Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    It's not bugged

Orbs and runes are NOT inside the maze more than 1 per colour

and it's definetly NOT 4 dimensional...

The rooms cen go over/under the existing rooms and there shouldn't be more than 2 layers.

There are also rooms that teleports you into another locatiaon in the maze which is why it's so confusing.

The easy way is to start drawing a map with every blockade (and going over existing rooms) untill you find a colour.
    Than start a drawing on a new sheet of paper untill you find another (or the same) colour.

After you fing all the orbs/runes, you have the place mapped an you can start matching the colours. NOT BEFORE You can even make a whole map out of the pieces you found but I couldn't be assed with that so I just made a markers where does the rooms connect (1-1, 2-2 etc...)

Whole thing took me about 3-4 hours (maybe 1-2 hours with the addon, and than I reasiled it won't help me)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    It's not bugged

Orbs and runes are NOT inside the maze more than 1 per colour

and it's definetly NOT 4 dimensional...

The rooms cen go over/under the existing rooms and there shouldn't be more than 2 layers.

There are also rooms that teleports you into another locatiaon in the maze which is why it's so confusing.

The easy way is to start drawing a map with every blockade (and going over existing rooms) untill you find a colour.
    Than start a drawing on a new sheet of paper untill you find another (or the same) colour.

After you fing all the orbs/runes, you have the place mapped an you can start matching the colours. NOT BEFORE You can even make a whole map out of the pieces you found but I couldn't be assed with that so I just made a markers where does the rooms connect (1-1, 2-2 etc...)

Whole thing took me about 3-4 hours (maybe 1-2 hours with the addon, and than I reasiled it won't help me)
    That is not a good solution, you can complete it within the hour using the method I posted on the first page, several people in the thread even seem to vouch for it working for them after I posted it.

Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    That is not a good solution, you can complete it within the hour using the method I posted on the first page, several people in the thread even seem to vouch for it working for them after I posted it.
    It's a good solution and will succeed 100% of the time. Yours may be quicker, but both are good solutions. My map took about an hour to draw and then I spent 10-15 minutes running with orbs before I was done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    I'm not saying it's the best, I'm just saying it's easy.

Also I would complete it way faster if I didn't mess around with the addon and had a couple of breaks

Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    If you walk into a room in New York, then through the opposite door and find yourself in an identical room in Tokyo, are you traversing a 4D map, or did you simply just get ported to a new location?

Over complication of the map's engine is what is making this so hard for some people.
    What hes saying is that if you start in a room. Then go

left
    left
    left

You do not end up back in the same room. its another room. So looking at it as a 2d maze doesnt work. It has to be over complicated.

But yeah 90% of the advise in this thread is garbage.

Also if you walk through a door, turn 180 and go back through the same door from the other side, you can get teleported somewhere else. So theres a few complications
    Last edited by Bobthegoat; 2017-09-29 at 03:43 PM.
    Bobthegoát - Aszune

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthegoat View Post

left
    left
    left

You do not end up back in the same room. its another room. So looking at it as a 2d maze doesnt work. It has to be over complicated.

But yeah 90% of the advise in this thread is garbage.

Also if you walk through a door, turn 180 and go back through the same door from the other side, you can get teleported somewhere else. So theres a few complications
    You would simply be in the room above/under the starting room...

And that's not 4D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    An hour? That's it? Oh you poor sweet summer child. An hour is just getting started.
    you clearly didn't look at the other comments
    i was there for 6 hours

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    If you walk into a room in New York, then through the opposite door and find yourself in an identical room in Tokyo, are you traversing a 4D map, or did you simply just get ported to a new location?

Over complication of the map's engine is what is making this so hard for some people.
    completely different laws of physics

- - - Updated - - -

reset it constantly to change the colours that was how i got out
    with no map no pattern
    just randomly turning different ways
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

I just ran in same direction, when i got to the end id say pick left then carry on same direction. Would change end up from left to right. Did it in under 1h.

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    i was there for 6 hours
    So, my original statement still holds true.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Wattmate View Post
    I just ran in same direction, when i got to the end id say pick left then carry on same direction. Would change end up from left to right. Did it in under 1h.
    That's pretty much what I did. Finished just under 2 hours. Can't imagine sitting in there for 3+ hours drawing maps and what not.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=151623/l...tmare#comments
    https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/27...ghtmare-helper

this addon didn't help 95% of the time
    i tried to explore everything to try and find where stuff was but it's endless.....halls...

i don't know where i am suppose to go
    and everyone has different maps
    i don't even know how to understand their maps to begin with
    and it seems impossible to make it on my own

i spent an hour in there and gave up using my pandaria wormhole
    I spent 2 hours in there. There is an element of RNG to it, the addon just helps you remember where the rooms are and allows you to set markers in each room for whether there is an orb or a glyph in there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Movie Creators are not Experts in these fields.
    Imagine pathways between these Rooms. They dont neccessary need to cross a 4th dimension to connect to other Rooms.
    A 4th Dimension would imply you can ALWAYS move these Directions, which you cant. You just have a set of Rooms in a 3D space.

You seem to try to overthink the Maze.

