Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    You don't think Spain is in Europe? Is this a home school thing?
    Spain is in Europe. Spain isn't Europe. Using something occuring in one European country and implying that it happens all over Europe is intellectually dishonest...and come to think of it, pretty much on par for you, isn't it.

7+ Year Old Account
    I feel really bad for those living in the EU, without basic human rights, like the right to choose your own leaders. This shocking rise in totalitarianism, among the EU nations, is difficult to watch play out.
    Today Catalonia/Spain tomorrow Bavaria/Germany. who knows where next? If you want to leave peacefully better to get out now.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Today Catalonia/Spain tomorrow Bavaria/Germany. who knows where next? If you want to leave peacefully better to get out now.
    ... except Catalans don't want to leave EU. Much like Scotland, right?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    ... except Catalans don't want to leave EU. Much like Scotland, right?
    Catalan independence from Spain by default will mean leaving the EU. You think our trade negotiators aren't ready with a trade deal hot off the press?

British democracy = peaceful Scottish independence referendum. European democracy = no referendum allowed and 1000's of pensioners battered and bloodied.
    Last edited by dribbles; 2017-10-01 at 08:42 PM.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    I feel really bad for those living in the EU, without basic human rights, like the right to choose your own leaders. This shocking rise in totalitarianism, among the EU nations, is difficult to watch play out.
    God, please go educate yourself. Or actually visit.

- - - Updated - - -

It's commonplace for police to storm in and ban votes from happening? Really? This is common?
    Not that per se, but things of a similar caliber. The riots in Greece and London that occurred in the last 10 years were far worse than whatever happened today.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    God, please go educate yourself. Or actually visit.

- - - Updated - - -

Not that per se, but things of a similar caliber. The riots in Greece and London that occurred in the last 10 years were far worse than whatever happened today.
    Been there a few times, brah.

Riots pale in comparison to seriousness of police storming in and shutting down a democratic vote. I can't imagine living somewhere where that even COULD happen.

Deleted
    Catalan independence from Spain by default will mean leaving the EU. You think our trade negotiators aren't ready with a trade deal hot off the press?
    Yep, just like Scotland.

British democracy = peaceful Scottish independence referendum. European democracy = no referendum allowed and 1000's of pensioners battered and bloodied.
    Another one mixing up Spain with the entire EU. Quite sad, don't you think?

We just had local elections in Portugal today, no problems at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Riots pale in comparison to seriousness of police storming in and shutting down a democratic vote. I can't imagine living somewhere where that even COULD happen.
    Both Rajoy and Puigdemont should resign because of the today's events.

Quote Originally Posted by Zecora View Post
    Spain is in Europe. Spain isn't Europe. Using something occuring in one European country and implying that it happens all over Europe is intellectually dishonest...and come to think of it, pretty much on par for you, isn't it.
    Wow, I never met a geography denier before. Why pretend that Spain is not in the EU? That's just bizarre.

7+ Year Old Account

Spain is a constituent of the EU, therefore its values are European values, its law bullyboy pensioner battering law enforcement officers are European. Spain and the EU are as one. No mixing up required, that cocktail comes from Brussels, they fund the Spanish police after all.

Well done on the local elections tho, hardly significant in comparison to an independence referendum.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    virtually every war in human history has also been about resources. so theres that.

and of course it wont magically disappear, it will be a very slow gradual process, the actual borders might even remain for cultural/historical reasons, they will just stop to mean anything politically
    It's a ridiculous notion, that you should abandon defending. What you are engaging in, is Sociology denial. You are denying the fact that in every year of human existence, we have greatly disagreed on what laws and culture we want. You make no case for why this phenomena, that literally defines us as humans, would cease to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, I never met a geography denier before. Why pretend that Spain is not in the EU? That's just bizarre.
    And that is not remotely what i said. Is US schools really so bad that you don't even learn to read a simple sentence these days?

infracted - trolling

Deleted
    Spain is a constituent of the EU, therefore its values are European values, its law bullyboy pensioner battering law enforcement officers are European. Spain and the EU are as one. No mixing up required, that cocktail comes from Brussels, they fund the Spanish police after all.
    Intellectual dishonesty, the post.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997_n...rthern_Ireland
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2017-10-01 at 09:06 PM.

Yep, just like Scotland.

- - - Updated - - -

Both Rajoy and Puigdemont should resign because of the today's events.
    Spaniards should get a rope and find a tree. These leaders are not even worthy of a criminal trial.

- - - Updated - - -

And that is not remotely what i said. Is US schools really so bad that you don't even learn to read a simple sentence these days?
    They are pretty bad. However, they do teach and grammar and sentence structure. Based on your comments here, that isn't going on where you live.

infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-10-01 at 09:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are pretty bad. However, they do teach and grammar and sentence structure. Based on your comments here, that isn't going on where you live.
    I'll take geographical knowledge and intellectual honesty over that any day. I don't expect you to know anything about either though.

I'll take geographical knowledge and intellectual honesty over that any day. I don't expect you to know anything about either though.
    I just thought it was amusing that you tried to take a swipe at my education, and then couldn't even get your grammar straight while doing so. Something something glass houses and stones or something.

Also, the salt...it's epic. FEED ME MORE!

10+ Year Old Account
    I just thought it was amusing that you tried to take a swipe at my education, and then couldn't even get your grammar straight while doing so. Something something glass houses and stones or something.

Also, the salt...it's epic. FEED ME MORE!
    Ah, you are funny. Sad, ignorant and pitiful, but funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    He just admitted he's a troll. Well, at least now I know never to reply to him again.

Anyways. Does anyone know if the votes are actually gonna be counted? I mean, what's gonna happen now, concerning that referendum?

Deleted
    He just admitted he's a troll. Well, at least now I know never to reply to him again.

Anyways. Does anyone know if the votes are actually gonna be counted? I mean, what's gonna happen now, concerning that referendum?
    Puigdemont will move to declare the independence unilaterally. Honestly, the King of Spain needs to intervene, Rajoy acted badly and lost the control.

Deleted

To be honest I don´t know what country could validate and recognice the counting. Part of the votes have been taken by the police, this morning a universal census was declared so the mess at hand is huge, some people have voted more than once, twice or even more times, in some places delegates just put the ballot box in the middle of the street and people started to pour votes, (No joking, I´ve actually seen that by myself) at the electoral table the ID´s weren´t even properly cheked and, according to the police, they cannot compare with the state´s census and the only thing they have are list that have been written in paper to verify duplications and null votes (wich, to be honest, is a task that would require days of work and a lot of people).

All this without including that the counting is being done by separatist only and the part of the catalan goverment that thinks otherwise was excluded long ago this past months, so the about 40 % of the catalan goverment is not represented or doing anything or collaborating in anyway.

Either way, carles puigdemont has already declared this night that soon the procees of independece is going to move foward and that if the result was yes (by simple mayority) they´ll turn independent and if not there will be a reelection.

Been there a few times, brah.

It's not democratic. It's antidemocratic, unconstitutional even. Would you consider a vote among blacks to expel all whites from the US "democratic" or something? There isn't even a debate. It's illegal. Period. Police violence has gone to far, but that is another topic.