walking out from a blocked off hallway. The one thing that is always constant is your directions. Rooms do not rotate, and if you leave through the left you will always come out on the right ect ect.

P.S. My map is small as hell, I got incredibly lucky, my guildies hated me for it.
    Last edited by Seethe; 2017-09-29 at 12:25 PM.
    When I went up the stair, I met a man who wasn't there.
    He wasn't there again today. I wish I wish he'd go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daxxarri
    Whale Shark is the devourer of the slow moving and inattentive. This includes plankton, whales, and AFK players.

Whale Shark swims where and how it pleases. Whale Shark /spits on your science.

time to start this i guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxj_swBYXVA

Cotton Eye Joe by Rednex [1 Hour]

- - - Updated - - -

it is bugged
    No, Renault is correct. If you've matched an orb with a rune, that rune can reset eventually. The orb won't, however; BUT, you still have credit for matching that color.

It took me a couple of hours to find most of the runes and orbs. I did not match any orbs to runes until I found them all. I had a hell of a time finding the blue orb. Once I did, I had a hell of a time getting back to the blue rune - it was at this point in my maze where I was hitting the teleportation rooms, so simply trying to backtrack did not work for matching blue. I ran around aimlessly for awhile and finally came back to it. After that, it was easy enough to backtrack through everything else. Between teleportation rooms and the maze not being all on one level, it gets very frustrating at times, but clearly, it can be done. Best advice right now is to leave it alone for a few hours and let the whole thing reset. Go back in and map it the best you can before matching any colors so you have as many landmarks as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    Used the strat mentioned above, south east west. Completed it in 40 mins.
    The mount is awful since not in ponies but w/e
    i have been doing that for basically 40min now and i keep finding blue rune but not the orb and can't find the other runes/orbs

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Novie View Post
    No, Renault is correct. If you've matched an orb with a rune, that rune can reset eventually. The orb won't, however; BUT, you still have credit for matching that color.

It took me a couple of hours to find most of the runes and orbs. I did not match any orbs to runes until I found them all. I had a hell of a time finding the blue orb. Once I did, I had a hell of a time getting back to the blue rune - it was at this point in my maze where I was hitting the teleportation rooms, so simply trying to backtrack did not work for matching blue. I ran around aimlessly for awhile and finally came back to it. After that, it was easy enough to backtrack through everything else. Between teleportation rooms and the maze not being all on one level, it gets very frustrating at times, but clearly, it can be done. Best advice right now is to leave it alone for a few hours and let the whole thing reset. Go back in and map it the best you can before matching any colors so you have as many landmarks as possible.
    yellow completely reset while i was still in it
    red orbs reset as well but red rune didn't reset

i haven't seen any yellow/red after redoing yellow

10+ Year Old Account
    I earned a cartography degree just from mapping out that maze one room at a time. And I still got lost even while mapping it out!

Took me 4-5 hours, but I GOT IT! And without the add-on either!

Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    Once you know how it works, it's really simple.

If you come across the same colour twice, that means you've been teleported so where you were for red for example, all ur paths u mapped out before at red will be exactly the same.

Also I think doing it in excel is easier than that addon. It made more sense to me when I was doing it after I scrapped the addon. Also in case you don't know, if you leave the room your layout will reset, it resets every time u enter it so its a new layout.
    I printed out graph paper and used different colors to coordinate each room and path I took.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Once you know how it works, it's really simple.

If you come across the same colour twice, that means you've been teleported so where you were for red for example, all ur paths u mapped out before at red will be exactly the same.

Also I think doing it in excel is easier than that addon. It made more sense to me when I was doing it after I scrapped the addon. Also in case you don't know, if you leave the room your layout will reset, it resets every time u enter it so its a new layout.

It took me 4 hours, and I had to restart my maps three times- I talked to someone else who'd done it and saw plenty of other people's maps, and what I'm thinking is that the spread of randomness to each map is incredibly high. Some people can use a simple method like "go straight, turn left" and eventually traverse all their rooms, but that definitely didn't work for me. I had one-way doors and rooms that were somehow "on top of" other rooms that made the entire thing a nightmare to try and draw out. I found the first three orbs within the first hour, but spent another three hours trying to find the last one.

The conclusion I came to is that my map had three separate "loops" that you could basically map out without issues, but each loop had "teleports" (some of which were one-way) to the other two loops. Having looked at other people's maps, it seems that this isn't always the case, or at least that theirs end up creating something that isn't so physically unintuitive.

Finally getting the mount felt pretty awesome, but now every time I see someone else with one, I grumble to myself "yeah, you probably only had to spend like twenty minutes in the halls, didn't you?" Not sure it was worth it.