Doesnt mean you just didnt find the Orb. I also searched for an Orb for some time.
    While my Drawn Map became harder to understand (a 2D map for a 3D layout is not that good), I still found places I didn´t move to.

Again:
    If Randomly Walking around, or just walking around with a "System" doesnt get you anywhere. Map it out.
    While it may take more "Effort" to actually create a reliable Map. Its a sure way. If you dont screw up your Mappings.

... I somehow get the feeling you think yourself more Intelligent than you are.

Its a Technical Limitation for the Engine to create this "Seemingly" endless, looping Labyrinth. You dont actually Traverse into different Rooms, because its on a game technical standpoint easier to give you a Flag for a Certain Room, and change it accordingly.

If it would Actually simulate 4D, you would have a Portal in Each (Or some) Rooms, that actually would shift you on a 4th Direction. Aswell as StairCases.

You can at most move to a different Floor. Not a 4th Dimension.

A 2D Maze gives you the Ability to Move to Rooms on a Plane.
    A 3D Maze would give you the Ability to move to different Floors, (Rooms in a 3D Space)
    A 4D Maze would give you the Ability to move to different 3D Spaces of Floors. (Which Doesnt happen in this Case)

Its not that Hard. Each Dimension adds All the Other Dimensions aswell.
    the way you described it then blizzards maze is somewhere like 3.5D since the whole staying in 1 room feeling like you're in hundreds and feeling like you were teleported to the other end of those hundreds gave the illusion of being CLOSE TO 4d

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Wattmate View Post
    someone said to reset the instance repeatedly to get out faster and that worked for me i got out in a few minutes of doing that after being stuck for 6 hours if i did it this way from the begining it would of taken less than an hour

- - - Updated - - -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cube_2:_Hypercube

they were in 1 room the government warehouse at the same time as being inside a 3d cube where ever they went that let them travel 4 dimensionally and in the end of it the whole thing shattered they woke up in a 2D lake of liquid silver something(nanites?)

blizzards maze was 4d dimensional or close to it because if i ran backwards after entering a room i could see my characters glowy effects in another doorway that in it's self is what kind of happened in the movie they kept seeing themself a few times

and i once lagged while inside and ended up in a different part of the dungeon/cave where it has 2 steps going down under before it sent me back to the room and how you exit the wow maze also simulates how they exited their maze in the movie how the environment changed

the maze was close to 4d as blizzard could possibly make it using a 3d engine
    Last edited by skannerz22; 2017-09-29 at 07:16 PM.

Just finished mine, it took me an one hour and eighteen minutes precisely! I had a lot of fun doing it. You just have to note everything on paper and be rigourous, and if you get lost and end up somewhere you've been, just start again. My paper is a mess though haha, so many interconnections! Maybe I'll scan it and post it here tomorrow, just for fun.

Deleted
    snip

I think you don't even understand 1 dimension, not mentioning 4 of them at the same time...

You could see your glowy effects because in reality, you never left the same exact room. Only the interior (runes, orbs, blockades) was changing based on randomly generated pattern when you first entered it.

If you actually use your brain and start to think about it, it was a 2D maze

You can use 3D to immagine the overlaping rooms were on a different floor

If you got confused by endidng up in different room by backtracking, you happened to run into the teleporting room...

Nothing more and nothing less... there is no 4D element in this maze

You know, that Movie, is a TERRIBLE example of a Hyper Cube.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, that Movie, is a TERRIBLE example of a Hyper Cube.
    i did not know

but it's still the only example i have to describe what blizzard did to the best of their abilities

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    The rooms are randomly set.

You just got lucky.
    No, I just used my brain.

i did not know

but it's still the only example i have to describe what blizzard did to the best of their abilities
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yW--eQaA2I
    Take a look at this. This is a Game that utilizes a 4th Dimension.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yW--eQaA2I
    Take a look at this. This is a Game that utilizes a 4th Dimension.
    wow has an old game engine
    blizzard did their best
    also that game is not a nightmare like hyper cube was and endless halls was
    Last edited by skannerz22; 2017-09-29 at 11:52 PM.

wow has an old game engine
    blizzard did their best
    also that game is not a nightmare like hyper cube was and endless halls was
    But it is 4D, and the Endless halls is not even remotely 4D, nor was it intended. I Linked you the Video so you might understand 4D.
    But I lost any faith now that you can Grasp the Idea behind 4 Dimensions.

Deleted
    completely different laws of physics
    Irrelevant. The point is the way you are thinking about what happened, not how you would scientifically explain it.

The science behind it is not required in order to map and understand how you are moving about the map. Like I said, you are over complicating the situation for the sake of it, and it is holding you back. Well it would be if you hadn't found your way out already.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobthegoat View Post

left
    left
    left

It really doesn't. Some doors are portals to another part of the map. They aren't occupying the same space, nor are they upstairs or downstairs as some theorise.

Draw a map, find the jumps and just try to piece it together as though it was a 3D map, or as the OP suggests a 4D map. It doesn't fit as two portals close to each other don't allow you to place the map correctly. Please refer to map posted previously to see this.
    Last edited by mmoc150ef56254; 2017-10-02 at 06:57 AM.