Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    That looks absolutely gorgeous! ^_^

Really well done map that I now want to become real so we can go exploring!

Maybe someday (wouldn't surprise me) we'll have a world of the Void to fight our way through.

This is really awesome. Well done on that map!

Do you have more artwork like this?
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    thought that might be a good idea to allow for the Old Gods to have their own realm, a place that exists in a distinct plane of existence. I think the mysterious nature of places like Ny'alotha, places described to exist, allow any sort of idea to work.
    I agree completely, though I like to think of this type of realm as a plane beyond normal perception, outside of reality as we know it. Something super-Lovecraftian, of course. A non-Euclidean space that surrounds Azeroth but is invisible to its inhabitants, something that you can only see for a brief moment out of the corner of your eye, which seems to vanish when you try to look at it from another perspective. And higher dimensional beings like the creatures of the Void would inhabit both that plane and our plane simultaneously. Hell, the Void is already depicted in a similar way on Argus and elsewhere.

The idea of there being this dark, twisted, parallel reality all around us, which at any moment could come into view -- like one of those 3D hologram cards that use lenticular printing so they seem to animate as you change your viewing angle -- is really appealing to me.

I can just imagine it being similar to the Eclipse in Berserk, or maybe the conclusion of Junji Ito's Uzumaki. The way the Upside Down is being depicted in S2 of Stranger Things is another decent way that it could be executed in-game.

(P.S. If you've never seen Berserk, this is the best clip I could find on youtube: https://youtu.be/a6Ee7Ky5NUw?t=705)
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2017-10-03 at 10:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exotath View Post
    This is really awesome. Well done on that map!

Do you have more artwork like this?
    Thank you very much. Yep, just check out the link in my signature, it should link you to Artstation. (If you're after the same style the closest would be my 'Ur The Black Land' map)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    You should really Check the jobs section on the blizzard site. They usually have open spots for artists.
    Nothing else to say but this ^

Map looks amazing !! Congratulations OP !! Good job !!
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Deleted
    Very nicely done. Blizzard hire this guy

O wowee ! Just by looking at the map i want to explore it

This is fantastic!!! My head would explode if Blizz gave us something even remotely this cool. I love the idea of a city/ruins/castle in the middle of a big lake like that (Ulvoth).

How did you make this? Is it Photoshop or something like that? Do you sketch it out first?

5+ Year Old Account
    This is sooooo nice and clean and professional looking, nice job!!!

My art mind wonders... did you create this all free hand? all digitally, or did u do it traditionally and then scan it later?

i particularly like the lovecraftian-old-god-dude on the left, and the little skulls add a lot of flavour
    out of curiosity, what raids/lore would you put behind it? i could make up my own, but i do prefer listening to other people's imaginations a lot of the time lol.

And I considered myself a dedicated fan... That map is amazing. How long did it take?

I second the motion that you should apply to Blizzard, their maps are good, but not this good. Some of their artists have ArtStation profiles, too, so you could probably make a first contact through that.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2017-10-04 at 10:23 AM.

I want this so much! Please make it happen blizz!

Amazing map dude, you're very talentend! I've checked your other creations, they're pretty sick as well.

Deleted
    I like this alot

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by digichi View Post
    This is sooooo nice and clean and professional looking, nice job!!!

My art mind wonders... did you create this all free hand? all digitally, or did u do it traditionally and then scan it later?

i particularly like the lovecraftian-old-god-dude on the left, and the little skulls add a lot of flavour
    out of curiosity, what raids/lore would you put behind it? i could make up my own, but i do prefer listening to other people's imaginations a lot of the time lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aseph View Post
    This is fantastic!!! My head would explode if Blizz gave us something even remotely this cool. I love the idea of a city/ruins/castle in the middle of a big lake like that (Ulvoth).

How did you make this? Is it Photoshop or something like that? Do you sketch it out first?
    Thanks very much for the kind words.

Yes I use Photoshop for all my maps. Nothing is scanned in, I just draw directly in Photoshop. (With a tablet, of course)

Deleted
    Damn dude! This is really great work.

I think Ny'Alotha deserves its own map! Just a tip!

And btw speaking of old gods. Puzzle box of Yogg Saron mentions something about "The black forest". If you want something to work on in the future
    Last edited by mmocb33f8b34ad; 2017-11-16 at 12:45 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    <snip>
    Kudos OP, your map had me drooling

7+ Year Old Account
    You should now consider drawing up concepts of some Old God-esque monsters. I'd like to see your incarnation/interpretation of various minions of the Black Empire.

5+ Year Old Account
    Wow, nice job! I'd play the hell out of this expansion.

Not bad buuuut I feel like the realm of the Old Gods would be more chaotic and pock marked than a solid land mass.