Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I guess that dude, totally overlooked that a moderator of the sub-forum was contributing to the topic... Lol.

I must admit, I am enjoying the Alleria addition though I have to agree, they need to make this steady, build upon it and definitely show the struggles that ensue. Not only would it be nice for it to be paced rather than A to B straight away but add more development and prestige to the Void in general. The Light seems like a rewarding endeavour that seems pretty much effortless because being devote will automatically make the believer run with it, without question and obedience. It's almost a physical attribute to it. Whereas the Void is chaotic and alluring, it needs a sound mind, it's all about the mentality of the user so exploring Alleria with her "attachments" as Locus Walker will give it a unique approach rather than the dated, overwhelming situation that is cliche in itself.

Though I don't live in hope on that front. I have enjoyed the exchanges between the Locus Walker and her, but judging from the previous Blizzard experiences I am not banking on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping that Alleria can be the bridge between the Windrunner sisters. Perhaps the void/shadow can be the go between with Sylv's shadow/undeath, if anything I would really like a open hand to allow the High Elves back to Silvermoon. Always thought it was sad if families or long time friends separated by ideology or situation. I dont care about blue eyes being playable but more in the lines of how Brown Orcs are in the horde but not playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    I'm hoping that Alleria can be the bridge between the Windrunner sisters. Perhaps the void/shadow can be the go between with Sylv's shadow/undeath, if anything I would really like a open hand to allow the High Elves back to Silvermoon. Always thought it was sad if families or long time friends separated by ideology or situation. I dont care about blue eyes being playable but more in the lines of how Brown Orcs are in the horde but not playable.
    I actually hope for this too even if Varessa becomes the black sheep in acceptance. Fuck her really, her character has been really predictable and quite tedious. If Alleria and Sylvanas at least accompany each other, I'd love it that for once Sylvanas has a happy moment because literally for her it's always been 'pass me the bread knife' moment time and time again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    This thread is full of grown men that are angry over a childrens story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    You people are literally upset over storylines meant for teens and expect some next level writing out of a video game.

Who cares honestly. Game is basically a parody of some random anime meant for teenage boys.

Infracted.
    Gonna bet you're part of the infamous "this is a game and don't need to be taken seriously" squad that get butthurt everytime someone exposes a little bit of criticism while conveniently twisting "criticism" into "anger".

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I'm hoping that is nature of the Alleria's story-arc going forward, assuming she continues to be a character the game focuses on to some extent. Her private war with the Void and the ebb and flow of her self-possession should be a key part of her ongoing development. But to be fair she's not really show an extreme excess of power just yet - she can collapse Void portals, excise chunks of walls, and presumably empower her own archery abilities with Void-based energies. This isn't really anything we've not seen other NPC's do during "cutscene power to the max" type segments, such as Khadgar unifying the three Mage energies to blow a hole in a reinforced damn, Illidan one-shotting Xe'ra with an eye blast, or Velen nuking Talgath with some form of Light ability.
    Well, the Legion's assassin seemed literally terrified by Alleria. He was one of Kil'jaeden's most trained and prepared units and Alleria degraded him to "unfunny joke" status.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    I guess that dude, totally overlooked that a moderator of the sub-forum was contributing to the topic... Lol.
    Unfortunately (for them) their usual amount of wit is inverserly proportional to the amount of wits they're convinced to possess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post

Well, the Legion's assassin seemed literally terrified by Alleria. He was one of Kil'jaeden's most trained and prepared units and Alleria degraded him to "unfunny joke" status.
    It was "Holy fuck a main character" moment for him. Its the same as in anime/manga when you are bad guy and think you are badass but then you see a black haired teenage boy with katana surrounded by 3-10 girls and realise he is main character and you are screwed.

Can't win against main protags.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with HUMANITY FUCK YEAH. Especially if mass genocide of non-humans is main form of presenting that mentality. The issue is when humans are presented to be "just" better than other races regardless of any strenght or weaknesses that should be present in setting.

Bring him back. #warlordsofazeroth
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post

I support this. Humanity is in peril after all.

