Poll: pick a class

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    I agree with the other guy; I’d punch a monkey to get a bard class
    Well I'm now sold on the Bard class.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    *cough* Demon Hunters from Demonology Warlocks *cough cough*

Though I do agree. Necromancer would be be taking from Unholy DKs most, but I imagine also Affli Warlocks would lose a fair chunk of abilities too. Raising dead, curses, shadow magic and healing yourself by removing life from others?

And the whole 20-30 undead army? Yeah. Unholy has that as a CD and Demo effectively has that as their rotation, but with demons. Sounds like Demo would have to have yet another rework.
    deathknights still have their abilities even if necromancers come
    but necromancers would be casters and better at raising the dead than deathknights

blizzard just made demonology warlocks incorrectly in the past which didn't fit the lore/npc's
    illidan was literally in a partial demon form permanantly and most legion warlocks were opening portals not becoming demons(i know that 1 black temple guy but he is unique and not the majority)

deathknights army of the dead like you just said has a cooldown and their fairly weak undead
    necromancers would have them permanantly not as a cooldown and regularly create more
    bloody hell
    look at diablo 3 how they did it except it would be better than that for wow
    Last edited by skannerz22; 2017-09-30 at 01:48 PM.
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    *cough* Demon Hunters from Demonology Warlocks *cough cough*

Though I do agree. Necromancer would be be taking from Unholy DKs most, but I imagine also Affli Warlocks would lose a fair chunk of abilities too. Raising dead, curses, shadow magic and healing yourself by removing life from others?

And the whole 20-30 undead army? Yeah. Unholy has that as a CD and Demo effectively has that as their rotation, but with demons. Sounds like Demo would have to have yet another rework.
    Exactly. Demon hunters got shoved in at the expense of warlocks and rogues. Trying to shove necromancers in while come at the expense of warlocks and death knights.

New classes should fit in naturally, not be forced in and require pillaging other classes for abilities. Tinker would fit in significantly better than Necromancer, but I don't think it would work being gnome/goblin goofy shit and would just end up being the least played class down next to monks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Exactly. Demon hunters got shoved in at the expense of warlocks and rogues. Trying to shove necromancers in while come at the expense of warlocks and death knights.

New classes should fit in naturally, not be forced in and require pillaging other classes for abilities. Tinker would fit in significantly better than Necromancer, but I don't think it would work being gnome/goblin goofy shit and would just end up being the least played class down next to monks.
    NECROMANCERS ARE NOT DEATHKNIGHTS
    deathknights are literally copying necromancers NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND

necromancers are the bloody original! and there was 2 types of them before deathknights existed!!!!!!!!!

you people know no damn lore whatsoever
    the witchdoctor necromancer was literally inside of arthas's head 24/7

I'd love a bard class, but unfortunately they would have to literally break the game in half for that to work

problem a: it disrupts the holy trinity, which is way too deeply embedded into the game (queues/raidcomps/etc)
    problem b: bard cant be the only support class, otherwise they're either gonna be invaluable and a must have in raids due to their support, or made totally useles so they're not mandatory, which means they'd have to remake at least 2 other class specs to a support spec, which leads to another problem
    problem c: do you design raids around support classes, or not? if you do then you're basically forcing a brand new role on people, if you dont, then what's the point of playing a support if they can just do the same thing without you?

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    NECROMANCERS ARE NOT DEATHKNIGHTS
    deathknights are literally copying necromancers NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND

necromancers are the bloody original! and there was 2 types of them before deathknights existed!!!!!!!!!

you people know no damn lore whatsoever
    the witchdoctor necromancer was literally inside of arthas's head 24/7

a: he was a shaman
    b: just because they were first in lore doesnt mean that from a gameplay standpoint necromancers would work, it'd have to be too much of a mash between warlocks and deaht knights, and it wouldnt feel original?

oh you curse people? well warlocks do that already
    oh you raise the dead? well death knights do that already
    oh you're a ranged dps operartign with pets and dots? well warlocks do that already
    and i could go on

what exactly would make necromancers so unique and fresh as to make it worth making them a new class

what i actually want the most, is giving classes extra specs, like chronomancer for mages as a healer, or a tank spec for rogues etc
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-09-30 at 01:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    deathknights still have their abilities even if necromancers come
    but necromancers would be casters and better at raising the dead than deathknights

blizzard just made demonology warlocks incorrectly in the past which didn't fit the lore/npc's
    Yes, but each class has to have their individual 'class fantasy' now. Some have it more defined than others admittedly, but what would the Necromancer's be other than 'ranged Unholy DK'?

Would you have it as just a complete overlap like that? Or would you remove things from Affli and Unholy to ensure that the Necromancer is the only class occupying that fantasy? And if so, what would you give to the specs affected instead to keep their fantasy well rounded?

