10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up Group Finder Tool Improvements!?!?

Would you be in favor of Blizzard adding more information / improvements on the players signing up in the group finder tool?

For example, what if instead of just the Character Name, Class, and ilvl, the tool also showed on hover what the highest form of content the account of that player has completed, both in terms of raiding / pvp / and Mythic+ dungeons.

I think the more information the Blizzard UI Group Builder tool shows, the better informed the group starter is to make decisions on bringing players.

Because right now, only ilvl is the indicator for whether or not a player brings someone into their group. If more info was available, a group starter might bring a lower ilvl player because they may have completed higher level content on their account maybe on another character and that for the most part is a better indicator of skill and ability rather than just pure ilvl.

What are your thoughts?

I actually like the idea. Pure ilvl keeps people subbed though because then they have to always be farming. That's what Blizz wants.
    This is my signature and it is special.

Deleted
    Knowing the WoW community i would guess it would be a tool to further discriminate people into not joining.
    "Oh, you have not done the Mythic version of the previous raid? You must be a noob."

I know you mean well, and your objective is to possibly invite people with lower item level...but i bet my ass it wouldn't be used as such. Not even close.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, rather not. It would make the tool more cluttered and would invite for worse 'reviews' of players.

Though, I would LOVE if they could add an item level lock, so you cannot be less item level than what you demand, nor can anyone in the group if it is created with the group finder tool. Too many times I've seen high demands for ilvl just to realize that I am a babysitter.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

They can do it, they even have system in place for exact purpose (it was used in MoP to show PG completion info like bronze/silver/gold, but it can actually show any kind of information blizz decides to put here). I think it still provides that info, but blizz haven't added any other statistics in here since then

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Hmm, rather not. It would make the tool more cluttered and would invite for worse 'reviews' of players.

Though, I would LOVE if they could add an item level lock, so you cannot be less item level than what you demand, nor can anyone in the group if it is created with the group finder tool. Too many times I've seen high demands for ilvl just to realize that I am a babysitter.
    That already happens now. The min ilvl only works if you are at least that ilvl or higher.

That's a blind-circle.
    Instead of "Want 930ilvl" they'll just post "Want Mythic +15", or "Only with Heroic KJ".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    That's a blind-circle.
    Instead of "Want 930ilvl" they'll just post "Want Mythic +15", or "Only with Heroic KJ".
    So you are advocating for less information for the group starter to determine who he/she brings?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    So you are advocating for less information for the group starter to determine who he/she brings?
    I'm just saying that people will be still doing the same thing as they're doing right now. I mean - they're going to have highly expectations for the low difficults as it's for now. Nothing will change that.

That's a blind-circle.
    Leaders already checking applicants on armory/wowprogress. So adding that information in game will change almost nothing, leaders just won't need to alt-tab and check you in web browser and as result it will take less time to assembly group... Win-win situation.

Deleted
    Because we all know where this leads to. Don't you know where this is going?
    "LFM Antorus, Mythic Tomb of Sargeras curve required"
    I don't mind, i mean, i can make my own group but we all know where this is going.

I wish it put all your personal information along with billing info. That way when you join the group a lot more is on the line. Makes picking a group something that matters. Life is the real game folks.

Deleted
    yes. if you wanna only play with snowflakes write that in the description....

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just saying that people will be still doing the same thing as they're doing right now. I mean - they're going to have highly expectations for the low difficults as it's for now. Nothing will change that.
    I mean we have the tool as it is now. I'm advocating for more information to allow people to make better informed decisions to build their groups.

Certain people will always have unrealistic expectations / requirements regardless of info. I'm just saying that it is better to have that information available instead of just item level and character class because then someone can really tell if that person is decently skilled, instead of just seeing a low item level and not even considering the person.

Personally, i'll take people who I know are skilled and have executed the fights before, rather than someone with a super high ilvl with 0 prior experience to the fights.

Knowing and executing mechanics > high ilvl.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Because we all know where this leads to. Don't you know where this is going?
    "LFM Antorus, Mythic Tomb of Sargeras curve required"
    I don't mind, i mean, i can make my own group but we all know where this is going.
    Like I responded to @Eazy there will always be people who place exceptionally high requirements and even unrealistic requirements on their groups. Thats fine and it will continue to happen regardless of Blizzard providing more information as I proposed in the OP.

The bottom line is, why would you as a player want to have less information on another player when it comes to coordinated raiding or high mythic+ grouping?

Wouldn't more information help you set a proper and skilled group rather than potentially failing?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    yes. if you wanna only play with snowflakes write that in the description....
    So mr. Fummoc, why? Why would you want the game to provide players with less information in the group builder tool?

Deleted
    Like I responded to @Eazy there will always be people who place exceptionally high requirements and even unrealistic requirements on their groups. Thats fine and it will continue to happen regardless of Blizzard providing more information as I proposed in the OP.

The bottom line is, why would you as a player want to have less information on another player when it comes to coordinated raiding or high mythic+ grouping?

Wouldn't more information help you set a proper and skilled group rather than potentially failing?
    I'm pretty sure your changes could be worked for good and it would for a lot of people!
    But my disbelief in the community is huge!
    I think the game would evolve...like it evolved when gear score was first introduced. And i bet it would evolve into something nasty
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-09-29 at 10:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That already happens now. The min ilvl only works if you are at least that ilvl or higher.
    No no, I mean, flat line requirement. If you make a demand for a certain item level, you shouldn't be able to queue if there is anyone below it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..