Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espo View Post
    Dunno, that didn't look like a racing line to me. Looked like he was trying to pick up rubber (completely normal & valid), but didn't check his mirrors.
    Over here they showed some other footage on TV and compared it with the race. Yes in this video it looks like he suddenly steers to the right but that is basically what everybody does in that turn. But I'll let Charlie Whiting figure it out, he's a capable guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    https://streamable.com/iso1n

I'm starting to like Alonso a lot recently.

https://www.facebook.com/Formula1/vi...1267996696850/

Another driver briefing video if anyone likes that sort of thing.
    Good point brought up by Hamilton, who's going to pay for that Grosjean crash?

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Over here they showed some other footage on TV and compared it with the race. Yes in this video it looks like he suddenly steers to the right but that is basically what everybody does in that turn. But I'll let Charlie Whiting figure it out, he's a capable guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Good point brought up by Hamilton, who's going to pay for that Grosjean crash?
    Haas will build a car and make Ferrari pay for it!

https://www.facebook.com/Formula1/vi...1267996696850/

Another driver briefing video if anyone likes that sort of thing.
    This was really very cool. I am impressed Lewis did actually ask the question about footing the Haas bill. Interesting to see the drivers in this kinda thing too, look forward to seeing more of it!

Deleted
    Yeah don't think hitching a ride should be cause of concern.. if anything, it should be removal of the steering wheel and a replacement gearbox if he needs one.

On a whole, VES had a good race - was actually good to see Lewis not defending that move hard taking the smart approach (even though the Mercs have been pretty bad all weekend and derating in the race). VET had a good race, expected him to get between 4-6 by end of the race to be honest, the other cars really aren't that great.

34pts between the two leading cars - with 5 races to go. Anyone have an idea which tracks suit the Reds and which suits the Silvers?

15+ Year Old Account
    This clearly shows that while stroll was slowly driving he just kept on going straight in a corner when vettel came alongside of him so he prob didnt check his mirror, just because its an outlap that doesnt mean you should ignore traffic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO6T...youtu.be&t=19s

Now you get the "if" game if Stroll followed the corner, if Vettel didnt go so close to Stroll, ect ect.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2017-10-01 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by notebookonmydesk View Post
    Yeah don't think hitching a ride should be cause of concern.. if anything, it should be removal of the steering wheel and a replacement gearbox if he needs one.

On a whole, VES had a good race - was actually good to see Lewis not defending that move hard taking the smart approach (even though the Mercs have been pretty bad all weekend and derating in the race). VET had a good race, expected him to get between 4-6 by end of the race to be honest, the other cars really aren't that great.

34pts between the two leading cars - with 5 races to go. Anyone have an idea which tracks suit the Reds and which suits the Silvers?
    Agree with all of the above. Smart move by Lewis, knowing he has no threat from Seb. It would have been pointless anyway, because Max was far faster than him. Was nice to see his car hold up for once. The only person who would have beat him yesterday was Seb (if he had a car over the weekend).

To answer your question on the tracks: This feels tough this season. Especially with the introduction of each constructors final development packages. I wouldn't have expected Lewis to struggle as much as he did yesterday, or for Ferrari to even compete at Spa. I think Mercedes still has the best car, overall, but the gap is closing and it's becoming more difficult to predict other than the obvious--high speed = Mercedes, high aero = Ferrari, In between = who the hell knows.

Japan: Ferrari-Seb's favorite track + high aero. He's exceptional here (but he also is in Singapore, so, yea, hah).
    USA: Kind of a wash, but probably Mercedes. Lewis is very good here.
    Mexico: Mercedes
    Brazil: Feels like a bit of a wash, but I'm going to lean on Ferrari.
    Abu Dhabi: Ferrari--tight, technical, suits high aero. For what it's worth, both Lewis and Seb are very good here.

Of course, don't count out the Red Bulls, especially at Japan and Abu Dhabi. Max is nasty when he stays in control and his car doesn't fail him.

