Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Something new =/= cringey fanfiction
    So a character turning to the dark side is now fanfiction, because?

I think he's thinking the trailer shows a potential romantic relationship between Rey and Kylo, which is a total reach.

If it wasn't clever editing, I imagine it being more of an emo sibling relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    So a character turning to the dark side is now fanfiction, because?
    Where exactly did i say that? Do you even know what reylo is? Google it and get in the know. It's fucking garbage.

Hopeful this is either an editing trick or something entirely differently, the entire trilogy will be ruined if the reylo theory comes true.

Ive fallen out of the star wars universe after the shitty prequels, the awful new edits and the underwhelming new ones but this trailer has actually gotten me pumped.

Horrible trailer with mimic scene of the xwings over the water this time some skimmer over sand and luke being a little bitch instead of rebuilding the order like he should have done.

The Force Awakens was underwhelming but it was what it needed to be especially seeing that Disney just spent billions on the franchise and couldnt afford to take the risks so early in the franchise.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hard to tell how much of the trailer portrays actual scenes and how much is just clever editing. I will say that Rey face-heel turning is one of the more interesting things they could do, assuming it's not just misleading editing.

I'm starting to think that the most compelling way to play out this new trilogy would be to make it an "Empire Strikes Back" to the "New Hope" of the classic trilogy, complete with a bad ending. Then the next trilogy could be about the heroes clawing their way back from the brink and earning really meaningful victories, with Kylo Ren pulling his own Vader-esque turn, but over the course of several movies.

I don't think Kylo can pull a Vader-esque turn. Especially if he kills Leia in this movie.

Deleted
    Kylo forgiven? Fuck no, kill the bastard!

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Hard to tell how much of the trailer portrays actual scenes and how much is just clever editing. I will say that Rey face-heel turning is one of the more interesting things they could do, assuming it's not just misleading editing.
    Kylo voice over only make sense if he is talking to Rey as well. Who else would he say to: Kill the past if you have to.

Also luke in his black coat in that cave. There is multiple scene with that. They seems out of order. One of them has Luke on the ground. Another has Rey in a darker different outfit with her hair back rising up in front of him.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Kylo voice over only make sense if he is talking to Rey as well. Who else would he say to: Kill the past if you have to.
    Himself. We already saw him talking to his dead Grandfather before. Him indoktrinating himself isn't that much of a stretch. Also, Rey has no past that she's aware of, or any ties there.

I also think that Luke may not be referrencing Kylo Ben when he's saying 'that kind of raw power didn't frighten me enough when I forst saw it', for what we have seen from him to this point was rather mediocre (powerlevel wise.) I think he's probably talking about either Vader or the Emperor, both of whom he underestimated gravely.

The Emperor might make sense. Luke went into that fight super confident, some might say overly confident.

Deleted
    So the chosen one was anakin, and then luke..no, let retcon that into a female, rey...

...and the walkers, this is empire strikes back, or jar jar abrams strikes back..or people like him...

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The Emperor might make sense. Luke went into that fight super confident, some might say overly confident.
    Eh, if you're referring to Return of the Jedi's end, Luke didn't go to the fight. He went there to die and keep the focus of Vader (and Emperor) on himself rather than the attempt at Endor, which of course failed. He did not intend to fight at all and was goaded into it by Emperor, losing his control and composure, taking first steps towards the dark path he nearly fell to by the end of the fight.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Mixed feelings. Rey is a terrible Mary Sue, and actress is some sort of flesh fused monstrosity, made out of dozen adolescent boys. Kylo looks like rat. Then there those 2 very much progressive stormtroopers. I'm sure that Snoke will turn out to be an otherkin, Padme clone who decided to go on hormone therapy.

Cracking rock symbolises the series. The only thing missing is gas.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    Mixed feelings. Rey is a terrible Mary Sue, and actress is some sort of flesh fused monstrosity, made out of dozen adolescent boys. Kylo looks like rat. Then there those 2 very much progressive stormtroopers. I'm sure that Snoke will turn out to be an otherkin, Padme clone who decided to go on hormone therapy.

Thanks for letting us know how Ann Coulter feels about the trailer

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    So the chosen one was anakin, and then luke..no, let retcon that into a female, rey...

...and the walkers, this is empire strikes back, or jar jar abrams strikes back..or people like him...
    The chosen one was always anakin. He brought balance to the force when he turned on the Jedi who made it off balance then brought balance again when he killed the emperor leaving only Luke and Layla as more or less non Jedi.

- - - Updated - - -

What's wrong with phaza and Finn?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavick View Post
    Thanks for letting us know how Ann Coulter feels about the trailer
    Grattitude is all yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    The chosen one was always anakin. He brought balance to the force when he turned on the Jedi who made it off balance then brought balance again when he killed the emperor leaving only Luke and Layla as more or less non Jedi.

- - - Updated - - -

What's wrong with phaza and Finn?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Grattitude is all yours.

Um can I have a legit answer now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    Um can I have a legit answer now?
    They are too progressive.