Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    That is basically insane. Nobody can breed then, because nobody, no woman anyway, can save up enough money to be that available or make sure they are their for that and still be fertile by the end of it. As a biology lesson here, us women don't have unlimited time to make a healthy child. Second, almost no parent can give that kind of attention.

A) You are either a helicopter parent who stifles your kid.

B) You are not attentive enough.

Bullying is part of childhood. We put kids alone in a pre-fabricated social hierarchy surrounded by kids they don't know and surprise surprise they form hierarchies of dominance and cruelty to establish a pecking order. If you realistically want to curb bullying, you basically have to completely restructure education or do Home Schooling.
    'Almost no parent can give that kind of attention.' Today I learn that 'making time to be a parent' is apparently the same thing as being a helicopter parent.

I was criticizing parents who are so exhausted from a whole day's work that they can't find a few hours a day to be an actual parent. The opposite of this is *not* having 24/7 for a kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by WurstKaeseSzenario View Post
    Giving asshole kids the ability to get rid of their parents. What could go wrong?
    Hey wurst, wanna come over and play xbox all night? Just got my parents thrown in jail for 15 day lolol

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Another reason not to have kids.

They’re a nuisance that could get you thrown in jail.

After both parents spend 8+ hours a day at work, a few hours doing errands, household chores, and preparing meals they must also spend every waking moment preventing their kids from being mean at school. Perhaps parents shouldn't just stop sleeping?

What can parents do other than tell them to stop? Its illegal usually to hit your kid.
    Didn't say it's easy Theo, but being a parent isn't supposed to be easy.

You have a obligation to raise a well adjusted child that isn't a sociopath.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    What age would you start charging individuals as fully culpable for their actions?
    18 I suppose.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I'm not big on holding people accountable for things they did't do (the kids are the bullies, not the parents) but ultimately the parents are responsible for their children and if they aren't doing more to keep their kids from harassing others, should be penalized.
    This, 100%. Expel the kid from school and ban them from all schools in the district. That's how you treat shit stains like bullies, and you are still invariably punishing the parents.

While there is a link between the parents and what their child became, I feel a 'bit' exaggerated to jail parents in such a case.

Parents of kids get sued all the time for stuff their kids do.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by WurstKaeseSzenario View Post
    Giving asshole kids the ability to get rid of their parents. What could go wrong?
    Brand new South Park incoming. Wonder if it will also be children of the corn.

I don’t know how I feel about this, mainly because I don’t feel like childhood bullying has any sort of permanent negative effect on the victim. It sounds ridiculous putting parents in jail for this.
    Stoneskin, Mana Spring, Wrath of Air, Totem of Wrath...

Deleted
    After both parents spend 8+ hours a day at work, a few hours doing errands, household chores, and preparing meals they must also spend every waking moment preventing their kids from being mean at school. Perhaps parents shouldn't just stop sleeping?

What can parents do other than tell them to stop? Its illegal usually to hit your kid.
    or parents can include their children in those chores and errands and give them attention adn teach them respect which diverts their energy into something productive instead of unloading it by bullying, Theo.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtsinchaos View Post
    I don’t know how I feel about this, mainly because I don’t feel like childhood bullying has any sort of permanent negative effect on the victim. It sounds ridiculous putting parents in jail for this.
    I disagree. Bullying does have an effect. I know this personally. Day to day bullying in 5th grade. (not daily, but very common) Created a long shockwave of negative effects. I tried to fake being sick. I grew more reclusive. Due to missing school, I fell behind my education, while I went on to middle school (and that was another tale) I was put in the special needs classes. I used to have plenty of friends, but as i grew more reclusive. I stopped trying to interact as I had fallen into a slight depression. I was chubby in elementary school, but not obese. As the bullying increased so did my weight. As I grew more inwards, my mental development slowed a bit along with my maturity. Which going into high school. After years of bullying. I wasn't mature enough. I failed a lot of classes.

Getting bullied once or twice isn't going to have a permanent effect. But, bullying is never once or twice. When a bully finds a target. They become leeches. It becomes an ongoing thing and over time it becomes a death of a thousand cuts.

I disagree with jail, maybe a fine.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    or parents can include their children in those chores and errands and give them attention adn teach them respect which diverts their energy into something productive instead of unloading it by bullying, Theo.
    "Hey kid, go stand in line at the gas and electric company and ask this complicated question about a meter problem."..... more realistically your the parent with a bored child who wanders around getting into trouble or doing something they aren't supposed to do while you try and fix something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Didn't say it's easy Theo, but being a parent isn't supposed to be easy.

You have a obligation to raise a well adjusted child that isn't a sociopath.
    Yet nobody succeeds because everyone at some point gets bullied or bullies other kids, depending on the definition of bullying, every single person is both guilty and a victim at one point or another.

When I was in High School in America I got made fun of for an accent and small tits. Should those girls parents be jailed? Fuck no.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    'Almost no parent can give that kind of attention.' Today I learn that 'making time to be a parent' is apparently the same thing as being a helicopter parent.

I was criticizing parents who are so exhausted from a whole day's work that they can't find a few hours a day to be an actual parent. The opposite of this is *not* having 24/7 for a kid.
    Because there is no exact time invested one can give that is enough. I mean, put it this way, one could never sleep, eat or work and spend every waking second with their child and I guess that would be enough but you and I both know that is impracticable.

What does "Be a parent" mean in your eyes? Please tell me what you do with your kids?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Good stuff! About time we stepped up accountability.

https://globalnews.ca/news/3792785/p..._campaign=2014
    parents say schools aren't doing enough, so they'll make a law to jail the parents?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post

yup that's what they do lol, but tennisace here with zero experience will tell you otherwise....
    Hard to have kids with a Justin Trudeau body pillow I'd imagine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    parents say schools aren't doing enough, so they'll make a law to jail the parents?
    At the end of the day the nature of the school system creates bullying anyway.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Shouldn't you be focusing on your newborn and not posting on the internet though. Not sure this is ethical.
    Don't pry into other's affairs. It's rude.
    Hypocrite.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theodarzna View Post
    hard to have kids with a justin trudeau body pillow i'd imagine.
    ROOOOOFLMAO hahahah

My newborn either wants to be fed, wants to nap, or poops, and lives in her crib right now. I mean should I just stand over her 24/7?
    Oddly, I never outgrew those things. Congrats on your bundle of joy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Punish the parents for little Jimmy being a little cunt, that'll be swell. /S
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
    nice. now these parents can lose their jobs because little timmy was an asshole. sounds 10/10
    Maybe they deserve to lose their jobs if they don't want to be responsible for little Timmy. Fuck little Timmy for making their family destitute and fuck that family for letting it happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Oddly, I never outgrew those things. Congrats on your bundle of joy!
    I envy her, I really do. Just her ability to sleep whenever.