Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Mages aren't shamans, they shouldn't be able to summon water elementals.
    But they can control fire and ice, even if they're not shamans. Your point makes no sense.
    Demon Hunters are not demons. Why can they use fel magic?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Wut? So you're telling me my frost mage is actually using arcane magic? I'd like to see any source of this
    How do you think Blink works? Do you think that's Frost Magic? If you seriously don't think Frost Mages use Arcane Magic, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    But they can control fire and ice, even if they're not shamans. Your point makes no sense.
    Demon Hunters are not demons. Why can they use fel magic?
    Not the same, usage of magic isn't tied to the elements. Using elementals is.

Deleted
    don't you dare to take my lovely Mezznar away from me

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    In the new lore, voidwalkers are void creatures, warlocks make a pact with demons, not with the void. It makes no sense for them to summon voidwalkers. Besides, do you see any voidwalker around the Legion controlled areas of Broken Isles? Nope.

Mages aren't shamans, they shouldn't be able to summon water elementals. I don't care how long it's been in the game, just replace it with an arcane guardian or something, like Khadgar has. Simple enough.
    Voidwalkers - The void does what it wants to. If that means helping a warlock it will. Void in Legion controlled areas? Argus and the Etherials beg to differ.

Water elementals - Shamans don't control the elements. Dark shamans could enslave small parts of it but they never controlled the whole. Water elementals team up with frost mages who are using an aspect of water magic, my words not Blizzard's, of their own free will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Source
    The caster uses the forces of nature to create a water elemental. He summons the forces of air and water and combines them into a simulacrum to defend the lands.
    [...]
    Water Elemental
    These creatures are made of the magical essence of water. Once created, they are loyal servants, and will unerringly do the bidding of their masters.

[...]
    Water Elemental
    These are creations of Human magiks. Occasionally found in the service of their Conjurers, these simulacrums have the powers of water to use as they will.

--WC1 manual

By use of this spell an Archmage can summon and control a powerful elemental comprised of water and air vapors. These creatures, capable of hurling torrents of rock-solid water at their enemies, cannot remain in the physical world for long. Thus, after a short length of time, they will vanish and return to their base liquid forms.
    [...]
    Water elementals were a favorite tool of the Conjurors of Azeroth during the First War, and now the enchanted creatures have come to aid the defenders of freedom once again.
    --WC3 manual

There was a searing flash, and a beam of light shot outward from the Focusing Iris to the ocean.
    With one hand on the Iris still, Jaina lifted the other and made the familiar motions of a certain spell.
    Before, this spell had created a single elemental. Now, so quickly, there were ten. Ten shimmering, imprisoned water elementals standing on the surface of the sea, their eyes glinting, what served for their arms encased in manacles.
    Jaina laughed. Then she made more. And more still, until there was scarcely any unenchanted water to be seen.

--Tides of War

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Voidwalkers - The void does what it wants to. If that means helping a warlock it will. Void in Legion controlled areas? Argus and the Etherials beg to differ.

Water elementals - Shamans don't control the elements. Dark shamans could enslave small parts of it but they never controlled the whole. Water elementals team up with frost mages who are using an aspect of water magic, my words not Blizzard's, of their own free will.
    The Ethereals on Argus have nothing to do with the Legion, rather, they're enemies. The Legion is terrified of the Void, which is why they started their Legion. The Void wants the Legion out of the way so the Void Lords can take control. The part in Mac'Aree where the Void dwells is not controlled by the Legion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dmerriam005 View Post
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Water_elemental

Scroll down to the dalarn water elemnental section
    They are still water elementals.

In the new lore, voidwalkers are void creatures, warlocks make a pact with demons, not with the void. It makes no sense for them to summon voidwalkers. Besides, do you see any voidwalker around the Legion controlled areas of Broken Isles? Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by roninwookie View Post
    As for the void being used by the Legion. Where?
    Creatures of the void can be subjugated just like demons. There are many on the Broken Shore.

The caster uses the forces of nature to create a water elemental. He summons the forces of air and water and combines them into a simulacrum to defend the lands. They are excellent creatures, and will never turn upon their creators. The element of water was chosen because it is persistent as in the state of erosion, and it is the opposite of fire, which seems to be the element that the Orcs favor.[4]

10+ Year Old Account
    Wut? So you're telling me my frost mage is actually using arcane magic? I'd like to see any source of this
    all magic is arcane magic. Mages aren't shamans and can't dip into elements, so they make their elements via arcane instead
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    again, is there a source for that
    Do a Higher Learner achievement for hardcore mode.

Or visit a wiki page for dirty peasant mode: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Magic_schools
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Not the same, usage of magic isn't tied to the elements. Using elementals is.
    It would help if you even knew what it was you were complaining about before you start your threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    Creatures of the void can be subjugated just like demons. There are many on the Broken Shore.

The Legion arent using these guys, the void is corrupting this part of the BS. I believe it says that in the WQ.
    There's someone in my head, but it's not me - Pink Floyd

Deleted
    The @OP needs some heavy lore education

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    all magic is arcane magic. Mages aren't shamans and can't dip into elements, so they make their elements via arcane instead
    This is false. According to Medivh, "When you create fire, all you are doing is concentrating the inherent nature of fire contained in the surrounding area into one location, calling it into being." (The Last Guardian, pg 48) It's not arcane magic.

Mages conjure constructs created out of whatever element they have affinity with, while Shaman bring a conscious and sentient creature from the elemental plane. It's why Mages can create arcane elementals, but Shaman cannot summon them.
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    How come we are discussing what the elemental is and of, but not the actual school the mages use to control them? The water elemental is a creature conjured from Water and Air connection.

The caster uses the forces of nature to create a water elemental. He summons the forces of air and water and combines them into a simulacrum to defend the lands. They are excellent creatures, and will never turn upon their creators. The element of water was chosen because it is persistent as in the state of erosion, and it is the opposite of fire, which seems to be the element that the Orcs favor.

(Source)
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly not what I was implying, frost bolt, ice lance etc are not arcane spells
    So you don't even think they're using arcane magic to shape fire and frost and so on? You believe they're drawing directly from elemental sources like a shaman?

10+ Year Old Account
    So I'm an arcane frost mage then, neat
    I would prefer frost conjurer personally. All mages use arcane to conjure, summon or evoke elements, specs only mean that your PC mage decided to use only one type of spells.