Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I try to post on a wide array of topics but sadly some get closed.

- - - Updated - - -

Show me where I fat shamed. Fighting for what's right isn't fat shaming bud.
    Fat shaming IS fat shaming though. Why not be civil to people who struggle with health issues, instead of making fun of them, and attacking them? Why not be decent, instead?

http://www.webmd.com/diet/obesity/ne...-for-obesity#1

http://www.webmd.com/diet/obesity/ne...-for-obesity#1

See. This is what I've been saying all along. As the expert in this article states, Obese people need our help. Sitting on the sidelines with your hands in your pockets isn't going to cut it.

Either you're doing the right thing or you're not.
    And what will people who tattoo their eyeballs cost us!?!?!???

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Fat shaming IS fat shaming though. Why not be civil to people who struggle with health issues, instead of making fun of them, and attacking them? Why not be decent, instead?
    I agree with this 100% regardless, being a dick to people just because you can be, is well, just being a dick. I am sure people who are obese got the fucking memo, just like smokers and other people who have a problem.

So yeah right on, I don't care who you are good or bad whatever, being fucking decent to people is well underrated.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    The rock is considered "obese" by the way its defined on the BMI.
    Yeah, I guess The Rock is very good representative of all obese Americans. Just look at the streets .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    Yeah, I guess The Rock is very good representative of all obese Americans. Just look at the streets .
    It's more evidence BMI is BS

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    It's not a matter of what you can and cannot buy, people just need to have some fucking self control and not eat so much more than they need... Calories in calories out, what those calories are made of isn't as important as how many of them you eat, in terms of weight loss.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no such thing as healthy obesity.
    Tell that to people with thyroid and other metabolism issues.

It isn't as simple as in/out, it never has been. Especially if you have certain forms of genetic join degradation that prevents one from doing anything too intensive.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    I'm obese and my doctor told me I'm healthy. He said I have absolutely no health issues at all, because I'm still fairly young and my body is able to deal with it. So it is possible for a person to be obese and healthy.
    No its not. Obesity and inflamation puts a strain on all your bodies systems. It rapidly ages you and weakens your heart and kidneys. Ther eis no such thing as obese and healthy. Going to a General practioner who just does a routine exam can say you are "healthy" You need a full blood work up, urinalysis etc etc
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Deleted

Cool

Of course, everyone that is considered obese is just all muscles and super healthy. Those clinicians and quacks just want to sell their quackery and make money out of the hysteria.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    There is no such thing as healthy anyhow. Everyone is dying, even some of the greatest health freaks of last generation have died at an early age because of cancer and everything else.
    Considering I've known many obese people who never had any of the diseases listed in the OP, yeah, you're right. There isn't any such thing as 'healthy'. There is an 'average health' and then there's 'healthy for you'.

There is no universal standard for health and everyone fucking knows it. It's why there isn't a single cure-all for cancer, because every body and therefor every cancer is fucking different.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    Of course, everyone that is considered obese is just all muscles and super healthy. Those clinicians and quacks just want to sell their quackery and make money out of the hysteria.
    Said nobody ever....

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    I agree with this 100% regardless, being a dick to people just because you can be, is well, just being a dick. I am sure people who are obese got the fucking memo, just like smokers and other people who have a problem.

So yeah right on, I don't care who you are good or bad whatever, being fucking decent to people is well underrated.
    Slow down with all this agreement! We usually differ so much. =p

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    No its not. Obesity and inflamation puts a strain on all your bodies systems. It rapidly ages you and weakens your heart and kidneys. Ther eis no such thing as obese and healthy. Going to a General practioner who just does a routine exam can say you are "healthy" You need a full blood work up, urinalysis etc etc
    Going to need some actual peer reviewed links on that one, as it sounds like something a jamba juice'd out health instructor tells his class after he catches someone smelling like a cheeseburger.

So what's your solution?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

For one, to get obescity under control get rid of the FDA food guidelines ( already being done as we speak) and go with the actual research on nutrition. The Low fat recommendations were pure garbage. The body needs fat. Burning carbs is a lazy and inefficient way for the body to get energy and creates obesity .. We eat far too many sugars and grains.

Deleted
    So you say that obesity and health issues are not related at all? Yeah, it sounds crazy to suggest that. Obviously obese people are the first population that comes to mind if you think about healthy, normal people.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    Going to need some actual peer reviewed links on that one, as it sounds like something a jamba juice'd out health instructor tells his class after he catches someone smelling like a cheeseburger.
    https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/317546.php
    https://www.dietdoctor.com/what-causes-obesity
    https://www.dietdoctor.com/seven-myths-about-obesity
    https://www.dietdoctor.com/the-1-cau...besity-insulin
    http://www.bbc.com/news/health-39936138
    http://www.medicaldaily.com/effects-...ody-fat-292888

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    The rock is considered "obese" by the way its defined on the BMI.
    Oh please. This argument may work for 0.1% of the world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    It's worrying when you see a title and immediately know who the OP will be
    Credit to the OP for their dedication to this issue then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    Tell that to people with thyroid and other metabolism issues.
    I have both.

It isn't as simple as in/out, it never has been.
    Yes it is, when you have a slower metabolism, you need to eat less, simple. Daily recommended values are not one size fits all, if you don't need as much food you don't need as much food. If you have excess fat, you are eating too much, period.

Especially if you have certain forms of genetic join degradation that prevents one from doing anything too intensive.
    You just need to know that when you can't or don't do physical activity you need less food, so eat less food.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-10-01 at 08:28 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    Oh please. This argument may work for 0.1% of the world.

- - - Updated - - -

Credit to the OP for their dedication to this issue then.
    My god your narcissism is nauseating...

You're not providing anything constructive whatsoever - you're just continuously telling us that water is wet and in a rather conceited way

You know what also costs society? People who have kids they can't afford.

Better ban pre marital sex.