Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    so when you have a gun pointed at you and your told to do somthing, in order to not get killed you do the exact opposite of what your told to do? Sorry but thats fucking retarded.
    It's fight or flight.
    Who says that the dude doesn't kill me anyways after I turned off the enigne in this case?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Which is pretty much another way to say what I already did in the quote. The problem overall is the guy holding the gun and had it drawn had the responsibility because he had the power or upper hand.
    Not really. Your original line implied the driver thought out the situation methodically and chose to ignore the authority when in reality he very likely just instinctively ran for his life.

And the problem is the home owner took up his gun, which I kind of understand as he heard a noise and went to investigate. The issue arises that when he saw it was just an accident, he chose to impose his authority as you put it inappropriately.

Just a couple of responsible gun owners practicing their 2nd amendment rights...amirite?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    he pointed a gun and told him to turn the engine off. I dont know about you but when someone points a gun at me and tells me to do somthing i dont do the exact opposite of what they tell me to do. Becuase doing that would be fucking retarded.
    Here is what is retarded: Approaching someone who just had an accident and pointing your gun at him.

The driver had no idea what Sanderson was planning to based on the way Sanderson was behaving it's obvious that he feared that he was about to be assaulted.

FYI I have seen two car crashes on my street where pickups crashed through someone's wall. No one charged out with guns. People came and did what they could to help the people. The obvious opening introduction is "Are you ok". Not "Cut the Engine" with a gun aimed at them.

He was told to turn his car off to eliminate the chance of him fucking up that dudes shit and just driving off.
    Yeah, I get it, Sanderson didn't want the guy driving off to avoid paying for the damage. But his actions were idiotic and precipated exactly what happened. ie, he feared the guy would drive off. The guy wouldn't have driven off, but he did so when a raging lunatic pointed a gun at him and started shouting.

seems the father was trying to shoot the tires and the son just herd gunshots and came out running. I think you should read the article a little more and find out what the term "decide to murder" means.
    Yeah, I agree. Not really attempted murder. More like assault with a deadly weapon and reckless endangerment. If they'd actually killed someone it would have been culpible homicide. Not that it makes it ok.

yes and? He came out with a gun, said to turn the engine off and the idiot drove off. The fucking homeowner didnt want a hit and run, this shit happens all the time. I know plenty of friends whos fences, garages ect have been fucked up by people late at night or drunk and they drove off and the homeowner is stuck with the entire bill. Go live in the ghetto and then you might understand why the homeowner responded this way.
    His frustration and concerns are understable. Doesn't justify his actions though.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    so when you have a gun pointed at you and your told to do somthing, in order to not get killed you do the exact opposite of what your told to do? Sorry but thats fucking retarded.
    Depends on the situation. It's a risk either way and you have to make a call based on what option you think is less risky. Honestly given the scenario described and how it turned out, I would argue that the driver actually made the correct call. Clearly Sanderson is bit unhinged (and we know this based not only on his actions but also on how his son, who he raised and taught, responded). Had the dude elected to obey the instruction he might very well be dead today, the victim of a crazy vigilante resident who snapped after what he thought was a reckless drunk took out his fence.

When someone crashes usually the first response is to check if the person is okay not to point a gun at them. What the fuck was he thinking.

Deleted
    Another case of "responsible gun owners"..

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Depends on the situation. It's a risk either way and you have to make a call based on what option you think is less risky. Honestly given the scenario described and how it turned out, I would argue that the driver actually made the correct call. Clearly Sanderson is bit unhinged (and we know this based not only on his actions but also on how his son, who he raised and taught, responded). Had the dude elected to obey the instruction he might very well be dead today, the victim of a crazy vigilante resident who snapped after what he thought was a reckless drunk took out his fence.
    says someone whos never lived in an area with alot of property hit and runs. Go talk to people who have delt with this and i can guarantee that they would respond the same fucking way. Pretty sure if the homeowner wanted to kill him he would have pulled the trigger immediatly instead of telling him to turn the engine off.

Its no different than some kid fucking up someones property and the home owner coming out with a shotgun telling them to stop.

its pretty evident none of you have lived in an area where this is an issue and have never had to deal with it so your out of touch with the situation.
    Last edited by Zeta333; 2017-10-10 at 09:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    Not really. Your original line implied the driver thought out the situation methodically and chose to ignore the authority when in reality he very likely just instinctively ran for his life.

And the problem is the home owner took up his gun, which I kind of understand as he heard a noise and went to investigate. The issue arises that when he saw it was just an accident, he chose to impose his authority as you put it inappropriately.
    I neither inferred or implied what the home owner was specifically thinking. I spoke to his culture evident by his and his sons behavior.

The other guy drove off and by that action says to me that he didn’t want to give authority to someone with whom he rather risk death obviously by fleeing vs facing whatever worse he thought if he didn’t whatever that might be.

As for the homeowner asserting his authority incorrectly, I would say it’s besides the point. It was the home owners actions with the gun that was in serious error.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    We're clearly missing a massive chunk of the story. How does one have their fence crashed into and then have time to find their gun, then start firing nonstop all while that person sits there in their vehicle.
    Huh, what, Oh shit! Wall! Aarrgh.....silence. Count to 10.

Ok, I just nodded off. But it's ok, I'm still alive. Car's still running. Windshield looks fine. Fuck, I'm in someone's yard and their fence is down. What is the insurance going to say? Shit, I hope they pay, otherwise that's my bonus gone. Still shaking, damn, that could've been really bad. Doesn't feel like I am hurting anywhere, that's a good thing. Aargh, how could I be so stupid. Should've stayed awake. I'd probably better speak to the homeowner. Shit, he's going to be pissed, I know I would be. Man, this is a mess. I wonder if the guy is awake. Do I get out and go ring his doorbell? What exactly do I tell him? Or maybe he'll come out and see what happened. Oh wait, yeah, the lights just went on. Ok, calm down. Shit happens. Just be calm and reasonable. The insurance will pay for the damage. I'll apologise, it'll be o...what the f...fuck! he's got a gun! Fuck, he's going to kill me, drive fuckit, fuck fuck! Drive damnit, what the fuck, Jesus Christ, "I'll pay for your fenc..." fuck, fuck fuck!

Deleted
    Its no different than some kid fucking up someones property and the home owner coming out with a shotgun telling them to stop.
    WTF?

/10chars

Quote Originally Posted by jiggler View Post
    WTF?

/10chars
    These are things that happen in the real world.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    says someone whos never lived in an area with alot of property hit and runs. Go talk to people who have delt with this and i can guarantee that they would respond the same fucking way.
    Like I already said, I understand the impulse. But it doesn't justify the response.

Pretty sure if the homeowner wanted to kill him he would have pulled the trigger immediatly instead of telling him to turn the engine off.
    Are you seriously trying to present a case that the driver should have known that he was in no danger? Don't be silly please.

Actually it's very different. One is a pre-meditated, conscious act of vandalism, the other is an unintentional accident.

its pretty evident none of you have lived in an area where this is an issue and have never had to deal with it so your out of touch with the situation.
    So just because I don't support the notion of reacting like a savage to things that upset me? No, like I said, it's one thing to understand why they would have reacted the way they did. But it's a completely different thing to condone it.

or maby they didnt want someone to crash into thier shit and drive away? They told him to cut the engine, but the fucking retard sped off. I dont think id shoot at someone for crashing into my fence but i understand why they did it. Maby people should stop being such empty headed retards when introduced into any situation where they have to think with thier fucking head. Becuase driving off was not what he should have done.

Is this world just devoid of common sense on everyones part. Holy fuck. 95% of the situations i see posted here wouldnt even be a story if one retard didnt decide to escalate a situation by doing somthing fucking stupid.
    Damage to a fence... potentially killing a human being. Yes, that checks out. Absolutely the appropriate amount of force in that response.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

or maby they didnt want someone to crash into thier shit and drive away? They told him to cut the engine, but the fucking retard sped off. I dont think id shoot at someone for crashing into my fence but i understand why they did it. Maby people should stop being such empty headed retards when introduced into any situation where they have to think with thier fucking head. Becuase driving off was not what he should have done.

Is this world just devoid of common sense on everyones part. Holy fuck. 95% of the situations i see posted here wouldnt even be a story if one retard didnt decide to escalate a situation by doing somthing fucking stupid.
    Its a fucking instinct for a human to flee after a accident, i saw it even a few times on my own. Like when a friend bumbed into a parking car after school and just gave metal to the pedal in a instead to get a away, 300 meter later i told him to drive back because insurance duh.

Deleted
    These are things that happen in the real world.
    The real world? You mean America?

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Its a fucking instinct for a human to flee after a accident, i saw it even a few times on my own. Like when a friend bumbed into a parking car after school and just gave metal to the pedal in a instead to get a away, 300 meter later i told him to drive back because insurance duh.
    haha yeah. One of my first times driving on my own in high school I was doing a tight U-Turn and scraped a pillar in a parking lot. Just kept going. Luckily it was just a wee scratch that could easily be fixed and it wasn't another vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Probably insecure and paranoid about something. Like a certain beta having a tantrum in this thread lol.
    Yeh paranoid he would have to pay for damages to his shit done by another person. Get your head out of your ass and the Magical world you live in and join reality.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lycans View Post
    The real world? You mean America?
    im sure when someones vandalizing your shit there in england you go out and ask them to please leave and they do.

Yeh paranoid he would have to pay for damages to his shit done by another person. Get your head out of your ass and the Magical world you live in and join reality.
    Get the license plate numbers and make/model of the car and then file a police report.

It's not hard, shooting at people like a lunatic isn't going to solve problems.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

im sure when someones vandalizing your shit there in england you go out and ask them to please leave and they do.
    Usually you call the police.