10+ Year Old Account

Burn the trees ! Salt the soil ! We will retake Jerusalem Azeroth for its rightful owners !

Drain the swamp with Garithos.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I'm hoping that is nature of the Alleria's story-arc going forward, assuming she continues to be a character the game focuses on to some extent. Her private war with the Void and the ebb and flow of her self-possession should be a key part of her ongoing development. But to be fair she's not really show an extreme excess of power just yet - she can collapse Void portals, excise chunks of walls, and presumably empower her own archery abilities with Void-based energies. This isn't really anything we've not seen other NPC's do during "cutscene power to the max" type segments, such as Khadgar unifying the three Mage energies to blow a hole in a reinforced damn, Illidan one-shotting Xe'ra with an eye blast, or Velen nuking Talgath with some form of Light ability.
    I just replayed the first part of the Argus questline and when she appears to kill that first mob she doesn't come out of stealth, she pops out of a void rift (small, but noticeable), frees Turaylon and 'the champion' from the fel bindings then shoots a bunch of void infused arrows all MM style. There are also some flavor text bits about her notching arrows faster than the eye can see.
    So they hint at her having a bunch more power, but I'm wondering if it is just fully infused nether crucible stuff. Hints of next xpac's talent trees.

Did you guys know about the 4th Windrunner sister though?

She's one of the finest ranger generals of Quel'Thalas but very shy and powerful. In fact one of the most powerful Windrunner sister of all. She had big crush on varian wrynn but was supposed to get married to kaelthas sunstrider when she came of age (she is 1000 year old Elf but only about 16 in human years)
    She receive bow training since she was a young girl from the greatest archers in Azeroth and quickly became better than all her masters combined she even able to shoot over 600 yards and not miss her target
    When the Scrooge invaded her homeland she had to make choice between killing them all by herself or saving her sisters she chose to save her sisters but could not save Sylvanas so in her grief retreated into the woods and was never heard from again.

Favorite catchphrase: "heh... nothing personel Orc"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post

She's one of the finest ranger generals of Quel'Thalas but very shy and powerful. In fact one of the most powerful Windrunner sister of all. She had big crush on varian wrynn but was supposed to get married to kaelthas sunstrider when she came of age (she is 1000 year old Elf but only about 16 in human years)
    She receive bow training since she was a young girl from the greatest archers in Azeroth and quickly became better than all her masters combined she even able to shoot over 600 yards and not miss her target
    When the Scrooge invaded her homeland she had to make choice between killing them all by herself or saving her sisters she chose to save her sisters but could not save Sylvanas so in her grief retreated into the woods and was never heard from again.

Coldsteel the windrunner ?

Hire this man Blizz
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Hire this man Blizz
    Every new expansion should have a new Windrunner. And each should have a superpower. Ice elf, Magma elf, Electro elf. Just create a shitty squad of elven magic girls.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I am a dark and angry Windrunner that uses shadow magic and a bow! I also love a human!

I'm more interested in characters that aren't dumb fantasy cliches like humanxelf love. I would have liked learning more about the grand Lector, any of the soldiers of the army of light that weren't wish fulfillment human paladin and his elven waifu.
    I want more info about Locus walker.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Every new expansion should have a new Windrunner. And each should have a superpower. Ice elf, Magma elf, Electro elf. Just create a shitty squad of elven magic girls.
    And they all lay with humans. Because why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    And they all lay with humans. Because why not?
    They actually fight over a single human. Because, you know, the clichès involved are not enough so adding a love triangle or even a love dodecahedron is surely necessary.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    They actually fight over a single human. Because, you know, the clichès involved are not enough so adding a love triangle or even a love dodecahedron is surely necessary.
    And its cool guy mcwishfullfilment with unexplained powers that make him stronger than any elf, and wiser too and a heart full of gold that gets him all the elven ladies.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

And its cool guy mcwishfullfilment with unexplained powers that make him stronger than any elf, and wiser too and a heart full of gold that gets him all the elven ladies.
    But you forgot the most important character trait of all.

Is he a Paladin?

Hope We get to see her in the next expansion.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing