Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well this ending will keep us on our toes. So many questions:
    *Is beth real? (since rick wont tell that to clone)
    *Is jerry actuly a clone and real one is hidden somewhere on asteroid since rick hates him?
    *Is the Morty real one or is the real morty stuck as president of rick and morty land? (in one ep they could easy switch when rick was distracted)

I got a felling we will see family stuck in virtual reality in next season.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Well this ending will keep us on our toes. So many questions:
    *Is beth real? (since rick wont tell that to clone)
    *Is jerry actuly a clone and real one is hidden somewhere on asteroid since rick hates him?
    *Is the Morty real one or is the real morty stuck as president of rick and morty land? (in one ep they could easy switch when rick was distracted)

I got a felling we will see family stuck in virtual reality in next season.
    For the entire season? Doubt it.

I've said this a few times, but I think this was without a doubt the best season so far.

I thought we'd have the face-off against President Morty, but I guess that's for another time.

The Beth clone thing came up quicker than I expected.

The Mr. Poopybutthole teaser seems to indicate we'll get season four at Christmas 2018, or maybe we'll get some Christmas special this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    Not to mention they seem to have given up on fostering suspension of disbelief. Let me grab this pink chalk that I draw on the wall to fairy land. I'm smart, don't worry about how it works.
    When has it not been like this? He built a freaking themepark in a human.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

Deleted
    So this season huh...

Excellent first episode, and then it all went downhill with episodes 6,7 and 8 being the only ones that i would rewatch.
    Pickle rick was funny for 30 seconds when it was on my screen but the meme died quicker than the writing for any characters outside of rick and morty.
    The season finale is... well shit for a finale and alright for a regular episode.
    "The ABC's of Beth" is the first episode of Rick and Morty that i actually stopped watching half-way through, it was fucking terrible.

The character progression for rick and morty is good but for the rest of them... oh lord.
    Jerry is an annoying piece of shit (although it is by design so i dont blame the writing for that).
    Beth started out as an unlikable cunt and is now even more of an unlikable cunt.
    Summer felt like a token for "hey look womyn can have adventures too" for about half a season and then disappeared.

For me, this season is worse than season 2.

People that don't understand when the show is taking the piss out of itself need to watch Dan Harmon's Community.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Loved the episode for what it was. But i feel it would have fit in more like a mid season ep and not as the final.

15+ Year Old Account
    The cracks were forming in season 2, arguably season 1, but now you can really clearly see the wheels coming off, IMO. Just as everyone starts piling onto the bandwagon, no less.

And Dan Harmon was self-inserting like a motherfucker this season. If you've listened to even one episode of Harmontown it's super obvious, but between his divorce, Minecraft addiction and frequent autism self-diagnosis, it made the writing feel especially transparent.

The cast is becoming Flanderized. Rick went from a genius scientist who still had to run away from authorities and aliens monsters to a guy who is basically a science-god that isn't threatened by anything. The family is being played one dimensionally, and they're increasingly becoming assholes.

There were still some good episodes throughout. The Ricklantis Mixup wasn't super-original (just riffing on a bunch of other shows and movies) but it was executed really well and had a lot of great gags. The premier was good and actually dealt with some solid emotional beats.

I don't know. It just feels to me like Harmon was all over this season, whereas the first two seasons were more left up to Roiland's devices.

On the "didn't feel like a season finale" note, frankly, we have two other finales to go by, and only one of those was a big cliffhanger, which lead into the season 3 premiere, which was a lot "bigger" than any of the other two premieres.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2017-10-02 at 11:04 PM.

I think the finale kind of made sense. At Rick's level, you get bored, even with crazy wacky adventures. Hell, you see even Morty getting bored this episode. There are definite undertones throughout the series of Rick's crippling loneliness which he tries to cover up with activities and inventions, and this finale is his so-called chickens coming home to roost. The idea that his daughter and grandson can't figure out what he actually means or not, and in frustration go back to the simpleton that is Jerry is a pretty damning indictment of Rick.

It didn't feel very finale-y, but maybe that's the point.

The entire season was, as Rick said at the end of the premiere, about a Rick and Morty world where Rick was the authoritative figure of the family and universe, after getting rid of Jerry, the Galactic Federation and the Council of Ricks. He took over the family once Beth, afraid Rick would leave the family again, picked Rick over Jerry, but the whole clone thing and getting the opportunity to do what she technically wanted (be free to live her own life) made her not be afraid of that, and after Rick decided to stay after being put in a situation where it made sense for him to move reality, Beth's fear is probably dead for good.

Just had a thought,what if Beth really is a clone,but so is Rick hence his unusually passive acceptance of the situation,and the real Beth and Rick are out having a really long adventure together?
    I'm betting on that or President Morty had them cloned and replaced for some reason.

Deleted
    I find the lack of bird person disturbing.

I think Toonami just aired a Rick and Morty new parody episode for April Fools. It's OMEGALUL.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya it was 15 mins. And they showed it twice in the usual show slot for tonight.

They better not fuck with Mike Tyson Mysteries after this.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no Mike Tyson Mysteries. They're repeating this Rick and Morty episode again. Fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell yeah new Rick n Morty

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Really don't get why successful shows think it's a good idea to add new writers.

Because writing a whole season of a television show is a near-impossible endeavour?

You have forever to do the first season. You don't for the seasons after that, which is why more writers inevitably come on, and dilute the quality of the original creator, who simply cannot produce the sheer number of episodes wanted in the time allotted.

And Rick and Morty is a show which regularly takes hiatuses, which has allowed Roiland to write it himself for most of this time. It's worse on network.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems that Rick and Morty has been picked up for SEVENTY new episodes, assuming they stick to 10 per season that means we're getting at least seven more season of the show. Which would be enough to take them into syndication!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember when they preemptively ordered episodes for the The Boondocks. Ended up a creator who no longer wanted anything to do with the show and the need to put out content.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    Glad it got renewed, but seventy? that's way too many. I was hoping 20 at the minimum and 30 at most. Season 3 was already a bit weaker than the first two, so hopefully they're allowed to take their time. If they have to put out a season every year, the quality will tank post season 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Seems that Rick and Morty has been picked up for SEVENTY new episodes, assuming they stick to 10 per season that means we're getting at least seven more season of the show. Which would be enough to take them into syndication!
    So bringing them up to the nine required for the nugget sauce...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I remember when they preemptively ordered episodes for the The Boondocks. Ended up a creator who no longer wanted anything to do with the show and the need to put out content.
    Yeah that's a situation nobody wants to be in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.