Quote Originally Posted by Siraeyou View Post
    There was also some post earlier on in the thread that said Antifa was taking credit for it, which is also most likely false.
    Already? Boy those troll farms work quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Isis have already claimed responsibility for the massacre.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7978941.html
    Seems unlikely but time will tell.
    Those degenerates would claim to be behind anything that involved someone dying in the West. If they could, they'd claim all genuine accidents to behind that too... all in the name of instilling "fear" and raising bigotry towards Muslims, which in turn would increase their recruitment.

only a criminal network could supply automatic weapons to someone not authorized to purchase legally.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    The problem is, there are too many firearms already out there to expect any realistic chance of enforcing it. With cars, we started doing that relatively early. But I do agree the punishment for committing crimes with firearms is too low. A safety test/course is a great idea when you purchase a firearm and so is licensing it at the time you buy one. Also no firearms should be allowed to be sold without a seller's license. But even that last idea, will be very hard to enforce.
    Issue the licenses for gun ownership, let people know there will be fines and penalties for having firearms without a license. Most people will get licenses.

The holdouts, when caught will be fined and their guns seized.

Overtime the vast majority of people will become licensed.

And it doesn't all have to be negative, if you're licensed you can buy a gun on the spot.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    If a car hits you moving 75mph or 90mph it's not going to make much of a difference.
    tell that to canadian police who go getting into knife fights after this type of impact

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    Private citizens with assualt weapons. I'm fucking speachless. Why do people want a society like that.
    Couple things here,

1) Whats an assault weapon? I think you mean automatic, belt fed machine gun
    2) These are already illegal to private citizens, so i'm not sure what you're getting at
    3) A weapon system like this was 100% purchased illegally
    4) People who want these types of weapon systems are such a small minority, dont conflate people who want hunting rifles and hand guns in with them

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    Private citizens with assualt weapons. I'm fucking speachless. Why do people want a society like that.
    He was not using a standard assault weapon available to the general public such as the AR-15. It was ether a fully auto machine gun or a assault weapon modified illegally somehow.
    And besides, it is people with handguns which kill the most people each year in the US with firearms. By far.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Maybe he had no motive besides he just enjoyed the idea of killing people.
    "Fuck these people in particular for no particular reason!"

Quote Originally Posted by Thieves cant View Post
    useful ideas please
    We had the biggest gun massacre in our nation's history in 1996, the conservative government passed sweeping gun control laws and initiated a massive buyback and destruction program. We haven't had one since.

But I'm sure it can't work in the US because <insert excuses here>.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Isis have already claimed responsibility for the massacre.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7978941.html
    Seems unlikely but time will tell.
    Wonder ISIS didn't claim Harvey and Irma.

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    Firstly, i do not think that everyone is out to get me, that is what i mean with the whole feeling like you need a weapon that is a big part of the problem.
    Secondly, what you are describing is an arms race, and no one but the arms manufacturer really wins in this situation. In countries like Germany or Belgium or the Netherlands they decided really not to play this game, and it worked out great. If you do not arm the woman or the teenager then their muggers or whatever won't feel the need to arm themselves as well.
    Lastly, gun control isn't as much for solving all gun crime or related crimes that go with it, its about harm reduction. Sure people still get mugged here, and sometimes even get hurt by the mugger. But they do not get shot over 10 bucks, and stabbing someone just isn't the same as shooting someone. It takes more effort and you have a good chance running away from it, that is not so much an option when guns are in play.
    I also do not feel like the world is out to get me. I don't need guns, I want them.

I'm fine with an arms race, if that's what an individual consumer wants.

In the end, the issue is societal security versus individual freedom. I fully recognize that society would almost certainly be safer with less guns, and heavier gun restrictions. I have merely opted to support freedom over security.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    He was not using a standard assault weapon available to the general public such as the AR-15. It was ether a fully auto machine gun or a assault weapon modified illegally somehow.
    And besides, it is people with handguns which kill the most people each year in the US with firearms. By far.
    You're conflating two separate but related issues. Handguns make up the majority of US gun homicides, but it's mostly larger guns that are used in mass shootings which are a distinct phenomenon. Nowhere near as common as regular gun violence they nevertheless result in drastically larger casualties.

You need to deal with BOTH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Issue the licenses for gun ownership, let people know there will be fines and penalties for having firearms without a license. Most people will get licenses.

The holdouts, when caught will be fined and their guns seized.

Overtime the vast majority of people will become licensed.
    Too simple sounding. And there would be millions which would never become licensed simply because people do not trust the government. In the 1930's the FBI proposed a mandatory registration of all firearms in the US owned by the citizens. They dropped that and said it was because it was not realistically enforceable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I have merely opted to support freedom over security.
    Bullshit. Completely bullshit.

You've adopted to support the complete and utter destruction of society as we know it, over a functional and developing society that restricts and regulates dangerous things.
    Eat yo vegetables

this is america and if you happen to know anything about someone doing something like this you SAY something to someone who can deal with the problem. none of you knew this person or the intent that only jesus could tell from the shadows of his soul. that shooter is stupid why not kill antifa or democratics like hillary and bill and stupid fucked leftist.

infracted - forbidden topics
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-10-02 at 02:34 PM.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

I also do not feel like the world is out to get me. I don't need guns, I want them.

In the end, the issue is societal security versus individual freedom. I fully recognize that society would almost certainly be safer with less guns, and heavier gun restrictions. I have merely opted to support freedom over security.
    While I disagree with your conclusions, at least you are forthright about that and you aren't trying to concoct a bullshit have-your-cake-and-eat-it-too argument that lax gun control does not contribute to the distinct US problems with gun violence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We had the biggest gun massacre in our nation's history in 1996, the conservative government passed sweeping gun control laws and initiated a massive buyback and destruction program. We haven't had one since.

But I'm sure it can't work in the US because <insert excuses here>.
    There you go again, trying to compare Australia with the US. Sorry, but that is just silly. Too many factors involved to even compare the chances of such happening here.

Deleted

And that is a problem, you recognize that society would be safer/better without them, but you value your own wants over the safety of your fellow citizens.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Wonder ISIS didn't claim Harvey and Irma.
    Wait, they didn't?

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thieves cant View Post
    only a criminal network could supply automatic weapons to someone not authorized to purchase legally.
    Exactly, this weapon system isnt something you can buy down at the neighborhood store... this is from an arms dealer