Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BanHammer View Post
    I just played some EverQuest and Wildstar and there is a Lore panel included in the game.
    It keeps tracks of all the things you discovered throughout the world and gives descriptions on npcs, objects, phenomena and the like. I'd like for WoW to include a comprehensive lore guide into the game at some point.

What are the features you'd liek to see added?
    Since you mentioned Wildstar and Everquest (never played Wildstar though) i have a feature i would love to see implemented into WoW...
    HOUSING. Simple, plain, creative housing without ingame purpose or functionality. Collecting furniture, vanity items, displaying weapons and trophies on the wall, set up a table to invite guests or just a place to hang out if you don't feel like sitting in the city. Pretty much what garrison should have been without all that mandatory stuff.

oh...oh oh oh but with a personal NPC butler following you doing random stuff or come at your command. I have been through all the world (of Warcraft) and have beaten so many monsters and foes, that is they way my hero should be treated in his mansion after a hard, adventurers days work. ;-)

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    My WoW account isn't active right now so I'm not sure how it is at the moment but my main concern is that on the most populated servers the WoW system is a bit of a problem when it comes to the botting problem. Actual players miss out on nodes because either the bots have already gone through and picked them clean and so the player can't find nodes available, or they're rushing after the node they see over there being tapped because they're afraid it's going to disappear while they're trying to mine/pick it.

At least with the GW2 system the node is guaranteed not to disappear.
    Fair enough but as someone who is playing, I'm finding things to be fine, and my server seems reasonably populous.

I just find the current-WoW way of doing it requires a lot less effort, because individual nodes are relatively worth more, and I feel like I come across them more.

GW2's system was something that seemed revolutionary and a vast, vast improvement in 2012, when I still regularly circled zones in WoW wishing there would be any nodes at all. Now it just seems "okay", because the reliability combined with what it's used for kind of has you requiring awkwardly large amounts of it on a regular basis.

I suspect if WoW's ore was made the same, then the knock-on effect would be that recipes which used it would need to require vastly more ore, to balance the ore-over-time factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrclyde-79 View Post
    Since you mentioned Wildstar and Everquest (never played Wildstar though) i have a feature i would love to see implemented into WoW...
    HOUSING. Simple, plain, creative housing without ingame purpose or functionality. Collecting furniture, vanity items, displaying weapons and trophies on the wall, set up a table to invite guests or just a place to hang out if you don't feel like sitting in the city. Pretty much what garrison should have been without all that mandatory stuff.

oh...oh oh oh but with a personal NPC butler following you doing random stuff or come at your command. I have been through all the world (of Warcraft) and have beaten so many monsters and foes, that is they way my hero should be treated in his mansion after a hard, adventurers days work. ;-)
    The trouble with housing is, as Blizzard themselves spotted long ago, that it does take people out of cities and make everywhere seem a bit more empty/lonely. Of course let's be real - Garrisons did that way worse than actual housing in any game ever has, because you were effectively forced to spend time there fiddling with stuff.

I think if they did housing, they'd want to do something a bit more like DAoC than some other games, and have houses actually exist in the world (albeit in "housing zones"), rather than being effectively instanced or literally instanced places as they are in many games. So you could just walk up to someone's house and so on (they had to let you in though). That way there's less sense of loneliness and so on. But it's hard to think of a way to make that work properly with servers at highly varied population levels.
    Last edited by Eurhetemec; 2017-10-10 at 10:02 AM.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I remember city of heroes had like a system where a high player could scale down to a lower player as a sidekick and do missions at-level.

Would be cool to have that option in WoW.

Characters and armor that look good. Also skyboxes that don't look like they're from Minecraft.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Also skyboxes that don't look like they're from Minecraft.
    Have you played the game since Vanilla?