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

5+ Year Old Account
    tinker, cause its sounds pretty unique for WoW (and necromancer sounds like a death knight/lock combo that has been played again and again and again and again and again and ag...)

10+ Year Old Account
    i already explained twice how they are different and why they are different

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by digichi View Post
    tinker, cause its sounds pretty unique for WoW (and necromancer sounds like a death knight/lock combo that has been played again and again and again and again and again and ag...)
    it's not the bloody same

i already explained twice how they are different and why they are different

- - - Updated - - -

it's not the bloody same
    it is tho

10chars

Warden class. (get rid of melee survival for hunters, take the good parts and morph it into the tanking warden spec. give it a dps and a healer spec as well)

Wears mail.

Find a way to make it open to races other than elves.

Tons of good lore, a good basis for a class.

but if i had to choose between the two choices given, i would have to say tinker.

necro could be a caster dk fourth spec
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Dark Ranger

Mail Ranged DPS. Summon weak Skeletal Minions via spells like Black Arrow. Has Drains and Mind Control.

Dark Ranger brings unique visual opportunities that another cloth spell caster already has represented in Locks and Spriests
    Last edited by bryroo; 2017-09-30 at 02:16 PM.

The class fantasy was just a bunch of bull shit. The worst thing about Legion was the class overhauls.

As far as classes overlapping THEY SHOULD. Light/Void/Life/Death/Fel/Arcane not very many schools of magic to pull from. Its fine if classes have similar abilities. Blizzard trying to make every spec into its own little class. Rather then focusing on making the class it fun to play in its base form like it used to be. Then changing how it plays based on the spec you pick.

That damn fantasy buzz word. Necromancer could have plagues, curses, corruptive magic and summons. Its OK! Death knights and Warlocks don't have to lose anything. The lack of imagination from people is pathetic.

I would also like Tinkers. Spellbreakers. Runecasters. Shadow/void knights. Alchemists. Battlemages. Dragonknights. Wardens, Dark ranger ect... even if its just 4th specs added I want more.

Why do you want so much the Tinker? Isn't it similar to a lumberjack robot?

10+ Year Old Account
    unholy dk is very light and still melee focused
    so you have no idea what a necromancer even is
    unholy dk summons 1 minion that transforms into 1 tank
    a necromancer raises armies for the lich king while the deathknights are out attacking downs
    again you're trying to compare melee hunters to warriors basically

necromancers are like kel'thuzad
    - - - Updated - - -

would you still play it if paladins got a bard spec literally named bard and primarily buffed people and debuffed enemies and held 1h weapon+ offhand and their main offhand item is some harp or trumpet something
    You mean, would I still play bard if they made exactly what I’m asking for in a bard class? Yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Sure, a class with 20-30 permanent pets sounds like a great idea! Imagine having 3 of them in a 5 man dungeon and a tank with 5 of them. Wow, that's 95 pets on the screen lol.

Looks like you didn't think your idea through.

Anyway, necromancer is not going to happen. We will probably see no new classes, we have enough.

Let me break that down: "I WANT THEM NECROMANZAS CAUSE THEY'RE SO COOL and the best, and all your comparisons dont mean nothing cause NECROMANZAS!!11!1!! It's an insult that you'd even think of comparing my genious idea to a f** disgusting Deathknight you f** twat"

Seriously bro, you need to calm the f down....Also, masking this as a poll, when all you're trying to say is that you want WoW to be EVEN MORE like D3 and are a huge necro-fanboy, is kinda ridicilous. You maybe expected everyone to be like "HELL YEAH; THIS GENIOUS IS SAYING WHAT I ALWAYS DREAMT OF", when in fact people are like, "OH MY GOD, NO!"
    On topic: No,I hate Necromancers, I'd prefer tinkers, but am not quite convinced there either. I'm pretty sure a new race will be next and my bet's on nagas.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I take that as a no.

Unholy DK is literally a necromancer with a focus on undead pets.
    Are you the guy that screamed Demon Hunters will never happen because warlocks already have Metamorphosis?
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Out of the two, I have to go with Tinker.

We don't really have a need for necromancers right now, story-wise, and returning to the Scourge in the next expansion also doesn't make sense.

At least tinkers could possibly bring some technological innovations, for space travel/combat that I assume we will have to go through in order to defeat the Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    Warden class. (get rid of melee survival for hunters, take the good parts and morph it into the tanking warden spec. give it a dps and a healer spec as well)

Wears mail.

Find a way to make it open to races other than elves.

Tons of good lore, a good basis for a class.

but if i had to choose between the two choices given, i would have to say tinker.

necro could be a caster dk fourth spec
    why would you hack away at hunters they're not the same class
    necromancers should never be a dk spec they're literally a different class and have existed before dk
    dk should be a 4th necromancer spec more like it

Whats the difference between Necromancer and Unholy DK?