Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Why is that, because someone is pointing out that people aren't accepting that there is no value to their work, and those who have gotten the memo are slowly begun to realize that as their gravy train begins to slow to a drip?
    A) not what's happening on YouTube, so go ahead and demonstrate to us some more how full of shit you are.
    B) doing anything that makes you money by distributing a product "is a real job", to say otherwise is exceedingly fucking stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they aren't. I mean it isn't unusual for content creators to actually have to produce something of worth that others might invest in. But up until now every YouTube content creator simply needs to come up with some bullshit meme to get popular and then suck the tit of their stupidity to a nice little paycheck.

Sometimes really doing some of the most inane to insane stupid shit imaginable. Like let see if this book will stop a 50 caliber bullet. Yeah, I am actually cool with advertisers says YEAH i am not paying for that shit.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

7+ Year Old Account
    The most questionable activity has been when content creators load up new videos into the unreleased section without any metadata. Yet YouTube's algos decide to demonetize the video ahead of time.

It's not a terrible thing though, it motivates new platforms which separate funding and content.

It also gives room for new startups to have a competitive advantage. Anybody who thinks these businesses are too big to ever compete against are wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    No. I'm talking about a job where you have to clock in at an office or restaurant and get paid a wage etc. I'm just asking. Are these youtubers worried about having to go out into the real world? I guess i dont understand.
    They're self-employed entertainers. It's as much a part of the real world as comedians and actors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    A) not what's happening on YouTube, so go ahead and demonstrate to us some more how full of shit you are.
    B) doing anything that makes you money by distributing a product "is a real job", to say otherwise is exceedingly fucking stupid.
    No it isn't and you can type however angry you want about it, and hand wave this flagrant horse shit, "You just a hata" nonsense concerning the issue. Most if not all the loud mouth losers I have seen complaining on YouTube about this shit are the same inconsiderate asshats who up until now made a pretty nice living off looking down their nose at other people all the while, making money that wasn't theirs entertaining losers who obviously can't even pony up 10$ out of their own pockets to pay for this oh so AWESOME content.

If they do, more power to them, at least none else is forced to be broadcast this shit that the vendor nor advertisers wants to pay for.

Maybe they aren't. I mean it isn't unusual for content creators to actually have to produce something of worth that others might invest in. But up until now every YouTube content creator simply needs to come up with some bullshit meme to get popular and then suck the tit of their stupidity to a nice little paycheck.

Sometimes really doing some of the most inane to insane stupid shit imaginable. Like let see if this book will stop a 50 caliber bullet. Yeah, I am actually cool with advertisers says YEAH i am not paying for that shit.
    I see. So the fact that there are some stupid channels on youtube means that the legit channels are a joke as well. Gotcha.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean its worthless.

You know what I don't like? Starbucks. It's not even a real company. It coffee is awful and I'm pretty sure they're just squatting on the property they're located at.

OR.

It is popular, provides a service OTHER people like, and they get paid for it.

People produce stuff on youtube, and get paid for it because its POPULAR. They aren't popular because lots of people don't like it but watch it anyway. Just because YOU don't like it doesn't mean it doesn't have worth to people. Obviously, if they have enough viewers to get paid, they have enough viewers to be relevant.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    I see. So the fact that there are some stupid channels on youtube means that the legit channels are a joke as well. Gotcha.
    Well not everyone is complaining I mean maybe some have actually made some decent content they are going to be alright, maybe better than alright, I mean if it's VALUABLE, right I mean those views are wanting paying patrons right?

No it isn't and you can type however angry you want about it, and hand wave this flagrant horse shit, "You just a hata" nonsense concerning the issue. Most if not all the loud mouth losers I have seen complaining on YouTube about this shit are the same inconsiderate asshats who up until now made a pretty nice living off looking down their nose at other people all the while, making money that wasn't theirs entertaining losers who obviously can't even pony up 10$ out of their own pockets to pay for this oh so AWESOME content.

If they do, more power to them, at least none else is forced to be broadcast this shit that the vendor nor advertisers wants to pay for.
    if anyone is the salt pile here, it's you, lawl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Just because you don't like it doesn't mean its worthless.
    You are right me and a few million feel the same, so why should we support a vendor or advertisers to pay money for content we don't want or like because others might have sold them we give a shit because we might have been click baited into a cheap view, legitimate or otherwise.

You know what I don't like? Starbucks. It's not even a real company. It coffee is awful and I'm pretty sure they're just squatting on the property they're located at.

OR.

It is popular, provides a service OTHER people like, and they get paid for it.
    Yeah so pay for it, don't try to convince advertisers they should pay for it, because you think I care what you drink and I am going to want a cup.

People produce stuff on youtube, and get paid for it because its POPULAR. They aren't popular because lots of people don't like it but watch it anyway. Just because YOU don't like it doesn't mean it doesn't have worth to people. Obviously, if they have enough viewers to get paid, they have enough viewers to be relevant.
    Popularity =/= value. You will learn this lesson eventually because YouTube and The advertisers more importantly got that memo.

- - - Updated - - -

hahah you can make an insult that means nothing because you have nothing to say. Great glad we cleared that up.

You disagreed with me so you're angry I guess. Then we can move on.

hahah you can make an insult that means nothing because you have nothing to say. Great glad we cleared that up.

You disagreed with me so you're angry I guess. Then we can move on.
    all your posts so far are you moaning about how YT content creators are more fun and entertaining than you are.

here, have this empty wine glass, fart into it, take a big whiff, and tell me how great it smells. there's some content you and the other pretentious fucks can enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are right me and a few million feel the same, so why should we support a vendor or advertisers to pay money for content we don't want or like because others might have sold them we give a shit because we might have been click baited into a cheap view, legitimate or otherwise.
    If you don't like something you don't have to support it. I'm not sure what you're getting at here. You act like you're forced to watch an entire video even if you don't like it.

Yeah so pay for it, don't try to convince advertisers they should pay for it, because you think I care what you drink and I am going to want a cup.
    That's the entire point of ADVERTISING. They want people who don't do a thing, to do that thing. So they pay people who produce a thing you do want (the video) and you pay with getting advertised to. Of course, the patreon system cuts all that out, which is also fine. But it also cuts out a chunk of people who want something but can't pay for it.

Popularity =/= value. You will learn this lesson eventually because YouTube and The advertisers more importantly got that memo.
    Popularity is definitely value when it comes to this. If anything, it's a core concept.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    It reeks of an uncomfortable truth. You aren't entitled to the works of your labour when it's on the backs of someone else you've taken for free.
    You don't like having your opinion challenged do you?
    #boycottchina

Can you show us where mean YT touched you?

So i've been getting a lot of vids in my youtube feed about people getting demonetized. My question is, what will these youtubers do now? Will they have to go out into the real world and get a job or am I not understanding what's going on?
    What real world do you speak of exactly? They create content, and get paid based on viewership almost entirely based on advertising dollars. If you don't believe that the 'real world' garners a significant amount of money from exactly this, perhaps you need to go out in it first

- - - Updated - - -

It reeks of an uncomfortable truth. You aren't entitled to the works of your labour when it's on the backs of someone else you've taken for free.
    The entire stock market would like a word with you.

So, the only reason you would use a product is because of where they advertise? And what about that other few million who give a shit about that content? Do they don't matter? Only the ones that agree with you matter?

You're delusional if you think an advertiser places an add on anything because of its quality. The super bowl ads don't cost and absurd about of money because its good*, but because the reach the event has. For an advertiser is worthless if a show/video/whatever is the best thing ever if no one sees it.

*Not saying that is bad either the point is not about the quality of the event, but about the amount of money it costs to place an add during it.

I must ask if some of the bigger cashcows have being hit by demonetization. I know pewdiepie has, but I feel that's entirely a different can of worms due to the different controversies he's caused (not to mention that despite this I don't know how hard has he been hit). Most of the times I see demonetization is people who put effort into it (some might put more effort than others), while the ones that do retarded shit and get millions of views (and ad money) seem to be doing ok. So I wonder if its another case of Youtube also applying the rules selectively so it seems like they're doing something while at the same time keeping the bigger cashcows going.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wish he'd just got to bed rather than drunk troll us with his "wisdom" .....

"making money that wasn't theirs entertaining losers" That's some solid entitlement and privilege combined with showing his level of understanding of how the world works lol

I don't agree with a lot of the rules YT have with handling content. They just want to single out easy impressionable youths to blast them with ads /puke
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2017-09-30 at 09:11 PM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

No. I'm talking about a job where you have to clock in at an office or restaurant and get paid a wage etc. I'm just asking. Are these youtubers worried about having to go out into the real world? I guess i dont understand.
    they are putting in most of the times more time doing youtube videos than a normal 9-5 job, i know this might shock you but they count as legit jobs. That is the real world. Just becuase they are not working manual labor or in a office doesnt mean they arnt in the real world.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    If youtubing isn't a job neither are most content creation based like being an artist, writer, musician, self-employed decorator, carpenter, woodworker, glassblower etc. which is just false.

I'd like to know why you think it doesn't qualify as a job.
    Those things require skill and training unlike vlogging, being bad at games and streaming them, fake prank videos, click bait videos, top 10 videos etc.

Gravy train coming to an end. People are worried.

Same story, different industry is all.