Poll: Do you think, that no flying on Argus brakes previous promise, given back in WOD?

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Since flying was introduced, there have been more patched in zones with no flying than with flying.

So unless Blizzard literally stated "every zone released on the future will have flying!" I'm gonna say it's not about promised, but your own expectations, biased as those might be.
    Last edited by MyWholeLifeIsThunder; 2017-10-04 at 10:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be playing wow if they'd let me fly. The game isn't fun without flying.

Deleted
    OP is the kind of pathetic child to bitch and whine when he is told he's having nuggets for dinner then gets dippers. Seriously, they didn't promise you anything. "Our general blueprint going forward" isn't a promise and it's probably best you learn the difference sooner than later. Argus is too small to require flying and they have given us teleports, and stop going on about how they design the game and how hard it is for them to change it, you actually have no idea. It's getting boring. If this is really something hindering you playing the game then go play Aion or something, flying was never a "core feature" of WoW it was just added in TBC and to be honest there was such little going in all these massive zones that it made sense to have flying but now during current content and new zones it isn't necessary atall.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    WotLK had lots of content, added in patches, that had flying. Everybody tries to ignore it.
    Yeah, but that content took place in zones that already existed that already had flying. I'm assuming you're talking about stuff like the Argent Tournament.

When did they change their minds? They said we'd unlock flying in the Broken Isles via an achievement, and we did. They said we won't be able to fly in Argus, and we can't. What did I say about tinfoil hat conspiracy theories?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    What conspiracy theory?
    The conspiracy theory you seem to have that Argus doesn't have flying because Blizzard doesn't want to pay developers.

This is exactly why devs don't want to talk to players. They shared some insight into their work, they didn't promise anything. And design decisions change daily, as you come up with something you think will make something better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    I would be playing wow if they'd let me fly. The game isn't fun without flying.
    You can fly everywhere in this expansion save for 3 zones... You guys are petulant children and I hope they find a way to tease you so you can lament even more.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    You can fly everywhere in this expansion save for 3 zones... You guys are petulant children and I hope they find a way to tease you so you can lament even more.
    They're not going to tease me. I'm just going to read about it and watch videos from now on. I still love wow, but it's not fun to play it anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because some ppl are assholes, that simple
    In WoD specially, ppl were against u getting able to fly, not that they fly or not, they want to deny u experience u enjoy far more than anything else
    I don't remember any post that says that the end content of Legion will be denied of flying, in fact I'm willing to bet that they never said that in first place, because i wonder how many sales would been dropped if they said from start that the end content of the expansion - patch 7.3 - they will remove flying
    In fact why the f8ck they introduced class mounts, if they planned from start to remove flying in the patch that will f8cking stay for a year+ in first place ? Last patch always stays the longest, any f8cking explanation ? Rogue crows don't have a landing animation and druid flying form can't even be used in first place, u went at 3:00 am to get the auctioneer in stormwind ? sorry that was for absolutely NOTHING, or u enjoy 'walking' on a bird that has no talons ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalos View Post
    Threads like these are why developers hesitate to communicate with the playerbase. Give a bit of insight into their thoughts, and the community flips it as "broken promises" the first chance they get.
    Then by all means prove us wrong and show me anything in Legion promotional materials/videos that say that the last patch - the patch that stays for 1year + - won't have flying, because a heavy feature in every promotional was that flying will be introduced in legion

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    lol. I actually laughed out loud when I saw this thread title.

Nope, no broken promises at all. Patch content has never had flying. Get over it.
    When they said that flying will be introduced in legion, where did it say for just 1 patch (7.2) months then f8ck you ?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Read the Pathfinder achievement, it hasn't changed since then. That should've been a clue.

In addition to that, Argus is an instance. They've had trouble implementing flying since their "promise" of flying mounts in Throne of the Four Winds. Why, you ask? Because skyboxes, falling through the world, instant deaths in random places, and invisible walls.
    If we should continue using this silly arguments to justify flying/no-flying, then you should look at Argus map - technically, it's part of Broken Isles map.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2017-10-04 at 09:46 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    and why the f8ck exactly would u go to older zones with no reward (except trash pvp tower honor) ?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Dont miss it on Argus. The place is small enough to travel by ground mount.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Never? That isn't true at all. What patch content could you not fly in during Wotlk or Cata? Coincidently the same period WoW had the highest sub count to date.
    Firelands had no flying.
    Timeless Isle had no flying.

And are you suggesting that being able to fly is directly correlated to how many people are playing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    and why the f8ck exactly would u go to older zones with no reward (except trash pvp tower honor) ?
    So you're openly admitting that you want to use flying to do the new world quests faster then and without having to deal with the mobs and terrain. I Think you've proved their point.

I am sure you can fly for long on a world where even the vindicaar is only able to stay in the air due to an ancient relic of the draenei and where lightforged machinas are shot down left and right.

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhzeus View Post
    OP is the kind of pathetic child to bitch and whine when he is told he's having nuggets for dinner then gets dippers. Seriously, they didn't promise you anything. "Our general blueprint going forward" isn't a promise and it's probably best you learn the difference sooner than later. Argus is too small to require flying and they have given us teleports, and stop going on about how they design the game and how hard it is for them to change it, you actually have no idea. It's getting boring. If this is really something hindering you playing the game then go play Aion or something, flying was never a "core feature" of WoW it was just added in TBC and to be honest there was such little going in all these massive zones that it made sense to have flying but now during current content and new zones it isn't necessary atall.
    except if u weren't enjoying being a d8ck to OP and that ppl are denied flying, here the wowpedia page where u can check features of the expansion, a clear promise of flying introduced 'later like in WoD', and in WoD we were able to fly in every zone, including Tanaan the last zone introduced in a patch, even in the non-pvp part of Ashran u can fly
    Can u show me where did they say that the last patch - the patch that always stay for 1year + in every expansion since ever - they will remove flying ? assuming u stop being a b8tch and whine (ur words) and actually read what they promised ?

- - - Updated - - -

So you're openly admitting that you want to use flying to do the new world quests faster then and without having to deal with the mobs and terrain. I Think you've proved their point.
    Blizzard themselves said that new zones override older zones in multiple occasions, and u can find 1502 video of ppl talking about that if u want, but making it sounds like only 'me' do that ok, go quest in stormheim while everyone - who still subscribed - goes to McRee getting 910+ gear

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    I am sure you can fly for long on a world where even the vindicaar is only able to stay in the air due to an ancient relic of the draenei and where lightforged machinas are shot down left and right.
    before even leave first zone (called Koruun or whatever) we clear the skies and make them safer, not to mention if u use that argument it is easily countered by saying we can fly just above the land not high in skies in mortar range
    Thrall

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekosom View Post
    Could probably use one or two more teleporters in Antorus Wastes and Krokuun, though.
    I feel that this is way more important that flying on Argus.
    Having 2 teleporters on Antoran depending where the wqs are up is really annoying. They should just have all 3 active as it is.
    I feel like we are missing one Teleporter somewhere around the middle but I don't think we'll see that till the raid opens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ooo, I have an idea that might annoy you guys! They should bring back flying in Argus but slow it down to 60% mount speed(like non-epic flying back in the day) and fill the sky with some sort of Argus Kaliri things that'd dismount you. That'd be a great tease.

Quote Originally Posted by Avalos View Post

Threads like these are why developers hesitate to communicate with the playerbase. Give a bit of insight into their thoughts, and the community flips it as "broken promises" the first chance they get.

Completely true, but the playerbase will blame the devs anyway, won't take responsibility, and will cry as always.

Deleted