Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Features From Other MMOs You'd Like To See In WoW

I just played some EverQuest and Wildstar and there is a Lore panel included in the game.
    It keeps tracks of all the things you discovered throughout the world and gives descriptions on npcs, objects, phenomena and the like. I'd like for WoW to include a comprehensive lore guide into the game at some point.

What are the features you'd liek to see added?

A mentor mode where i can delevel temporarily my character to the character level of a friend to do content with them in a normal way instead of boosting them through it with my max level.

I believe Everquest 2 had such a feature if i remember it correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    there is an addon called ''bestquest'' I think that gives you information on every location you discover, lore and story npcs involved, it is meant for starting characters tho, because if you put it on a end level one you will spammed a lot.

Guild Wars 2 introduced mounts with their new expansion. Mounts, that have a purpose and can interact with the world. If you've seen those mounts every mount in WoW is just boring... and ugly. I'd wish we would have some mount interactions in WoW as well.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Armour dye. And a transmog system that you can do anywhere with some sort of consumable item like GW2's transmutation tokens or FFXIV's glamour prisms.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    Armour dye. And a transmog system that you can do anywhere with some sort of consumable item like GW2's transmutation tokens or FFXIV's glamour prisms.
    There is kind of. The Yak mount.

But there should be a cheaper alternative imo.

Dye would be tough because I don't think it would work with old gear sets. Least I recall them saying that in an old interview or Blizzcon panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    There is kind of. The Yak mount.

But there should be a cheaper alternative imo.

Dye would be tough because I don't think it would work with old gear sets. Least I recall them saying that in an old interview or Blizzcon panel.
    Game wasn't built around dye so yea, dye would be hard.

I'd love to see the roulette system from FFXIV make it's way over, they'd need a different "Timewalking" setup, but it gives variety, you'd also need some reason to do it so you could probably bring back things like valor.

Deleted
    A loot system that is not based on random procs! MMOs such as World of Warcraft have had a system like this! It's awesome! It's exciting to kill bosses and get loot drops, instead of being perpetually disappointed that your gear piece didn't get the required TF/WF proc.

I'd like that.

Deleted
    SWTOR transmog - that is, applying the visual overlay to a slot, not an item, and being able to apply two colours to it.
    SWTOR storytelling with cutscenes. Current system does not keep the attention of 2017 gamer well enough. My GF joined in MoP and I still have to do story recaps for her every now and again.
    SWTOR-style player housing.
    GW2 quality of mounts. WoW looks just pitifully sad in comparison and I'm not even talking the sheer eye candy involved, but the small extras: raptor's movement has all the expected inertia and associated choreographies, there are also adorable idle animations oh and your mount can start the combat for you with at least a hit, and later a special, like raptor's AoE grip.
    GW2 glider. No, consumable BS does not replace it. GW2 version is much more similar to DH's ability.
    GW2 gathering with fully personal nodes everywhere and skins as drops. Or maybe not, if blizdevs ever get forced to do something so humane, they will immediately also add depleting gathering tools of varying power and make sure they're relatively 3x more expensive than in GW2.
    Allods mercenaries. Oh, the delicious crying it would cause here <3

Pah, too many to list really.

The customizable UI feature from SWTOR.

10+ Year Old Account
    ArcheAge ships and housing. Supersize our old world a bit.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    A +1 crafting system, i.e if your level of crafting is high enough you can create a piece of gear or weapon that is +1, that has minor stat improvements to the original. ala ffxi

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Game wasn't built around dye so yea, dye would be hard.
    Moreover, Blizz use gear recolours as rewards for various difficulties of content. They defo aren't going to throw them away.

FFXIV-like crafting, dyes, housing, multi-class system.
    Everquest2-like crafting, housing.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-10-09 at 07:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If wow got the swtor aproach to quest I will be as happy as a gay dude with 2 asses.

Deleted
    Death exp penalty, so when you die, you really feel it. Say lose like 10% of exp, also you can level down

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BanHammer View Post
    I just played some EverQuest and Wildstar and there is a Lore panel included in the game.
    It keeps tracks of all the things you discovered throughout the world and gives descriptions on npcs, objects, phenomena and the like. I'd like for WoW to include a comprehensive lore guide into the game at some point.
    there is - they are called wowpedia and wowhead.

Quote Originally Posted by OneDayYouMay View Post
    Death exp penalty, so when you die, you really feel it. Say lose like 10% of exp, also you can level down
    If you goal is to kill wow in the west, sure.

I really like the Trading skill from Black Desert Online. I'm not saying I think WoW needs that exact thing, but the idea of it would be great. You know, give people entirely separate paths of advancement they can work on if they don't feel like doing the normal things for a while.