Just a few examples:

From Warhammer Online:
    Tome of Knowledge (the half assed achievement system we have now is based on it)
    Class specific gear appearences.
    PvP lakes.
    Wearable trophies

From SWToR:
    Transmog system.
    Tactical Instances (scale for 1-5 players)
    Zone level scaling

From Diablo:
    Account wide stash.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    I remember city of heroes had like a system where a high player could scale down to a lower player as a sidekick and do missions at-level.

Would be cool to have that option in WoW.
    It's pretty odd that WoW's devs have resisted this kind of system for so long. They've existed since before WoW even came out, and virtually every MMO has some kind of system that replicates the effect - albeit they go about it in a lot of different ways. GW2 has it's zone-scaling, CoH sidekicked-down (and up? I forget), Champions Online has sidekicking up, DAoC has sidekicking up based on the party leader, SWTOR I believe has zone-scaling, EQ2 had mentoring down, and so on.

WoW has actually done zone-scaling before - reasonably effectively - if you recall the Legion invasions before Legion came out, a level 100 and a level 15 could both be fighting the same mobs and so on. Sometimes there were some hilarious bugs (like people of certain levels being hit for L100 numbers, or lowbies hitting harder than high levels by miles), but the whole thing appeared to basically a be a system test to work those bugs out, and by the time the invasions finished, they were pretty much gone.

So we may yet see a system like that. I'd love to see one - one of the biggest problems with WoW over the years is that to level with someone, you need to be almost exactly the same level - even 3-4 levels off can sometimes mean stuff is grey or very green to you when it's threatening to them. So if one of you plays for a day or two or sometimes even a few hours, without the other, there can be no playing those character together any more. It would be a lot better if I could, say, sidekick/mentor down so I could do groups with a lower-level character and still gain XP (and maybe loot?) - I'd be fine if they capped the "still gain XP" cap at the base level for the next expansion of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Saroc View Post
    Just a few examples:

From Warhammer Online:
    Tome of Knowledge (the half assed achievement system we have now is based on it)
    Class specific gear appearences.
    PvP lakes.
    Wearable trophies

From SWToR:
    Transmog system.
    Tactical Instances (scale for 1-5 players)
    Zone level scaling

From Diablo:
    Account wide stash.
    I'd love to see most of these - except SWTOR's transmog system (it has as many issues as WoW's one does and is based on a fundamentally incompatible approach to armour design), it's worth noting WoW's Achievement system was not based on WAR's Tome of Knowledge - in fact WoW's system came in less than a month after WAR released, and had been being worked on for a long time. It is still rather half-arsed though, yes, and hyper-focused on dull numerical achievements or "just do it all" achievements, rather than having much interesting stuff in it.
    Last edited by Eurhetemec; 2017-10-10 at 11:05 AM.

Well i have said it before im gonna say it again, i hope one day blizzard will add neverwinter's foundry ( https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Foundry ) in wow, being able to create your own quests and dungeon and share them with others to play them is a must have feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Have you played the game since Vanilla?
    Have you seen the skyboxes in the vanilla zones?

Choices in quests.

I get that the main arcs of a zone aren't going to change, and I'm not even asking for branching questlines (which would be awesome), but smaller quests could offer us a couple of paths to finish them.

Have you seen the skyboxes in the vanilla zones?
    Yes.

Every zone released after vanilla have great skyboxes.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post

WoW has actually done zone-scaling before - reasonably effectively - if you recall the Legion invasions before Legion came out, a level 100 and a level 15 could both be fighting the same mobs and so on. Sometimes there were some hilarious bugs (like people of certain levels being hit for L100 numbers, or lowbies hitting harder than high levels by miles), but the whole thing appeared to basically a be a system test to work those bugs out, and by the time the invasions finished, they were pretty much gone.
    Similar tech is used to scale down Coren Direbrew down anywhere from 46-110, and his loot scaled to appropriate current level.

Headless Horseman in starter-towns like Razor hill/Brill/Goldshire scaled his health/damage down (the water-bucket-fire event for the daily)

Love is in the air boss could also be queued by level 16 this year, and the epic necks dropped were character level as well.

