Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    this new series keeps getting better and better.

if you havent checked it out you should!
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    What the hell is with the quotes around we? There are two of us involved in this conversation.
    Translation: "I've got nothing, so I'll just whine about your typing style."
    Translation of Translation: "I'm not worth talking to. Please put me on ignore."

Done.

Quote Originally Posted by looorg View Post
    I had more of an issue with the characters. Huey, Dewey and Louie now have different personalities?
    Honestly I couldn't get past the voices used for Huey, Dewey and Louie. Not having them sound anything like Donald grated me more than the personality changes.

Quote Originally Posted by gerlach1025 View Post
    Honestly I couldn't get past the voices used for Huey, Dewey and Louie. Not having them sound anything like Donald grated me more than the personality changes.
    Well, I mean, Donald isn’t their dad or anything. I’d imagine they sound more like their parents.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Duck tales retells/does The Warriors. Kind of amusing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watched through the first couple episodes, the show is pretty solid. I think the trick will be keeping up the steam, but it's good so far.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I kinda like it, since its more of a mix of comic and original ducktales (where donald was missing all the time).

Example:
    [IMG]https://static.rogerebert.com/uploads/blog_post/primary_image/scanners/inception-of-inception-the-scrooge-mcduck-comic/primary_mcduck-thumb-510x364-23429.jpg[IMG]

I had forgotten that Inception was based off a Ducktales comic
    . I should really read those as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Beegle family is quite close to original design to:
    Is it bad when Ma Beagle was first mentioned I thought it was Mob Eagle? It's a world of anthropomorphic animal villains, it sounded plausible!

Also that screenshot seems to confirm my suspicions that the comically gigantic beagle family of thematic triplets was a reference to the original as well.

Those clowns. *shivers*

Quote Originally Posted by gerlach1025 View Post
    Having them all sound exactly like Donald would've grated on me. I like Donald but I can't be the only person who sometimes wishes we had subtitles.

Last edited by Powerogue; 2017-10-03 at 02:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm interesting. They used the old ducktales models and updated them in latest episode:
    https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net...20131007225445
    Don't sweat the details!!!

5+ Year Old Account

Just downloaded S01E01. Will update this post after I watch it and give out my thoughts on it.

The art style will most likely be a breaking point for many people. For me, I do like it. It is less color than the original but still nice. Their square faces are kinda weird-looking but I could get used to it.

I am sure kids will still love the DuckTales 2017 Reboot just as much as I did (or even more) in 1987.
    Last edited by monkfailz; 2021-03-09 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by monkfailz View Post

Just downloaded S01E01. Will update this post after I watch it and give out my thoughts on it.

The art style will most likely be a breaking point for many people. For me, I do like it. It is less color than the original but still nice. Their square faces are kinda weird-looking but I could get used to it.

I am sure kids will still love the DuckTales 2017 Reboot just as much (or even more) as I did the Original 1987.
    Alas it sounds like they're on their last season. I've really enjoyed the ride but will still admit I feel they peaked at season 2.

They've got several episodes on Youtube, mainly the pilot two episodes:

The Darkwing Duck special (picking up after the events of my favorite episode, The Duck Knight Returns)

And a highlight reel of the arc that spanned S1 and 2 involving the lost Della Duck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.