Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    Gladiator has also been around for a lot longer, and no, none of the battlemaster achievements require you to be good. You can spam BGs till you get them, and there's a couple made much easier by having a premade, but again you can just spam and you'll eventually get them all. You could do the same thing with Gladiator and go absolutely nowhere if you weren't actively trying to improve as a player, instead of just going for achievements. There's still no comparison. Battlemaster and Khan are cool titles, but they don't mean you're a good player.
    Gladiator has only been around 1 expansion longer than Battlemaster dude, they were both up during wotlk. youre still likely to run past 100 gladiators before you see one battlemaster
    Last edited by Nuba; 2017-10-07 at 04:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    You're really downplaying some of the more difficult Battlemaster/Khan achievement requirements. There's no way in hell some shitter is going to "eventually" get Cloud Nine, Alterac Valley All-Star or Arathi Basin All-Star.
    I know quite a few people who got those second two by accident. Cloud Nine is harder but it's not that hard to get carried for it.

Gladiator has only been around 1 expansion longer than Battlemaster dude, they were both up during wotlk. youre still likely to run past 100 gladiators before you see one battlemaster
    Yeah...no. Gladiator had 4 seasons of some the highest participation seasons of arena to hand out titles, thats a lot of glad titles before battlemaster existed. And no, battlemaster isn't that rare anymore. My server had a lot more battlemasters than gladiators by the time I quit, I saw people almost daily with it. I'm not sure why you think it's so rare, people have had years to work on it. It's not common, but it's not exactly scarab lord or vanquisher. Maybe your server is just different?

10+ Year Old Account
    honestly this is what I think pvper cares about : money, entertainment, winning, expensive cosmetic stuff
    no particular "exclusive", they want reward that's it

I know quite a few people who got those second two by accident. Cloud Nine is harder but it's not that hard to get carried for it.

Yeah...no. Gladiator had 4 seasons of some the highest participation seasons of arena to hand out titles, thats a lot of glad titles before battlemaster existed. And no, battlemaster isn't that rare anymore. My server had a lot more battlemasters than gladiators by the time I quit, I saw people almost daily with it. I'm not sure why you think it's so rare, people have had years to work on it. It's not common, but it's not exactly scarab lord or vanquisher. Maybe your server is just different?
    Your anecdotal experience does not trump the actual facts. WAY less Battlemasters than Glads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Your anecdotal experience does not trump the actual facts. WAY less Battlemasters than Glads.
    Ok, post your proof then. There are more gladiators than battlemasters, yes, because people earn the title multiple times per expansion. What I find funny is people acting like battlemaster is this rare and elusive title that you never see, when I saw it multiple times per day when I was still playing, and my server is shitty and low pop nowadays.
    Last edited by Uoyredrum; 2017-10-08 at 07:15 PM.

Ok, post your proof then. There are more gladiators than battlemasters, yes, because people earn the title multiple times per expansion. What I find funny is people acting like battlemaster is this rare and elusive title that you never see, when I saw it multiple times per day when I was still playing, and my server is shitty and low pop nowadays.
    ... you can literally search the Armory. I'm not going to do it for you, you lazy git.

Re: Bolded

Battlemaster is like sub 1% of the population.
    Gladiator is over 5%.

Ergo, it is super rare and elusive, wether you choose to believe it or not.

Re: Underlined

Literally you falling back on anecdotal experience again.

Good for you.

You see it every day. Or did, or whatever.

Guess what? Meaningless.

Im on a high-pop PvP server that has been one of the better PvP servers since the Vanilla launch (Bleeding Hollow - US) and i haven't seen a Battlemaster in a year.

That doesn't mean they aren't out there. It means i dont see them. Sample size: 1 in a game with million is irrelevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    ... you can literally search the Armory. I'm not going to do it for you, you lazy git.

Re: Bolded

Battlemaster is like sub 1% of the population.
    Gladiator is over 5%.

Ergo, it is super rare and elusive, wether you choose to believe it or not.

Re: Underlined

Literally you falling back on anecdotal experience again.

Good for you.

You see it every day. Or did, or whatever.

Guess what? Meaningless.

Im on a high-pop PvP server that has been one of the better PvP servers since the Vanilla launch (Bleeding Hollow - US) and i haven't seen a Battlemaster in a year.

That doesn't mean they aren't out there. It means i dont see them. Sample size: 1 in a game with million is irrelevant.
    Link it then. I went and looked, I didn't find what you're talking about. I haven't used the website in a while because I'm not subbed anymore. You act like a child and tell me my anecdotes are meaningless, then make claims without backing them up. It's also funny because I know people with the title on your server. Post a link and back up your claims, or stop whining about anecdotal evidence when you haven't posted anything more substantial yourself.

I did go ahead and find another website which lists Gladiator at 0.5% of the population (makes sense, since that's the cutoff, 5% is obviously bullshit), and Battlemaster is .6% for horde and .5% for alliance.

http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/glob...nt-category-95

What is World of Wargraphs ?
    Worldofwargraphs is a site that tracks and records WoW Armory PvP & PvE data and rankings. Using this data, the site builds customizable graphs, tables, statistics and rankings and displays them to you. Having trouble selecting optimal spec, glyphs, gear, class, race and arena composition ? Worldofwargraphs shows you the most popular setups successful players use ! Using this site, you can view the best classes, specs, races, talent trees, and arena comps used by top players. There are also on the site rankings of the best PvP & PvE players, rankings of the best arena teams, of the best PvE guilds, and of realms ! This data is routinely updated every second day.

No longer will you need to dig up information on forums ! All the information you need is at your fingertips. See the PvP & PvE statistics section.

Enjoy !

You didn't get glad on that other toon though. You got glad on the other one, with that specific race, class and gear. It doesn't make sense for a low level character or a fresh max level character to be running around with glad titles for example. I do also think the cost of blizzard's services are way too high and that they should have done more to fix the server population issues years ago though.
    I mean, the same could be said for Mythic/challenge mode mounts.

I feel that glad titles/mounts being character exclusive is pretty ridiculous.

Well, last time discussion about Elite sets was brought up by devs people started screaming "but mah exclusiveness!" and Holinka had to back off fast.

So yeah, people care about character exclusiveness, at least vocal people do. And that's a problem, vocal people care, silent majority is... silent, and when it comes to something as subjective as exclusiveness and how one treats it, devs kinda have to rely on what people say about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    I mean, the same could be said for Mythic/challenge mode mounts.

I feel that glad titles/mounts being character exclusive is pretty ridiculous.
    Neither of those are the same level of difficulty as getting glad though, and both are easy to carry people for and sell carries. You can sell glad carries, but it's almost always through piloting.

Yes. Stay away from my trophies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    We can argue about technicalities all day long. Fact remains: As opposed to someone who hasn't earned the title I earned the title. Depriving me of it just for the sake of satisfying God knows who irrelevant player that doesnt care and I will never meet only has an impact on me not the community.

When its time to enter a BG on an alt I will link my acc wide 2400 RBG achievement. So why can't I be Grand Marshal on my alt?

- - - Updated - - -
    Because your alt isn't a grand marshal. You have that experience as a player, not as your alt class. You can totally be a grand marshal on your alt, but if you're not, there's no reason to assume the rewards would be available for both.

My team and I have boosted over 100 players to gladiator level for free or for gold. Most of them were still shit players by the time they got to glad cut or duelist cut. Funny how we couldn't do the same in RBG where one bad is enough to lose a game over 2k.

Also battlemaster has nothing to do with just playing a lot there are tons of achievements that need a good team of randoms and since they disallowed full premades getting a team that can work together is itself an achievement. Don't just diminish all efforts to protect your thesis.
    There's plenty of terrible players over 2k in RBGs, I've seen a ton of players I'd consider shit with multiple hero of the horde titles. I've seen several who were carried for gold with grand marshal. Maybe something's different now (I know it's rampant with cheaters and horrible class balance?) but it was never that way before.

And the way you just described battlemaster is literally what one would describe as just playing a lot. You play until you get good teams to make the achievements work. That doesn't require you to be good. I know several battlemasters who are mediocre at best, they generally just spammed till they got most of the achievements, and the last few they got some friends together and spammed till they got those. There's some like Cloud Nine that are legit hard to get, but they are more about getting the right opponents than anything, they don't require you to be good. There's no thesis, I've just seen it done a lot.

Why is it so hard for people to understand that when we say: "I want pvp cosmetic rewards to be account wide because it's silly to see other cosmetic rewards be account wide and the pvp ones not." it doesn't mean that those who like the "exclusiveness" will loose their rewards? If you want to use the mount/title/whatever on your single character that earned those rewards go ahead, I'm not stopping you, but let me have the CHOICE of using said rewards on whichever character I have on my account. It was me who earned it by playing the game, said character didn't play itself alone.

Let me phrase another way:

You won a hat at the costume party using your costume number 1 as the entry. If we treat it like a pvp reward then the costume would represent your character and the hat could be the title you earn. That way you would only be allowed to use that hat when you're wearing the costume number 1. Does that makes sense? If you had two costumes and the hat looked good on both of them wouldn't you like to use it on both costumes?