Summer-festival Ahune as well.

At least since Legion.

Hallows end is upcoming again so I figure it'd be low level queueable as well, probably around 23 if it follows dungeon minimum.

It still feels a bit odd in normal-legion dungeons as well, as health between level 100 and 109 can vary massively.

But the system has had it's problems with healing scaling pretty much each of those events having to be hot-fixed

However I do hope at some point, they get their scaling right, so they can experiment with crazy stuff like Mythic+ pre-Legion dungeons.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-10-10 at 11:26 AM.

Yes.

Every zone released after vanilla have great skyboxes.
    There are roughly 30 vanilla zones, they make up a significant proportion of the game world.

There are roughly 30 vanilla zones, they make up a significant proportion of the game world.
    Still a minority and usually unrelevant too.

Blizzard already does great skyboxes where it matters.

Still a minority and usually unrelevant too.

Blizzard already does great skyboxes where it matters.
    It's roughly a third of the entire game world. Blizzard should update it to be in line with their later work. Some of those trees need sorting out too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    Armour dye. And a transmog system that you can do anywhere with some sort of consumable item like GW2's transmutation tokens or FFXIV's glamour prisms.
    The problem with the dye system is that it doesn't work in WoW, sadly.

Ya know the tier sets? The LFG, Normal and Heroic modes being identical in armour pieces, with only Mythic mode actually having different models? There wouldn't be any way to see the difference between the 3 first difficulties - 4 if you count in the PvP set which shares the same model but, again, different colour.

Also, I want a guild hall. :< Racial themed too so the horde wouldn't be forced with spikes and mud-huts.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's roughly a third of the entire game world. Blizzard should update it to be in line with their later work. Some of those trees need sorting out too.
    If they plan to use it, and they might, with the silithus datamining+PTR kalimdor being down.

I think at least the garrosh parts of quests need to go away post-legion, replace it with relevant story.

1-60 is a new player first impression and we went through 2 warchiefs since Cata.

Clearly a zone like Twilight Highlands has it's own skybox, so it's not continent-restricted either.

Updated graphics/skyboxes would be a welcome update to old world, scaling would be a nice bonus, and new story even further.

Quest rewards could remain the same for transmog purposes if they want to, or be announced well ahead of time if removed.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-10-10 at 11:51 AM.

That's a game's worth of assets and work.

Not gonna happen when they need to make new stuff too.

Another thing I'd like to see is the ability to send crafting materials straight to the bank from your inventory, like the one they have in GW2. Dye system would be cool too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    In World of Warcraft, if you see another player that's not in your party, it is a detriment to you, even if you're on the same faction. Another player can only make things harder and more annoying for you, by killing quest targets or gathering nodes you were fighting your way toward.
    Gotta love guys who talk about wow without ANY clue about the game.
    Stealing nods is not possible anymore because of nod sharing.
    Same faction can steal mobs from each other anymore because of shared faction tagging.

This breeds resentment between players, even on the same faction, but especially on the other faction where grouping isn't even an option.
    what is this 2010?

Meanwhile, in Guild Wars, seeing another player is always a good thing. Even if they don't end up helping you and just go on their way, they certainly didn't hurt you by passing through.
    neither do they in wow if they are not from the scum faction.

Players often come together spontaneously because it benefits everyone. If someone drops out of the sky on their griffon, it's an awesome moment where you just got reinforcements, even if you're fighting to reach a gathering node. You both get it.
    same in WoW....

It's telling to me, when people complain about cross-realm zones meaning they have competition for rare mobs. Optimally, the game should be populated enough that the idea of you getting a rare mob to yourself should be unexpected. The problem is that other players hurt your gameplay experience instead of enhancing it.
    we get it you hate wow and are stuck in the past....

ofc its a good thing to see another player in the fail called GW2 cause they are so rare.....