Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Tried to do a mythic 4 maw of souls for getting at least a low weekly this week but nobody is inviting, I joined a group but they kicked me because I didn't have crucible stuff yet? What the hell? You don't even need it to do enough damage for a mythic 4 maw of souls. It's getting beyond absurd with the requirements people put for low keys.
    why are you doing +4 anyways
    all the good gear is in argus
    gear through argus then progress to mythic +6+7+8+9+10 ect

argus treasures, rares, world quests takes roughly 2-5 hours to finish per day
    650-1300+ estimate of veiled argunite
    get 2 gear items everyday up full 910 item level in 2 weeks
    after 2 weeks you get 1-3 per week over 910 items to gear with

mythic 5 or lower is dead and only done to level the keystone if you started from scratch
    Last edited by skannerz22; 2017-09-29 at 07:01 PM.
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    Yeah... I'd kick you too if you didn't have crucible on at least one toon by now. The entire quest takes less than 2 hours to do and the crucible is unlocked account-wide.

Stop with the excuses. Stop with the whining. Either make your own group or stop being bad and you won't get kicked out of +4 MaW runs. It's his/her key and they can take whoever they wish. They're not required to take baddies simply because you feel entitled to get carried through a low M+
    I play sporadically, that's why I don't have the crucible and just wanted to get on to do a dungeon today.

Also, lmao, baddies getting carried? I'm usually the one pulling the most damage in the low key groups I've joined.

I don't get what's so hard to understand and why those threads keep popping up.
    It's a simply supply and demand issue. List a key, and you have a few 920+ applying in minutes.
    Since itemlevel is the only metrics you have in the group finder, and no one is going to check any logs or external sources for a trivial key.

And considering "I am ranking 99% in my itemlevel bracket": The average dps for the 900 itemlevel bracket in the 99th percentile is 780k dps, while the average dps for the 920 bracket is also 780k dps - in the 30th percentile. Wheeras in the 99th percentile that would be 1200k dps. So why take a low equipped player in the hope that he is one of the best players in the world when you can take a high equipped player who just happens to know to press some keys.

I play sporadically, that's why I don't have the crucible and just wanted to get on to do a dungeon today.

Also, lmao, baddies getting carried? I'm usually the one pulling the most damage in the low key groups I've joined.
    Since people generally don't parse logs for M+, they see your ilvl and assume you're bad. Fair? Nah. That's the way groups work, though.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    Since people generally don't parse logs for M+, they see your ilvl and assume you're bad. Fair? Nah. That's the way groups work, though.
    They invited me because of my ilvl and then kicked me because I didn't have crucible done... I'm at 922.

I'm just cracking up because people act like you need 1 million + to clear a mythic +4. I get it, people want quick and easy, but they were faceroll when people were pulling 500k lol. It really is just laughable at the requirements people place on others to do the simplest of content. And people wonder why things like LFR and LFD won't ever go away.

Tried to do a mythic 4 maw of souls for getting at least a low weekly this week but nobody is inviting, I joined a group but they kicked me because I didn't have crucible stuff yet? What the hell? You don't even need it to do enough damage for a mythic 4 maw of souls. It's getting beyond absurd with the requirements people put for low keys.
    That's groups in general since Blizzard gutted rewards from M+. It first happened when people found out they gave less AP, then when they cut rewards from extra chests that kinda nailed the coffin. I have a 930 Lock alt with 66 points in his artifact, who often gets kicked from M+ 10s because he "doesn't have tier". At some level its the players being outrageous, but you really should be blaming the people who created this problem(Blizzard) by starting something off this expansion that was widely received as positive. The start of the expansions had thousands of high end players just carrying low geared people, no questions asked other than what key you had, for free. Carry groups have disappeared and the actual groups only want higher than needed gear to make it faster now.

Deleted
    @Freighter

I fully understand you frustration.
    Unfortunately the WoW community evolved into this type of elitism jerks.
    In other games like Monster Hunter we see people left and right helping other players. In WoW is different, what we see today are very selfish players.
    Selfish is not even the appropriate adjective. They are outright stupid sometimes.

You just have to live with this fact and don't expect to be helped by anyone else, you will just be disappointed.

On the bright side, if you do Argus for 2 weeks and get fully stacked with 910 gear you can probably get to 925 ilvl with crucible also helping you out.
    People will want you then.
    I'm being accepted by random groups now that i am "full Argus".

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    @Freighter

I fully understand you frustration.
    Unfortunately the WoW community evolved into this type of elitism jerks.
    In other games like Monster Hunter we see people left and right helping other players. In WoW is different, what we see today are very selfish players.
    Selfish is not even the appropriate adjective. They are outright stupid sometimes.

You just have to live with this fact and don't expect to be helped by anyone else, you will just be disappointed.

On the bright side, if you do Argus for 2 weeks and get fully stacked with 910 gear you can probably get to 925 ilvl with crucible also helping you out.
    He mentioned that he's already 922, but just hasn't completed the quest chain for the crucible. However the actions might be by players, but the issue is with Blizzard. The beginning of the expansion didn't have much selfishness or elitism, there were thousands of carry groups(yes including people in top world guilds) every day for keystones, until they nerfed AP gains from M+ in January.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    That's groups in general since Blizzard gutted rewards from M+. It first happened when people found out they gave less AP, then when they cut rewards from extra chests that kinda nailed the coffin. I have a 930 Lock alt with 66 points in his artifact, who often gets kicked from M+ 10s because he "doesn't have tier". At some level its the players being outrageous, but you really should be blaming the people who created this problem(Blizzard) by starting something off this expansion that was widely received as positive. The start of the expansions had thousands of high end players just carrying low geared people, no questions asked other than what key you had, for free. Carry groups have disappeared and the actual groups only want higher than needed gear to make it faster now.
    Well and with how easy it is to get gear on Argus, let alone AP who in their right mind would bother with a bunch of douchecanoes that think they need to always use a nuke to start a bonfire. I mean why even bother?

They invited me because of my ilvl and then kicked me because I didn't have crucible done... I'm at 922.
    lol I missed that part. That's shitty.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Stop crying and make your own group. Sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    @Freighter
    So what you're saying is that you did a few things to help yourself out and now you're getting accepted into groups?

OP, this poster has your solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Doing a 2hours quest line which rewards you greatly, even more so as a melee, such an absurd requirement.
    It was a mythic 4. I was doing them last time I was playing without any problems. I don't need better gear or crucible to pull enough damage in a mythic 4.

So, how many quests left for crucible when you get the invasion point quest?
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-09-29 at 07:38 PM.

So, how much is left for crucible when you get the invasion point quest?
    It shouldn't take long, now whether you quit out of boredom from running around Argus is a different matter.

Deleted
    People want to play with other people who are like minded. It is normal that good players don't want someone in their group that is dragging them down and you have to base your decision on the factors you can actually see.

Looks pretty normal to me and I like that it is the way it is

What has crucible to do with +4? You can do +4 with pretty low ilvl. Even below 900.

About 2 months ago when the weekly was mythic dungeons I signed up for a maw 4 on a low 930s toon. At the time this was a very well geared toon far above what you'd see for that level. The party leader whispered me asking to link KSM for an invite. So I did and delisted myself.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

It's not hard and doesn't take very long to unlock the Netherlight Crucible. Just do the quests. I don't know why that wouldn't be the first thing you did.

You can obviously do a +4 without it but there is no reason not to have it. At minimum it's a 15 ilvl increase for your weapon and people don't typically want things to take longer than they need to.