Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Huge Drama in LoL

So... as you guys know, some major crap happened at Riot these past couple of days.

Sanjuro, a high level Riot employee, essentially wished death on a streamer in a public discord chat.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzGk...ature=youtu.be

What do you guys think of this. Do you think Sanjuro should be disciplined? Fired? Worse?

Reprimanded yes, fired no. People make mistakes and lose it sometimes, so as long as he doesn't continue with it, should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Natiry427 View Post
    So... as you guys know, some major crap happened at Riot these past couple of days.

Sanjuro, a high level Riot employee, essentially wished death on a streamer in a public discord chat.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzGk...ature=youtu.be

What do you guys think of this. Do you think Sanjuro should be disciplined? Fired? Worse?
    He trash talked Tyler1 which is good, since that kid is the root of everything that is bad in human kind. Give Sanjuro a medal and BAN Tyler1 for all eternity.

He apparently got fired for it.
    Intel i7-10700k | ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz
    A-Data SSD SP920 256GB | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm | NZXT Kraken x62
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Razer: Blackwidow Elite | Basilisk Ultimate | Nari Ultimate| Firefly | NZXT Hue+

Quote Originally Posted by Azurenys View Post
    He apparently got fired for it.
    Source?

But well, unacceptable behaviour and generally a really bad idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narveid View Post
    Source?

His LoL username and Discord name changed from RiotSanjuro to just Sanjuro.

That's pretty harsh @_@...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    You mean someone told someone to die in their job and got fired? I am absolutely shocked
    Why? Just because someone make makes doesn't mean they are the professional type.
    MOBAs are filled with immature types, all the way from players to developers.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't play LOL. Never have, but I have heard of Sanjuro doesn't he do this shit all the time? Like super toxic.

Deleted
    Are people really taking part with a DEVELOPER whishing death to a COSTUMER?

This forum is full of people who still need to: 1) Leave mom house; 2) Find a job.

In my work, if i wuold ever do this, not only i will not get payed, but probably sued and radiated from alb. And for good reason.

P.S: with this, i agree that the streamer is a idiot, but for fuck sake dear developer, be smart and do something within your power and not just spew bullshit on a public chat. Again BE SMART.

If he got fired, then I cannot say it aint deserved. Does not matter who he wished death upon, he is representing Riot.

Edit: Looked through the whole situation. My point still stands though.
    Last edited by Alextros; 2017-10-03 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alextros View Post
    If he got fired, then I cannot say it aint deserved. Does not matter who he wished death upon, he is representing Riot, and even a reprimand cannot undo a threat like this.
    From what I'm reading he said he wished death on someone.
    Saying "I'm going to kill you" is a threat and should get you fired.
    Saying "I wish you were dead" is not a threat and probably shouldn't get you fired, just reprimanded.

"youre a homonculus and when you die well be gucci"

the internet, you people, and humanity are pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    From what I'm reading he said he wished death on someone.
    Saying "I'm going to kill you" is a threat and should get you fired.
    Saying "I wish you were dead" is not a threat and probably shouldn't get you fired, just reprimanded.
    Looked through everything - Most likely he will just be told to stay off any social media for a long time. Still not acceptable on official channels, but not as big as proclaimed.

*shrugs* Unprofessional but it was Tyler, it's hard to really care when it's about him.
    He dug his own hole with his past behaviors. That's an image he has to live with now.

Toxic: "gg ez"
    Not toxic: "Get testicle cancer and die"

Quote Originally Posted by Narveid View Post
    Source?

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    His LoL username and Discord name changed from RiotSanjuro to just Sanjuro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alextros View Post
    Looked through everything - Most likely he will just be told to stay off any social media for a long time. Still not acceptable on official channels, but not as big as proclaimed.
    He was fired. There was a reddit post but it was taken down. He posted on his personal facebook that he lost his job. As maka said his username and discord name were changed. His in game name is also no longer Riot Sanjuro but instead Yonjuro. There is a job posting on Riot's site for lead UX designer but I've heard that was there before.

If he had said it on a personal account it would be one thing but I can't imagine any respectable company allowing that kind of banter while representing them. Its likely a part of their contract. Especially after it blew up on reddit they had to take action. He had doubled down on reddit and said he did nothing wrong, tried to blame reddit for ruining his life, said that other riot members should be fired as well, then finally apologized. (I think he went from 30k karma to -100 in one thread). The guy just had no idea how to handle himself in a professional manner.

EDIT: http://www.rollingstone.com/glixel/n...-dying-w506842

EDIT2: From Riot The_Cactopus:
    "So, we’re done talking about Sunday’s incident. I’m putting on my “senior Riot spokesperson” hat when I say that we don’t tolerate attacking players. We don’t agree with what was said, we take it seriously, and no one at Riot is above reproach. Neither Tyler1 nor any other player deserves that.
    Right now we’re working on a clear policy that explains how ID bans work for ALL players. That includes explicit guidelines for how an ID banned player can get unbanned. Starting very soon, we’ll be proactive about reaching out to ID banned players and sharing those guidelines
    No Rioters should be freely discussing ID banned players or their situations. If anyone else gets ID banned, we’ll deal with that person fairly and privately. From this moment forward, you should expect that to be our policy.
    Edit for clarity: When we talk about potentially lifting ID bans (identity bans) in the future, we're not talking about ever giving back anyone their banned accounts. With very rare exceptions banned accounts are banned forever."
    Last edited by Vertigo X; 2017-10-04 at 02:22 AM.

He didn't "wish" anything. Video gamers, for all the rage they can throw around, are fragile little things apparently.

Meh, on one hand it's not exactly professional behaviour. On the other hand, everyone knows what sort of human waste plays LoL...

If only he did that in his non Riot account. He should see that coming for him. Anyway, most LoL players are like that.