Poll: Will you?

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally the new stats added I wished they were removed as rng and moved into enchants. Rings, neck, weapon enchants with leech for example. Make it so enchants aren't giving power but maybe limit avoidance? Or deactivate the enchants in pvp or what not. I love the new stats but wish their was more control, on many of my alts I get more bright eyed when I see leech than I do mastery.

Deleted
    I won't play if the AP grind stays (i might play casually for the story, but will quit after lfr), nor if the crucible stays. The legendary ststem staying is also a red flag for me.

AP and RNG legendaries and relics = no go.

Yep, I'll stay. Legendaries come fast enough that you get your first two pretty quick. I love Titanforging cause it gives me a reason to care about raiding even while on farm. RNG has always been part of the game and always will.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on where my Wheel of Warcraft lands.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Yes since the RNG of this expansion was fully known beforehand and I still played this expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ill stay play it, but if legendaries/titanforging etc keeps rolling I will have to decide btween pushing competitive or not.
    RNG, at least in raid gear is fine. You get your initial chances of gear, and then you can roll again if you got a coin.
    RNG gear outside that is out of hand.
    Just my opinion, but Ive always felt better when I know when and how can I reach my goals in WoW. Be it a rep, an achievement..
    I dont mind the grind when I know FOR SURE that at the end Ill be rewarded with what I was looking for.
    Now you grind to get a chance to roll the dice.
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to have to be so blunt about it (again) but most of these complaints come from people who just don't get it.

If you want to be competitive in this game, and you spend a competitive amount of time effectively directed at doing a selection of content, you're going to be competitive. Sure you may not have the absolute best legendary yet, and sure, some random dude in LFR may have got a better item due to TF than you have in one of your slots, but that doesn't matter nearly as much as some of you seem to think it does.

While it is certainly true that RNG and the luck you have with item drops will always have some small effect on your final performance, by far the most critical determinants of success in this game come for committment and skill.

The reason we have RNG is to ensure that progression never hits a brick wall. It is to ensure that there is always the potential of an upgrade, which means that as long as you're willing to keep putting in effort, you'll be able to keep improving your character indefinitely. It means that for a guild limited by their capability, persisting at the game will result in slowly increasing power which will eventually get them over their obstacle. RNG, essentially, facilitates steady progress without the need for nerfs and all the negatives that come with them.

The problem is that some people simply lack patience. They can't focus on the long game, and fixate on what they don't have here and now, and then overblow the impact that it is having on their ability to enjoy the game. In reality the only impediment to enjoying the game is their attitude.

Deleted
    Yes. TF/WF is a shit system, but not a dealbreaker. Whether I'll still raid Mythic content is a different question.

Unsure as of now. As I'm getting older raiding is seeming less and less like something I should be taking the time to do.

I will level to cap, finish the month of sub making as much gold as i can with alchemy, let sub run out until a couple wings of LFR available - resub for a month and get some free easy loot, maybe level an Alt with the remaining month of game time and let it run out.. come back to unlock flying for a month at some point later in expansion and let that month run out, and come back in final patch to play through LFR and fly around having fun on a main and gearing an alt in free BOA drops

its how i have played last 2 expansions, love it.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    When have legendaries ever been anything more than upgraded epics, in the same way than epics are upgraded rares. The game takes the item's item level, and uses its rarity to determine how much stats it has. That's why a green and a blue the same ilvl have different stats.
    As I said, I am not much into numbers. I was referring to how there was a very select few legendaries that dropped from very specific places with seemingly significantly lower drop rates. i.e: Warglaives of Azzinoth, Sulfuras, etc.

Three ways to earn rewards in WoW, from Vanilla through Legion and beyond: RNG, Grind, or One & Done. I feel Legion has done a fair job of combining all three, e.g., Legendaries (rng), Artifact Power (grind), and the Chromie/Mage Tower scenarios (one & done, but challenging enough to take most of us several attempts). Sure, there are things I would tweak, like making all legendary special abilities utility rather than throughput, so those never created such disparity in raiding. But overall, I've had fun. When I get tired of grinding AP, I can try my luck at farming relics or legendaries. If I get frustrated with loot not dropping, I can console myself with the steady sure power-up of grinding AP.

I don't fault anyone for saying they're tired of the MMO treadmill and want to do something different with their free time. MMOs will always be a treadmill, with today's power-ups rendered obsolete next xpac, because that's how MMOs work. Meanwhile there are plenty of other games to play, as well as many ways to enjoy our lives that don't involve sitting at a computer all the time.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    When skilled players are getting benched in raids because they didn't get the "right" legendaries and enough titan forged loot you know there's problems, not even Blizzard could be bone headed enough to repeat this mess.

- - - Updated - - -

I love the way you basically say you would quit if they fixed the Legion RNG then go on to list it as a problem XD
    Then you need to reread my statement, I would quit if RNG was removed. Not if the problems Legion brought was fixed. WoW have had RNG since Vanilla, it have always been there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mofn View Post
    i dont think anyone wants a complete removal of RNG. but the WF/TF needs to go, the legendary system needs to get tae fock, and put it back to the same idea as MoP if they want legendaries in the game so bad.

also i would like them to improve professions so that they could provide once again useful gear, like back in ulduar when the recipes dropped by bosses could make actually good stuff, and not just random garbage thats forgotten once the first raid tier has passed. but this is of course off topic here :P
    The fact that I am selling about 100 Oblits each day tells me the crafted gear now is still in use by a lot of people. WF is fine, it fits in with socket and tertiary stats, TF is just too much though as it is a LOT more powerful than any other procs you can get.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    ...or if it gets worse.

And by this I mean the increased RNG of Legion. Not the RNG we had from the beginning.
    Yes, i'll be playing WoW until the servers shut down. Lets hope that they never have a fiasco like Mop again however...

It's a new WoW expansion. Of course I'll play.

The question is how long I'll do it for. That remains to be seen.

My enjoyment of the game has never been do great since BC, so it seems like rng is working well for me!

NO ap and no legendary system like the current, or spec gating? ....I would certainly return. If these systems continue into the next xpac of Diablocraft than NO!..... plenty of other game to play .........plenty!

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Are you refering the added RNG that is beneficial to the playerbase? Such as Warforged/Titanforged/Socket/Tertiary which makes RNG pieces we already get better? Or are you refering to RNG in getting Legendaries?

Eitherway I am unsure, we'll see when it is and what I am doing then.
    Imho you should get those things via other methods, that still requires defeating the bosses (upgrade tokens, reward for some raid collectible currency, craft recipes etc.) over pure RNG.

Vanilla where RNG only determined a drop from a fixed loot table of items with predetermined stats. Sure. But this Diablo 3 level randomness (WF/TF, sockets, tertiary) irks me too much.

Get rid of the warforged/titanforged bullcrap and the remaining rng will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Actually, I would quit if RNG went away. What is an MMO without RNG? "Kill Boss X and get your items the first kill!", yeeaano.

The way RNG is now is actually rather fine except for two points:
    1. Titanforge needs to go, or be reworked to not have "endless proc chance".
    2. Legendary system, some legendaries was/is just too impactful for a spec, making it perform a LOT worse without it. So a couple of options here in my opinion:
    • change every legendary to only be utility/survival with nice chunk of stats.
    • remove the whole thing, because Blizzard do not have the capazity to make 10 legendaries for each spec balanced.
    • give us an opportunity to "disenchant" legendaries, lets say if you DE 3 you can buy one at a vendor. This one I like the least though, but solves the "I've looted 7 legendaires and still dont have my two good ones!" problem.
    Well those are the ones I was talking about in my original post. No RNG at all is not on the table.