Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure a 12-year old was capable of making that choice.
    if they weren't over ruled by parents courts ect then ya id say so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    I mean,

If someone becomes a convicted sex offender after having kids, are their children taken away?
    That's actually a really good point, didn't think about that, and haven't really heard about such a thing happening. But I would have to guess that there probably have been some child protection agency that pleaded to get a kid remove from a home because the parent had been a very aggressive sex offender.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    To be fair, it seems it was an automatic process that started when the rapist applied for state assistance.
    No, it likely started when the victim applied for state assistance, because the state is traing to potentially get money from the father.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    That's actually a really good point, didn't think about that, and haven't really heard about such a thing happening. But I would have to guess that there probably have been some child protection agency that pleaded to get a kid remove from a home because the parent had been a very aggressive sex offender.
    Well, if they have younger siblings then they are often banned from the home when they become adults.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    That is absolutely horrible. The Judge needs to be removed from the bench.
    Apparently they were told the mother agreed to it. (According to the article in the OP.)

What a joke of a system...

10+ Year Old Account
    25 to life being pleaded down to 1 year because of "first timer" and "Prisons make people worse" on a triple kidnapping/hostage taking? Uh huh, sure. That second one is a fact that has been ignored since prisons became a thing.

So what I'm getting from this is there was no actual evidence, and all they could tag the dude with was a weak single statutory rape charge. That would blur the lines quite a bit during a custody case, since it isn't out of the realm of possibility that a 12 year old girl could want to have sex with an older boy with a car whom she just met, and regret it later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Dys View Post
    25 to life being pleaded down to 1 year because of "first timer" and "Prisons make people worse" on a triple kidnapping/hostage taking? Uh huh, sure. That second one is a fact that has been ignored since prisons became a thing.

So what I'm getting from this is there was no actual evidence, and all they could tag the dude with was a weak single statutory rape charge. That would blur the lines quite a bit during a custody case, since it isn't out of the realm of possibility that a 12 year old girl could want to have sex with an older boy with a car whom she just met, and regret it later.
    I'm sure its impossible for the justice system to have failed.

What the fuck. I have nothing more to add.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

This is a whole new level of nuts. It’s disgusting. Our legal system is a joke.

Literally nothing to do with feminism, or gender of anyone.

If this were a case of a 23 year old female teacher who'd violently raped a 13 year old male student, and he took full custody of the resulting child after it was born, and she was paying child support to him, and then applied for state assistance on release and got this same decision, I'd be ruling in favor of the victimized father.

To keep as many factors as possible the same while only swapping the genders of the two, and which was made pregnant. Funnily enough, it doesn't change my stance, because it has nothing at all to do with gender.

I know you wish I were biased, but projecting bullshit onto my arguments without making any effort to understand what I'm saying isn't the winning tactic you think it is.
    Why would anyone have to pay child support to the rapist? She should not have custody in the first place.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Why would anyone have to pay child support to the rapist? She should not have custody in the first place.
    I think people see the wrong issue there

A rapist should not get the child that was the product of the rape, only thing the rapist should get is the duty to pay child support*

The rape victim should get to choose to keep the child or not (possibly giving it up for adoption)

Problem solved.

*) edit: Obviously the rapist should also get his/her prison sentence.. if necessary (s)he must produce more license plates per week to finance child support or whatever people do to get money
    Last edited by Xarkan; 2017-10-08 at 09:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    parent licensees or checks is a pretty stupid idea always has been.
    I am really persuaded by your abundance of arguments.

I always thought it odd people may have children just because.. they can. I mean how stupid a reason is that?

And just to be clear here, you cant imagine (/ know) any people unsuit to be parents?

Deleted
    What?

The first conviction (for "third-degree sexual misconduct", as a plea deal) should have been enough to prevent this kind of claim.
    No not at all.
    It's been clearly established that rape doesn't matter to these thing's otherwise, how could you justify making rape victims pay child support.
    Or wait, are you going to say that it's different because the victims is female?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    I am really persuaded by your abundance of arguments.

I always thought it odd people may have children just because.. they can. I mean how stupid a reason is that?

And just to be clear here, you cant imagine (/ know) any people unsuit to be parents?
    a law or licensee is a stupid idea as it would be next to impossible to enforce a violation of human rights and any test you could put into place for such a thing wouldn't mean much and people could still get around it.

people can have children as its part of human biology and you have no right to dictate what others can do with there biology.

i know people show are probably unsuited not that that's relevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    If you'd bothered to read my posts, you'd have seen I'm arguing that 1) the rapist should get no custody rights, and 2) the rapist should pay child support. There is no circumstance where the rapist should be getting child support, given those two principles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    No not at all.
    It's been clearly established that rape doesn't matter to these thing's otherwise, how could you justify making rape victims pay child support.
    Or wait, are you going to say that it's different because the victims is female?
    Neither. You, like so many others, are making up shit you wish I'd said, rather than paying attention to what I am actually saying.

Grant him custody rights, invite him to come visit, and then by some unknown process he is never seen again.

Deleted
    Literally nothing to do with feminism,
    The bastardization of justice in these matters are squarely the fault of feminism.
    or gender of anyone.
    Of course it fucking matters - NOW runs a campaign to statutorily remove the paternity rights of 'rapists' yet they do not spend a singular cent to fix the (what they certainly don't even fucking see as a problem) of rape victims being made to pay child support, provided they are male of course.
    If this were a case of a 23 year old female teacher who'd violently raped a 13 year old male student, and he took full custody of the resulting child after it was born, and she was paying child support to him, and then applied for state assistance on release and got this same decision, I'd be ruling in favor of the victimized father.
    Should she ever be able to get custody?
    the answer is no.
    Should he ever be forced to pay a cent?
    the answer is no.
    Is that the case right now?
    Nope.
    so fuck this girl, it's only fair.

- - - Updated - - -

If you'd bothered to read my posts, you'd have seen I'm arguing that 1) the rapist should get no custody rights,
    But they do currently, and then it should fuck women over just as much as men.
    Neither. You, like so many others, are making up shit you wish I'd said, rather than paying attention to what I am actually saying.
    No we are just subjecting you to reality.
    And the reality is that this girl will most likely get redress, but the literally thousands of male rape victims being made to pay child support are not, and will never get redress and no one gives a shit - You shouldn't give a shit about this as much as you don't give a shit about the thousands of cases where boys are fucked over.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Find it.

I'm willing to bet that their cases are/were more like "he/she was a sex offender AND the current environment the kid is in isn't ideal.

Releasing someone from prison comes with the assumption that someone is ready to re-enter society. And since sexual misconduct doesn't disqualify someone as a parent, it's not surprising that this guy got some paternal rights. It usually comes with having to pay child support.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Find it.

I'm willing to bet that their cases are/were more like "he/she was a sex offender AND the current environment the kid is in isn't ideal.

Releasing someone from prison comes with the assumption that someone is ready to re-enter society. And since sexual misconduct doesn't disqualify someone as a parent, it's not surprising that this guy got some paternal rights. It usually comes with having to pay child support.
    It is pretty darn hard to find, that sentence leads to a whole lot of child rapists, rapists children, incest and just plain sex offenders. Even found a thread here on MMOC from 2014. So it potentially have never happened.

But yeah you are right, it would have to be a rather hard case to file, since being released would indicate that you are considered safe for society, which would include family life.
    The comment I initially made was more so on the level of how we usually treat and perceive sexual offenders, and handing child custody to one was a bit surprising. But I guess the judge didn't see a problem with it.