Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Exclamation Youtube demonetization drama?

So i've been getting a lot of vids in my youtube feed about people getting demonetized. My question is, what will these youtubers do now? Will they have to go out into the real world and get a job or am I not understanding what's going on?

It means they are usually making a lot less money for a whole range of dumb reasons. I've seen a few groups outright stop producing content because of it, while others look for alternative means like opening a Patreon page.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Why exactly is youtube not part of the "real world"? Entertainment is part of the real world. It's as real a job as any.
    No. I'm talking about a job where you have to clock in at an office or restaurant and get paid a wage etc. I'm just asking. Are these youtubers worried about having to go out into the real world? I guess i dont understand.

Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    No. I'm talking about a job where you have to clock in at an office or restaurant and get paid a wage etc. I'm just asking. Are these youtubers worried about having to go out into the real world? I guess i dont understand.
    I mean many of them put in alot of hours of work to put content on their channels. Many of them are highhandedly their producer, director, cameraman, editor, script writers. Why do you not understand the amount of effort that goes into keeping their channels going?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    They do a real job... They aren't making videos complaining because they have to change careers, they are making videos complaining because their income has been drastically reduced for absurd reasons.

Imagine you had a job and everything went great for a decade and then suddenly, through no fault of your own, but through the fault of your boss allowing another employee to be a shitter (and only for a very short period of time before they were punished), you now make 50% less money than you used to. Would you not be upset?

Because that is the situation YouTube content creators find themselves in.

They were just doing their thing for a long time with no issue, no complaints from advertisers... Then along came the SJW mob going to advertisers and saying "LOOK YOUTUBE IS PUTTING YOUR AD ON A VIDEOS MADE BY RACISTS!!!!!!!!" Even though the cases of that happening were both few and far between AND instantly corrected when reported... But nah, the businesses had the appease the Victim Olympics crowd and the adpocalypse happened... Tons of advertisers pulled out of YouTube because of this vastly exaggerated and overstated problem that was only a problem because SJWs made it a problem.

Many advertisers have since returned, but YouTube hit the retard switch and went overdrive on their demonetization algorithm... Basically everything that isn't made for children gets autoflagged and demonetized... Yes, after contacting YouTube, they can get them remonetized, but that doesn't really help them since the process takes several days, if not weeks, and the vast majority of their views happen right when they post the videos, so they make almost no money from ads anymore.

Most still make a decent amount of money from patreon/donations/merchandise/sponsorships... But its still way less than they used to make for retarded reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    So getting underpaid and overworked is a 'real job'?

I think you're just trying to push the narrative that it isn't a real job. Is TV, music, writing, and any other form of entertainment also not a real job?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Youtubing is a real job.

Also yes they are scared of losing their jobs and getting another one but not because the other ones are 'real jobs'. It's because Youtubing is something they are passionate about and enjoy and they are losing their wellbeing for reasons mostly outside of their control which is sucky no matter what job you have regardless or in particular if it is a job you are passionate about and enjoy. People have also put a lot of time, money and dedication into their channels, more-so than 75% of people do for their 'real jobs' to be frankly honest.

That's all their is too it. It's not hard to understand unless you are being purposefully ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    So i've been getting a lot of vids in my youtube feed about people getting demonetized. My question is, what will these youtubers do now? Will they have to go out into the real world and get a job or am I not understanding what's going on?
    Yes, pretty much you hit it on the the mark, morons are losing their monies because business which paid for their content is no longer trying to reward stupid shit like yelling fire in a crowded theater.

Business is feeling the heat from the backlash and it hurts their bottom line left or right, Youtube by default is caving to this also. It is real fucking simple, the model for viewers really just doesn't hold much sway in determining what value is assigned.

Where the previous model use to be, "Well as long as it gets eye balls on the product" it's a win for advertisers. Not anymore, it's come to the sobering reality that all fame isn't good fame and it cost dollars.

Some like controversy, shit some even like a certain kind, but not everyone, and they aren't going to pay for it.

Left or Right it comes down all around.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

There's a youtuber I like called Metatron. He is a teacher and does not make the bulk of his money from youtube. He does videos about history, language and historical combat. However, since he has been heavily demonetized, he's basically said that he's going to have to cut back on the amount of content he makes so he can work more unless something changes with youtube.

I see absolutely no upsides to this whole demonetization thing.

So according to you anyone who is a freelance or doesn't have to work on the clock in an office or restaurant isn't part of the real world then? Better tell my former boss who runs a graphic design firm that he's not part of the real world because he works from home.

I can sorta understand when people talk about those youtubers that seemingly post random shit and get a shit ton of views and subscribers (I remember a couple of brothers(?) who recently exploded by pretty much doing jackshit, one of them specially being an obnoxious asshole yet millions of dollars in revenue [again despite his thing being pretty much being an asshole oddly enough his content was still "advertiser friendly"]).
    But there's a lot of people who really put an effort on their videos, they make scripts, they edit, they have production values and it's crap that they're not only the most popular but the ones being hit the hardest by another chapter of Youtube bending over to big corporations.

This reeks of jealousy.

hey guis its ya boi here if u luv this vid throw me a like and dont forget to donate cuz this is a real job

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Youtubing is a real job.

Also yes they are scared of losing their jobs and getting another one but not because the other ones are 'real jobs'. It's because Youtubing is something they are passionate about and enjoy and they are losing their wellbeing for reasons mostly outside of their control which is sucky no matter what job you have regardless or in particular if it is a job you are passionate about and enjoy. People have also put a lot of time, money and dedication into their channels, more-so than 75% of people do for their 'real jobs' to be frankly honest.

That's all their is too it. It's not hard to understand unless you are being purposefully ignorant.
    YouTubing isn't a job, and there is no promise to pay you off of it neither. The roads that lead up and to whatever street you decide to build on isn't especially yours nor does it have anything to do with you specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    This reeks of jealousy.
    this thread reeks of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    This reeks of jealousy.
    It reeks of an uncomfortable truth. You aren't entitled to the works of your labour when it's on the backs of someone else you've taken for free.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    this thread reeks of it.
    Why is that, because someone is pointing out that people aren't accepting that there is no value to their work, and those who have gotten the memo are slowly begun to realize that as their gravy train begins to slow to a drip?

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    YouTubing isn't a job, and there is no promise to pay you off of it neither. The roads that lead up and to whatever street you decide to build on isn't especially yours nor does it have anything to do with you specifically.
    is the music industry a real job? There's no promise for that to pay off either. What about sports?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Hollowlithic View Post
    hey guis its ya boi here if u luv this vid throw me a like and dont forget to donate cuz this is a real job
    You also forgot to plug your patreon in there. ewww

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    There's a youtuber I like called Metatron. He is a teacher and does not make the bulk of his money from youtube. He does videos about history, language and historical combat. However, since he has been heavily demonetized, he's basically said that he's going to have to cut back on the amount of content he makes so he can work more unless something changes with youtube.

I see absolutely no upsides to this whole demonetization thing.
    Here is an idea pony up the money and buy whatever patreon that he probably has going.

I see an upside, I mean personally I don't have to see as much of this inane stupid shit I used to on YouTube, since the change it's cleared up a lot of my feed, I no longer have to see Phillip Defuckheads, irrelevant click bait.

Did everyone in this thread seriously get triggered over the OP's phrasing?

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    If youtubing isn't a job neither are most content creation based like being an artist, writer, musician, self-employed decorator, carpenter, woodworker, glassblower etc. which is just false.

I'd like to know why you think it doesn't qualify as a job.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2017-09-30 at 08:29 PM.