Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Professor's anti-Trump Halloween decorations sparks outrage in town

Halloween is just a few weeks away, and one Connecticut homeowner has chosen to turn the display in his front yard into a political message knocking President Trump.
    Connecticut House 3

A Connecticut homeowner has turned his Halloween display into a political message. (FOX 61)

Matt Warshauer, a history professor at Central Connecticut State University, told FOX 61 his lavish displays went from traditional to political around the start of the Iraq War.

“As a historian one of my goals is always to educate people and try and at least begin conversations,” Warshauer said.

This year's display, named “The Trumpian Ship of State,” features a giant pirate ship named “Constitution,” commanded by a smoke breathing Trump.

In addition to skeleton portrayed as ex-FBI Director James Comey walking the plank, the display includes a child with a DACA sign appearing to be ready to be thrown off the ship, a nod to the debate over what to do with the young illegal immigrants often called "DREAMers."
    Connecticut House 1

Matt Warshauer, a Connecticut history professor, created the display, "The Trumpian Ship of State." (FOX 61 )

“The day after the election last year I thought, the American ship of state has gone horribly off course,” Warshauer told FOX 61. “It's a pirate ship because Trump and most of his cabinet and people surrounding him are pirates who are pillaging this country.”

In addition to the main ship, there's also a smaller rowboat on his lawn with a depiction of President Abraham Lincoln holding a sign which reads, “What’s become of my party?”
    Connecticut House 4

The Halloween display depicts the Trump administration in a pirate setting. (FOX 61)

The professor said he hopes the Halloween display sparks conversation, and has already attracted a crowd since going up.

“If it gets people talking and more people are more educated about the ins and outs of what's going on in our system, I think it's a great thing,” passerby Bobby Holloway said.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/04...n-display.html

This is rather distasteful and pathetic, glad I don't live next to this guy!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's glorious.

That looks like it took a lot of work. I have no issues with someone doing that on their front lawn, it's not like he's forcing his students to participate or anything like that.

Deleted
    This guy deserves some price! Awesome.

Conservatives now that Trump is in office.

"It's so distasteful and disrespectful the way people insult and mock our President!"

Conservatives under Obama.

https://conservativetribune.com/man-...alloween-cops/

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/19954218/...n-causing-stir

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean yeah it's stupid, but it's actually pretty good.

How dare they mock the god of cheeto's and orang utan haircuts.

All glory to the reality tv star president of erhmerica.

Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    Conservatives now that Trump is in office.

"It's so distasteful and disrespectful the way people insult and mock our President!"

Conservatives under Obama.

https://conservativetribune.com/man-...alloween-cops/

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/19954218/...n-causing-stir
    its both sides crying foul when they get attacked, its quite funny to watch

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Same thing happened under Obama. News at 11.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellboi View Post
    Halloween is just a few weeks away, and one Connecticut homeowner has chosen to turn the display in his front yard into a political message knocking President Trump.
    Connecticut House 3

A Connecticut homeowner has turned his Halloween display into a political message. (FOX 61)

Matt Warshauer, a history professor at Central Connecticut State University, told FOX 61 his lavish displays went from traditional to political around the start of the Iraq War.

“As a historian one of my goals is always to educate people and try and at least begin conversations,” Warshauer said.

This year's display, named “The Trumpian Ship of State,” features a giant pirate ship named “Constitution,” commanded by a smoke breathing Trump.

In addition to skeleton portrayed as ex-FBI Director James Comey walking the plank, the display includes a child with a DACA sign appearing to be ready to be thrown off the ship, a nod to the debate over what to do with the young illegal immigrants often called "DREAMers."
    Connecticut House 1

Matt Warshauer, a Connecticut history professor, created the display, "The Trumpian Ship of State." (FOX 61 )

“The day after the election last year I thought, the American ship of state has gone horribly off course,” Warshauer told FOX 61. “It's a pirate ship because Trump and most of his cabinet and people surrounding him are pirates who are pillaging this country.”

In addition to the main ship, there's also a smaller rowboat on his lawn with a depiction of President Abraham Lincoln holding a sign which reads, “What’s become of my party?”
    Connecticut House 4

The Halloween display depicts the Trump administration in a pirate setting. (FOX 61)

The professor said he hopes the Halloween display sparks conversation, and has already attracted a crowd since going up.

“If it gets people talking and more people are more educated about the ins and outs of what's going on in our system, I think it's a great thing,” passerby Bobby Holloway said.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/04...n-display.html

But it isn't inaccurate!

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought PC was dead. Why are Trump supporters always offended?

Also, the comment section is, as always, fucking hilarious.

"We had to run the british out, now we'll have to run the liberals out".

I especially enjoy the guy saying the professor needs to stop being butthurt while everyone else's anus in the comments is puckered tighter than Ben Carsons eyes are shut.
    Last edited by Belize; 2017-10-04 at 04:26 PM.

Saaaaafe Spaaaace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Professors continue to prove to me how much smarter I am in comparison to them.
    This is gold!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

I love it, rofl.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/04...n-display.html[/i]

Would you like a safe space?

Looks great, and I like the Lincoln in the row boat.

Are they ghost pirates?

And people say Trump can't stop illegals who come by boat. Thanks Matt Warshauer, your faith in Trump is admirable.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    The people who are outraged about it should mind their own god damn business.
    Won't happen. The most vocal thing on earth is a triggered conservative snowflake and there are tons of them now. They need their safe spaces.
    May 30th, 2019 - Trump admits Russia helped him get elected.

An elected Republican called for biblical law to be implemented and for all non-christians to be murdered. But it's sharia law we should be scared about right?

Republicans ran an actual Nazi for office in 2018 and he got nearly 1/3rd of the votes.