Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Red face Crying mayor not attending FEMA meetings, fellow PR mayor complains

Oh my this mayor even brought up the problems of the fiscal crisis which happened on the previous presidents watch for not having supplies preplaced.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/30/ex...-any-meetings/
    EXCLUSIVE: Fellow Puerto Rico Mayor Rips San Juan Mayor — ‘She’s Not Participating In Any Meetings’

The mayor of Guaynabo, Puerto Rico cast serious doubt Saturday on the claims made by San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulin Cruz, who has repeatedly attacked President Trump and accused him of abandoning Puerto Rico in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria.

Guaynabo’s mayor, Angel Perez, said in an interview with The Daily Caller that his experience with the federal government has been different from Cruz’s, in part because — unlike Cruz — he has been participating in meetings with officials from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and other federal agencies.

Cruz has repeatedly accused Trump and the federal government of abandoning Puerto Rico. She demanded in a press conference on Friday that Trump do more to help the island, adding that “we are going to see is something close to a genocide” if more is not done. (RELATED: Trump Takes On San Juan Mayor For ‘Nasty’ Criticism Of Puerto Rico Response)

Mayor Perez told TheDC that the story Cruz is telling the media doesn’t mesh with what he has seen from the federal government.

“My experience is different. I have been participating in different meetings at the headquarters of FEMA and our government and the help is coming in and right now my experience is different from hers. I’m receiving help from the government, we are receiving assistance from FEMA, I got people over here helping us with applications for the people that have damage in their houses. And we have here in Guaynabo, we have thousands of people that lost partially or totally their houses,” said Perez, who is a member of Puerto Rico’s New Progressive Party.

Perez’s comments echoed what FEMA administrator Brock Long said on Saturday. Long defended Trump’s tweets blasting Cruz and indicated that Cruz has failed to connect with the FEMA command center set up on the island to help with the relief effort.

When asked about Cruz’s “genocide” statement, Perez said, “I don’t know why she is saying that. What I can tell you is my experience. She is not participating in any meetings and we had a couple already with the governors and with representation of FEMA and of HUD, of these whole federal agencies that have given us help and she’s not participating in those meetings and some mayors from her political party have been participating, so I don’t know why she is saying that. My experience is very different.” (RELATED: San Juan Mayor Praised Convicted FALN Terrorist)

In his interview with TheDC, Perez stressed that Puerto Rico’s fiscal crisis has left the island largely unable to solve its own problems.

“Remember that before this hurricane we had a fiscal crisis
    and so there is not enough opportunity for us or for the municipalities. It is less because we can’t take a loan or something or some bonds, we can’t because of our fiscal crisis so we need a lot of help from the federal government,” Perez said.
    People are unused to truth.
    People follow consistent truth.
    Respect the power and impact of truth.
    Men who speak truth drive value.

Speaking of whining Mayor...

Lets look at San Juan Mayor whine about no aid... While standing in front of pallets full of aid... Oops

Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post

Lets look at San Juan Mayor whine about no aid... While standing in front of pallets full of aid... Oops

Palates guys! Three or four palates! Enough to feed everyone in the city.

Or maybe she have the classical problem of not being able to DELIVER that aid ?

As other people said, despite all the hatred the usual suspects are told by their sites to have for Puerto-Ricans, you can't fracking feed a 400 000 city with three pallets of cans of beans. (what seems to be GOVA product line)
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2017-10-01 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    I'm not sure I understand the point of this article.

Do you have to attend FEMA meetings to not wade through sewage that fills the street to get people to safety?

If so, I think I'd prefer a mayor be doing the later than the former. What is a meeting going to do to help the people who are currently in danger?
    If she knows where the people are that are currently in danger she could tell the people at headquarters where they are to organize rescue. Command and control is HUGE in things like this. She should be in a central hub with as much information and different agencies as possible to facilitate the most efficient use of the aid that is available.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Or maybe she have the classical problem of not being able to DELIVER that aid ?

As other people said, despite all the hatred the usual suspects are told by their sites to have for Puerto-Ricans, you can't fracking feed a 400 000 city with three pallets of cans of beans. (what seems to be GOVA product line)
    or it could be the other usual suspects are and have been grasping for anything they can to discredit "EBIL NATZY TRUMP"
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    1.)

Pallet- A portable platform used for storing or moving cargo or freight.
    Palate- The roof of the mouth, separating the cavities of the nose and the mouth in vertebrates.

2.)

The aid is already there, enough to feed everyone in the city. The problem is that it's trapped in thousands of shipping containers and they're having problems getting it out due to dmg to the ports and less than 20% of the truck drivers have reported in to work after the disaster
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/27/us/pue...lem/index.html

Every major federal relieve group is out in PR and Trump waived the Jones Act days ago which will allow further aid to reach PR. Please, do some research on your own and stop blindly falling for MSM indoctrination. It's an insult to those who are out there busting their asses to help Puerto Ricans in need

10+ Year Old Account
    funny thing is all the other mayors and the governor (that are not far left terrorist supporters) say Trump and the US are doing the best job possible.
    I hate America
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post

There might be more to this supply problem. People are starting to call into the U.S. about aid not reaching populated areas and almost 10k containers just sitting in the port.

To add to this I have seen where they're having a problem with a lot of the main roads being washed out but whayever the case something needs to be done if there is in fact a breakdown in the chain.
    Last edited by Antius; 2017-10-01 at 11:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post

a little more then three pallets
    I hate America

Okay, so you think the mayor who took this picture in front of cans is not aware of the problem ?

FTR, ''the cans are in the port, but not in the hand of the citizens'' IS the fracking issue. I sure hope the US navy can move to it's own naval bases a few tons of beans.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    The guy on the right is a now a (Far Left Terrorist Supporter).

I'm having a difficult time counting the stars on his Black Beret that is clearly inspired by Al Qaeda. How many do you see?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not surprising, seems a lot of these types will use anything to attack Trump just to maintain the daily outrage even when it seems to consistently end up getting called out a week or so later as bullshit.

pretty on par.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Not surprising, seems a lot of these types will use anything to attack Trump just to maintain the daily outrage even when it seems to consistently end up getting called out a week or so later as bullshit.

pretty on par.
    As opposed as blaming Obama for the sun rising...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post

pretty on par.
    Well I mean when Trump does things that embarrass the nation on a daily basis, you'd better step up your "weekly callout" of what you think the "not fake-news" version of each story is.

Which sports franchise do you think he's going to have a bitch fit about next?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    never heard anyone say that but either way the usual suspect complained about Obama be blamed for everything and are now blaming trump for everything so congrats, I guess, on becoming the d-bags your kind complained about for the last 8 years
    I hate America

Yep, those who are trying to use anything to attack trump are no better than the ones they criticized for doing the same to obama. Just the other side of the horseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    or it could be the other usual suspects are and have been grasping for anything they can to discredit "EBIL NATZY TRUMP"
    You mean like how the usual suspects went as far as criticizing and demonizing the mustard flavor choice of our previous commander in chief, I consider anything Trump does fair game.

And there is a lot more that Trump has done that is measurably more discrediting than Obama, and that's comparing an 8 year to 8 month tenure.
    I mean, I hate to say it. But when you apply conservative logic to Trump, he should have never got the job.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    You mean like how the usual suspects went as far as criticizing and demonizing the mustard flavor choice of our previous commander in chief, I consider anything Trump does fair game.

And there is a lot more that Trump has done that is measurably more discrediting than Obama, and that's comparing an 8 year to 8 month tenure.
    I mean, I hate to say it. But when you apply conservative logic to Trump, he should have never got the job.
    yup "when they go low we go high". like I said a couple post up, congrats
    I hate America

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    I'm not sure I understand the point of this article.

Do you have to attend FEMA meetings to not wade through sewage that fills the street to get people to safety?

If so, I think I'd prefer a mayor be doing the later than the former. What is a meeting going to do to help the people who are currently in danger?

Stuff has to be organized. If people need help, working with the people trying to provide help is important.