Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Looks like murder. Other posters seem to think he turned with a knife in his hand, if so, that changes things - don't carry knives and definitely do not wield them against gun holders of any kind (be it citizen or cop)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    This type of thing where police shoot a running criminal in the back happens fairly often I think, even if it doesn't always make national news. It happened in my town a couple years ago, and it's happened many times in larger cities like Chicago. Every time that I'm aware of police have got off without any charge (or conviction if charged). That's because there was a precedent set in a case a few years back where they ruled in favor of the police who were chasing a guy with a gun and shot him in the back. They said that as the criminal was running with the gun even though it's away from the police, as his arms swung back in the running motion it would be possible to shoot backwards at the police without turning around. I'm not really sure how practical it would be to hit anything, but they said it's feasible to imagine a person running with a gun that it would be possible to shoot it backwards at the furthest part of the arm swing while still facing away - and according to the courts justifying shooting the criminal in the back. The criminal doesn't even need to shoot to justify it, if they are carrying a gun, or even if they aren't really carrying a gun but they have an object that looks like a gun they'll get off. One of those cases happened recently and the criminal turned out to just be carrying a cell phone and the cops still got off because they argued it looked like a gun while running in the heat of the moment.

For better or worse, since then it's been the usual routine that if cops shoot a running criminal in the back, there's always a huge public uproar and then the cop gets off due to that precedent, leading to more uproar. And I wouldn't expect any sort of direction to overrule that during this administration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Yeh sorry, thats not how our justice system works.
    I am sorry if I misunderstood your comment but that is how your justice system works, no?

Criminal is stupid enough to run away, goes taken out, common and isn't limited to 'race'. Really, they should just equip all with tasers. Zap them and have them piss themselves, lock 'em up.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I don't see anything wrong with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    It does when you turn to attack the police with a deadly weapon. Especially when you have a long history of violent arrests including aggravated assault.
    Right. But again, to her, I'm assuming she's upset that he was shot just for trying to run away. She's a close family member who is obviously going to sympathize with the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I am sorry if I misunderstood your comment but that is how your justice system works, no?

Criminal is stupid enough to run away, goes taken out, common and isn't limited to 'race'. Really, they should just equip all with tasers. Zap them and have them piss themselves, lock 'em up.
    Running from the cops, isn't a capital offense. That is what @IIamaKing is stating. And that is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post

Innocent until proven guilty is how our system works.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Sorry but.. I've been in places in CALI, and Indiana where.. you don't even have the nerve to talk back to cops.. They would shoot you for just giving them the WRONG LOOK.. maybe this was more of a thing back in 1999 - 2009 because the world became a bunch of wimpy pieces of shit.. but when the cop asked me to step out of the car just because he thought I was possibly someone else - WHAT THE FUCK you think I'm going to do, be like "No Officer, of course I won't comply, haha, so funny, haha" BOOM DEAD - cop would of killed my dumbass.

Listen to me.. people these days don't know shit about fuck - Cops are nothing like they used to be

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Not sure where you live but fleeing and alluding only carries a maximum penalty of 15 years, and thats killing someone while fleeing.

Can you show me where in the US fleeing and alluding has capital punishment listed?
    He attacked the officer with a deadly weapon my friend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Running away from the police, isn't a reason to execute ANYONE. That cop should be charged with fucking murder. There is no evidence that the guy posed a threat.
    Except from the evidence of the two credible witnesses, the knife on the ground and apparently some blurry-a$$ camera footage that indicate the multiply convicted criminal turned to attack him with a deadly weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Article says an officer did fire his taser at him.
    Then why did one shoot the guy multiple times? From the time the camera goes crazy to the time you hear shots is only a few seconds.

justice was served. dont run or fight officers of the law.

10+ Year Old Account
    3 Pages full of "Since you run away from the police it's ok to be executed"

Well you couldn't expect less from a forum where even Michael Slager found supporters..

Killed while running? Looks like he turned around and took out a weapon, sadly he brought a knife to a gun fight. Sadly for him, not for anyone else.
    Working on my next ban.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Under Your Spell View Post
    Just do as the police says. That's what I think. Don't do stupid shit.
    This, a million, billion times.

No, what the cop did wasn't right but that guy would've still been alive if he didn't run from them. This is a perfect example of stupidity on both sides and people ignoring it and right away taking the victim's side because "oh, poor man!". I never understood how people think they can get away from the police when they're RIGHT in front of them like that. Where do you think you're going to go? And on the cops' side, didn't they have tasers? Were they not fit enough to just chase him down? He was like 5 feet in front of them.

Just stupidity all around.

World is a better place now, do what your told crim.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triforcewolf View Post
    This, a million, billion times.

No, what the cop did wasn't right but that guy would've still been alive if he didn't run from them. This is a perfect example of stupidity on both sides and people ignoring it and right away taking the victim's side because "oh, poor man!". I never understood how people think they can get away from the police when they're RIGHT in front of them like that. Where do you think you're going to go? And on the cops' side, didn't they have tasers? Were they not fit enough to just chase him down? He was like 5 feet in front of them.

Just stupidity all around.
    There is another video from the other cop bodycam which showing his taser discharged, that means he did use the taser (not sure if he mised)

Let me guess 4 pages now of people ignoring the knife.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Let me guess 4 pages now of people ignoring the knife.
    Hard to see and the article doesn't mention it. I didn't see it at first...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Running from the cops, isn't a capital offense. That is what @IIamaKing is stating. And that is true.
    Ah, okay, that is what he meant. No, running isn't but this guy wasn't innocent in the first place, at least according to the sources, had already outstanding cases.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Innocent until proven guilty is how our system works.
    @Orbitus told me what you meant.

And that is true but according to the sources, he wasn't innocent in the first place.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..