Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I made this ages ago for Australian discussion... it is simply wrong for one to be expected to be treated as a human if one hides one's humanity.
    Because humanity has ever been anything about "having a face".
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    And how many people have successfully robbed banks or shot up places because they passed unassumingly as a woman wearing a burqa?

We get it. Some people don't like Muslims. Some people want to take Islamic cultural practices down a peg because they want to make it less "attractive" for muslims to live in there. They think that, if they abrogate enough cultural practices and make it difficult enough for muslims to carry on normally, that the muslims will all disappear and they wont have to worry about taking further initiative on integration.

That's the real "takeaway" here. So they frame it as a matter of "well it's oppressive to the women!" while not really considering that telling them NOT to wear something is equally oppressive or a "Well obviously they could commit all sorts of crimes while wearing it!" without very many examples of "all sorts of crimes."

I mean if someone is going to be xenophobic they should at least be outright about it and stop being so wishy-washy.

And regardless, I can tell you that banning burqas will neither stop women from wearing them nor stop Muslims from living in the country and practicing Islam as their faith.
    There was a guy a few years back in the UK who used one to try and evade police.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ation-bid.html
    Last edited by Aeula; 2017-10-02 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Because humanity has ever been anything about "having a face".
    *always been ...

I mean - I treat these as objects, not people.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

*always been ...
    The grammar was correct I was making a (sarcastic) rhetorical statement. Maybe I'm just a helpless romantic but my understanding was that humanity was a measure of a persons actions, not appearance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

*always been ...

I mean - I treat these as objects, not people.

I'd treat them as objects, as well, as they are quite clearly parasols. Were you trying to be ironic or something???

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I'd treat them as objects, as well, as they are quite clearly parasols. Were you trying to be ironic or something???
    No - I was making a valid point, if a person looks like an object - then they can't expect to be treated as a human.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

No - I was making a valid point, if a person looks like an object - then they can't expect to be treated as a human.
    Well, I guess you'd have to be pretty stupid, very drunk or need of an eye test to mistake some patio furniture for a person.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengekaer View Post
    Dude, most of the danish traffic-cams are automated (that is, no operator handles them) and facial recognition on the images generated are pretty vital to determining who's to be fined..
    The owner of a car will recieve a letter from the police with visual evidence of the speed-limit breach, but if the driver is wearing a burqa, then the owner can deny and noone will ever know who's been driving. The burqa may also narrow the line of sight.
    Just because i support the burqa remaining legal does not mean i think its without practical or even judicial implications.
    But tell you what, it's fun seeing people play dumb just for the sake of it. Please, do proceed. Make us proud.
    Except that you are not correct. If the owner of the car will not identify the driver, then the owner will be fined.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    Ethnics? You mean minorities? Yes, we do.

- - - Updated - - -

It's clearly an issue important enough to care about for danish people.
    LOL no, its only DF-voters that give a shit. The rest of us doesnt want to oppress minorities.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

Quote Originally Posted by HolgerDK View Post

LOL no, its only DF-voters that give a shit. The rest of us doesnt want to oppress minorities.
    Does DF have 62%? No, so it's not only DF-voters. It's clearly an issue important enough for the danish people to care about.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    Does DF have 62%? No, so it's not only DF-voters. It's clearly an issue important enough for the danish people to care about.
    Its 62% of the polled people. Your own quoted part of the article even said that. Try harder.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    If this is the case, i demand that no one wears masks during holloween.

I mean if we are to ban burqa let's not bullshit ourselves and change the law to 'no one is allowed to cover his face'
    That is actually already a thing some places. Where if you are in the puplic, unless you are a child supervised by an adult, you are not allowed to were masks.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ding ding ding. Majority in parliament in favour of banning anonymous garbage bag clothes. It is done.

Good on them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fitheach View Post
    Sorry but that White Supremacy is a dinosaur of the Nazi era. Europe needs to open up to its multicultural future and that means accepting all and being inclusive.
    Inclusion of regressive social constructs isn't the way forward.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well, I cannot wear a motorcycle helm when entering a bank. There are tons of occasions where I am forced to show my face for security concerns. But because a religion dictates it, it is OK or rather the freedom of expression?
    A bank is a private business.

Why should you be forced to show your face on a street?

I fully agree with this

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-mask_laws

Also there are certain demands / rules, how for example my picture needs to be taken for a passport or so. Like..I can't wear a hat ...or sunglasses. But again...special rules and exceptions because: Religion. (though in all fairness, can't wear a burka on a foto, but a headscarf is allowed - what makes it extra hilarious, also for muslims, it shows: No baseball cap. But a full around headscarf is ok.)

Which is basically what my problem boils down to...
    And I don't support any of those laws for public property. Like I said, this is an attempt to stifle freedom of expression.

So does Denmark have a serious crime problem coming from people in burqas?

Everything that hides a way to identify peoples faces should be banned honestly. As for the halloween argument, I don't think the danes celebrate halloween.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    So does Denmark have a serious crime problem coming from people in burqas?
    Nope, they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Do Danes have many ethnics?
    There are many small ethnicities living in Denmark. We've welcomed them all with open arms EXCEPT Islamists, whom we have a huge problem with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    How many even wears the Burqa these days? Because last time they went all up in arms about it, it was less than 5 people.
    Quite a lot at Nørrebro. I can't walk 100 meters outside of this building without running into a Burqa.