Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post

So, the game is so massive and with so many things to do that at the end the loot boxes are pointless, mainly because the captains are loot pinatas.
    That's fine, I'll keep an eye on reviews and possibly buy it for £20-30 if the shitty business practices aren't as shitty as they seem. Im always happy to eat my words if ours justified.

Deleted
    According to the Gamespot review. Legendary orcs are only available in paid loot boxes. Random lootboxes ingame will only give up to epic

https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/sta...56778675982336

Polygon reports that the games ‘4th act’ which unlocks the true ending, requires use of lootboxes or it will become a hopeless grind
    Last edited by mmoca2c81d9292; 2017-10-05 at 06:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Svinoi Banana View Post
    According to the Gamespot review. Legendary orcs are only available in paid loot boxes. Random lootboxes ingame will only give up to epic

https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/sta...56778675982336

Polygon reports that the games ‘4th act’ which unlocks the true ending, requires use of lootboxes or it will become a hopeless grind
    It would help if TB wasn't completely dishonest. From the Gamespot review:

"Although loot boxes that are purchased with in-game currency only go up to Epic tier rewards including gear and Orc followers, instead of the paid currency's Legendaries, the difference in quality between the two, in practice, isn't substantially different. And after finishing the game, even with buying a dozen or so 1,200 Mirian loot crates over the course of my adventure, I was still left with over 70,000 Mirian in reserve. Like so many of the other game's systems, the storefront feels less predatory and more like a cluelessly unnecessary addition."

Also, you can turn your Elite Captains into Legendary with pit fights. And this:

10+ Year Old Account
    He never said it waa the only way, he's not being dishonest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    He never said it waa the only way, he's not being dishonest.
    It's right on his tweet, "Legendary orcs are only available in paid loot boxes". Silver loot box does have a RNG chance of dropping legendary orcs.

He is being completely dishonest because he is cherry-picking Gamespot's review for his own argument. Especially when Gamespot's review contradicts what he twitted.

Yes, he can have his opinion about loot boxes being bad for gaming, but twisting Gamespot's review should be a big "no no" for some fighting for gaming ethics.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2017-10-05 at 09:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's right on his tweet, "Legendary orcs are only available in paid loot boxes".
    Followed by the sentence ransom loot boxes only have epic, he's saying that in the two loot boxes you can only get legendary in the paid ones. Not that the only place you can get them in game. It's easily confused I get that.

Deleted
    Followed by the sentence ransom loot boxes only have epic, he's saying that in the two loot boxes you can only get legendary in the paid ones. Not that the only place you can get them in game. It's easily confused I get that.
    But that was also confirmed to be wrong by other reviewers and people that already have the game.

https://twitter.com/PikeyZA/status/915992430574436353
    http://www.gamesradar.com/middle-ear...ry-orcs-guide/

Like I said, for someone fighting for gaming ethics, he just went balls' deep with his misinterpreted reading of a review instead of checking for himself.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2017-10-05 at 09:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    He said according to gamespot, so what he said at the time still isn't dishonest. It would be dishonest if he didn't clarify the new information from other reviewers.

Games getting good reviews so I'll keep an eye out.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2017-10-05 at 09:47 PM.

Deleted
    Games getting good reviews so I'll keep an eye out.
    Yep. The game is being praised for its buffed nemesis system and the fact that is huge and full of stuff to do. The con side is the story, but honestly, Shadow of Mordor's story was weak as hell, so I wasn't expecting much from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow of mordors story flew past me, I completed based on the nemesis and awesome (but repetitive) combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would literally sell my soul for one of those review copies right now

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    I would literally sell my soul for one of those review copies right now
    Your soul is only worth $59.99?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    $5.99 and 4 days.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was hyped as hell when I heard the news on this game. But after hearing about the loot boxes, I will be waiting to see what the players say when they get their hands on it. Since this game isn't reliant on multiplayer, there is no need to rush and get it on day one. I'll allow the die hard fans to come up with their reviews before I pick it up.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I was hyped as hell when I heard the news on this game. But after hearing about the loot boxes, I will be waiting to see what the players say when they get their hands on it. Since this game isn't reliant on multiplayer, there is no need to rush and get it on day one. I'll allow the die hard fans to come up with their reviews before I pick it up.
    Yeah, I am happy to wait, I might even wait till the gold edition with all the DLC tbh, I loved SoM so I know i'll love this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    I'm willing to sell you mine for less, maybe you can sell it for more to someone else....deal?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    I'm willing to sell you mine for less, maybe you can sell it for more to someone else....deal?
    Are you saying you have a mithril edition?

10+ Year Old Account

Convenient video to watch for more evidence but more reason for me not to buy this game. Campaign is 15 hours long which isn't bad. But if you want to unlock the true ending be prepared for hours upon hours of grinding. Unless you pay real money. Which is disappointing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    That just denies giving anything to the developer, the ones who are making a kick-ass game. If you want to boycott bad business decisions, don't buy the lootboxes. That way you are saying, 'The game is good, but these microtransactions are bad.' If you buy the game secondhand or steal it, then that's just a big 'fuck you' to everyone involved, including the ones who don't deserve it.
    No. Actually. If you buy the game with all the bullshit in it it just says to Warner Bros. "We bought your game even after all this shit." Stop being an unpaid shill and wise up. Whenever you buy a game with shit business decisions behind it you tell these corporate jackasses that stuff like this is A-okay and that they can push harder. It's how NBA2k18 got so bad. It's how GTA Online got so bad. It's how The Bethesda creation Club is happening right now. Fucking Skyrim Legendary edition got taken off the Steam store(not really it's hidden but you have to have a link to the store page). They WANT you to buy that special edition with the creation club in it.

Do not buy games with these practices. Period. Buy them in a year from now when the publishers don't give a fuck about sales anymore since the game is in the bargain bin. I fucking loved shadow of mordor. I want this game bad. But I'm not gonna be part of the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

It would help if TB wasn't completely dishonest. From the Gamespot review:

"Although loot boxes that are purchased with in-game currency only go up to Epic tier rewards including gear and Orc followers, instead of the paid currency's Legendaries, the difference in quality between the two, in practice, isn't substantially different. And after finishing the game, even with buying a dozen or so 1,200 Mirian loot crates over the course of my adventure, I was still left with over 70,000 Mirian in reserve. Like so many of the other game's systems, the storefront feels less predatory and more like a cluelessly unnecessary addition."

Also, you can turn your Elite Captains into Legendary with pit fights. And this:

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLZGY8sVwAExMIl.jpg[IMG]
    You're missing the part where the reviewers aren't doing Shadow Wars to unlock the true ending. Which you need to do hours of grinding for.
    Last edited by Mister Cheese; 2017-10-06 at 10:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post

Convenient video to watch for more evidence but more reason for me not to buy this game. Campaign is 15 hours long which isn't bad. But if you want to unlock the true ending be prepared for hours upon hours of grinding. Unless you pay real money. Which is disappointing.
    I am not sure whats the bigger disappointment, Shadow of War or Arkham Knight. (Actually I know whats worse, it's this) Both by Warner Brothers never the less. I am seriously putting Warner Brothers on my black list at this point. I will never purchase a game from this company again. Seriously disappointed. I feel sorry Monolith that had to confined to WB's needs this way, because they are a good developer hidden by a shit practice by the publisher

I am so done
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-10-06 at 11:16 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance