Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb Which Race/Class combo SHOULDN'T exist

Imo Tauren Paladin was a big screw up
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Deleted
    yep, it was. end of discussion

Dwarf Shaman Big Mistake

Gnome warriors are idiotic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tauren Paladin and Priest

Deleted
    I take we only mention the existing ones?
    Goblin Shaman for sure.

Night Elf Mage, not sure why, but as soon as it came out, I hated it with a passion.

There never should have been restrictions in the first place. You don't tell people in D&D "you can't make a Halfling Druid!" If someone wants to be a Vampire Cleric, or a Half-Orc/Shark Minstrel-Wizard, you *encourage* it.

That said, if I ever thought any combo choices were weird, it was the choice of Human Warlocks over Night Elf Warlocks. All you see in the Night Elf starting experience is demon corruption everywhere. Meanwhile all across Elwynn, Westfall, or Redridge you get like... one dude in a mage tower. So like, all of War of the Ancients, and then Humans, having the "Perception" racial... on top of having a huge Mage Tower. All of them training and teaching "Detect Magic" all day, and yet, Warlocks just going on living all fine and dandy under a bar completely invisible. Like, yeah, okay.

The only ones that shouldn't exist are the ones that don't make sense for practical reasons e.g. Gnome Warriors or Tauren Rogues. Class/race combos that break lore due to starter zones shouldn't matter because a) lol lore, and b) half the DK races are horrifically lore-breaking already.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Night Elf Mage, not sure why, but as soon as it came out, I hated it with a passion.
    Interesting, seeing as they were the original practitioners of arcane magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    Tauren Paladin and Priest makes more sense than Human Paladin and Priest, since Tauren were worshipping the sun before most other races.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    Interesting, seeing as they were the original practitioners of arcane magic.
    I'm sure technically it makes sense, but it just doesn't look right to me.

Goblin shaman. They're my favorite race, but goddamn if that class makes a single iota of sense for them. At least for priests, they manage to play up the whole 'pray for pay' angle.

Goblin Shaman is the only existing combination I disagree with.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen View Post
    Goblin Shaman is the only existing combination I disagree with.
    How so?

Goblins made a deal with the Elements so they serve them. It's what Goblins do after all. Negotiate and Trade. Oh and Laundry.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Shaman_races#Goblin_shaman

Pretty decent explanation as to why they can be if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Selky View Post
    The only ones that shouldn't exist are the ones that don't make sense for practical reasons e.g. Gnome Warriors or Tauren Rogues. Class/race combos that break lore due to starter zones shouldn't matter because a) lol lore, and b) half the DK races are horrifically lore-breaking already.
    Dude tauren rogues sneaking around could be awesome. Just give them socks and it works.

5+ Year Old Account
    ^ this

x1000000000000000000000

https://wow.gamepedia.com/An%27she

Hence why we have Tauren Priests and Paladins.

gnome anything melee just don't look right. tho i cant say much i want orc druid (pack form) seeing how orcs can control bloodlust + close relationship with wolves.

i know i know will never happen

tauren paladin, worgen death knight and gobbo shaman

these feel off to me.