It's a pretty balanced last 5 races, really. I'd only expect Seb to easily walk away with Suzuka and Abu Dhabi. He has an uphill battle ahead of him. I'm of the opinion that he needs a DNF from Lewis or it's over.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Awesome race by Vettel, shame for him he didn't finish 3rd, would be well deserved. I think the cooldown lap was indeed his fault steering way too soon into that turn. And yes you have to leave the steering wheel in the car.
    About Vettel getting a lift from the Sauber. What the hell is wrong with that? On the other hand, I can imagine if it was Palmer offering a lift, Vettel would say Nah mate, I rather walk.
    About Palmer, how is this guy still in F1? What a series of ridiculous decisions and actions by the guy.
    I don't think Mercedes is going to be happy about Bottas. They wanted a second driver but not one that can't keep a decent race pace.

And what the hell happened to Red Bull. Their race pace was phenomenal, all weekend long.
    And last but not least congrats to Max, well deserved after a season full of bad luck and bad decisions.
    I'm assuming with a hot track like Malaysia, their car was more suited to keep going flat out, I'm assuming the mercs were at some kinda limit as both drivers couldn't match the red bulls.

Malaysia not surprising, Mercedes has had an issue with tyres on hot track temperatures since they joined the sport in 2010. I think it was 2013 where they were popping out pole positions for fun and then completely useless in most of the races? If they had fixed that issue in 2013 they woulda had a real chance at the championship. They got over that issue mostly since 2014 and their engine has carried them the rest of the way but it has still cropped up in the same fashion in the occassional hot race, the tyres are fine for qualifying because it's just 1 lap, but they overheat and lose grip massively over longer runs, and for sure we saw that with Bottas and Hamilton to a lesser extent.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

15+ Year Old Account
    Always when i watch Ricciardo give an interview i smile hes so down to earth compared to the most drivers.

Im kinda sad of what could have been if Vettel didnt screw up in singapore and ran into trouble in malaysia it could have been such an interesting championship and i dont expect Vettel to get back on Lewis's tail point wise as hes gonna play it cool and control his points even if it means he wont win the race, Susuka is gonna be intertesting tho.

15+ Year Old Account
    How much bad luck can a driver have lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    How much bad luck can a driver have lol
    I guess the Ferrari sandwich turned Verstappen's bad luck into a red car one.

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone doubted it, today Bottas showed he is the number 2 driver

As a Ferrari fan this is just depressing to watch. 3 races in a row where 2 were retirements and 1 where he had to climb from the back.

Saw it on a friends TV on Sky and was just annoyed. So basically if Vettel scores a 6th or lower in the US then it's Hamiltons. Guess I can pray for a miracle to happen to Hamiltons car mechanically but that Merc is bloody reliable.

As much as I want Lewis to win, I still would like him to win it via racing on track. Can't deny he is getting some huge luck this year especially Vettel dropping out on tracks that the Mercs dont seem super strong on.

As a Ferrari fan this is just depressing to watch. 3 races in a row where 2 were retirements and 1 where he had to climb from the back.

Saw it on a friends TV on Sky and was just annoyed. So basically if Vettel scores a 6th or lower in the US then it's Hamiltons. Guess I can pray for a miracle to happen to Hamiltons car mechanically but that Merc is bloody reliable.
    And even if he doesn't win it in Texas, as long as Hamilton doesn't retire then he should win it in Mexico.

Only real battle left is for 2nd place between Bottas and Vettel, constructors and drivers championship are over. Shame really, was hoping it would be a much more exciting end than this, chances of Hamilton retiring and Vettel winning the next 2 races are pretty slim.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

What an interesting qualifying. Looking forward to seeing Lewis and Seb battle it out in the front row tomorrow! And what a great performance from Carlos!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Ye but sadly the championship is done, on to next season it is!

Deleted
    Haha I think 5 sec penalty for Vestappen? C4 cut-off split sec after warning. RAI on podium?

Deleted
    what a pass from max!! serves ferrari right for team orders.
    5 second penalty is bullshit politics.

5th or better next race for lewis & he's a 4 times world champion...go on my son!!!
    Last edited by mmoc4e24d898ce; 2017-10-22 at 08:49 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh cmon im not a Max verstappen fan but he took that spot with real racing and deserved that spot.