Poll: Do you want Mythic+ removed?

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    A limit on the amount of loot you can get per week would solve all of my issues with M+ running.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    In the OP by @Jaylock. How is he trying to stir?
    It's Jaylock. He can say anything the fact that he created a thread about this means he's just trolling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    It's Jaylock. He can say anything the fact that he created a thread about this means he's just trolling.
    Look who are you responding to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    Look who are you responding to.
    My god, I just saw his thread about Jay being Blizzard. Is he a fanboy? Or worshiper?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    My god, I just saw his thread about Jay being Blizzard. Is he a fanboy? Or worshiper?
    A devoted fan, very harsh to any heretics.

Deleted
    Yes for multiple reasons...

With the MDI being a thing, the design behind Mythic+ is terrible and lacks multiple features.

The affixes needs to be improved, they're boring and doesn't punish you enough and doesn't implement any kind of fun gameplay through them. They just do X thing... They should make them more reactive and force you to change certain things to be better on that affix... Not just 1 extra enemy every pack or higher X damage on certain things... It's boring and shouldn't be a thing.

I hate Mythic+ dungeons with a fashion since it removed Challenge Mode which I loved doing more than any raid ever in WoW (even when X raid was current)

What I like with Mythic+ is the way it feeds you gear for well... doing easy and simple content
    But there should be a limit on gear you can obtain per week

Quote Originally Posted by felrager View Post
    M+ is literally the only reason I have to run dungeons at this point in the xpac. In previous xpacs you would only do them to help a guildie level an alt. It's fun to be able to go into a high level M+ and still see yourself kick crazy amounts of ass
    Strangely I find myself doing that for guildies in mythic+ instead of heroic ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Floof View Post
    they're boring and doesn't punish you enough
    Just stick with Dark Souls. I'm hearing that people too special for WoW are having an absolute blast of a wank with Dark Souls. Have you tried Cuphead?

A devoted fan, very harsh to any heretics.
    Not harsh. More curious why people come into a thread to attack a poster than discuss the topic presented.

But alas this is going off topic so I'll leave it here.

Deleted
    M+ is fine. Far from perfect, but better than old challenge modes. CM had 0 replay value, so it was hard to find people because nobody wanted to run it twice. M+ rewards useful gear.

However excessive RNG in gear rewards isn't fine. Titanforged gear is not fine. Large pool of gear rewards is not fine. There should be a way to target items, such as currency instead of reward or at least weekly chest awarding gear only from dungeon player ran.

Deleted
    Just stick with Dark Souls. I'm hearing that people too special for WoW are having an absolute blast of a wank with Dark Souls. Have you tried Cuphead?
    Or simply just make the affixes better, more fun, more engaging, more reactive?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    M+ is fine. Far from perfect, but better than old challenge modes. CM had 0 replay value, so it was hard to find people because nobody wanted to run it twice. M+ rewards useful gear.

However excessive RNG in gear rewards isn't fine. Titanforged gear is not fine. Large pool of gear rewards is not fine. There should be a way to target items, such as currency instead of reward or at least weekly chest awarding gear only from dungeon player ran.
    This is where I disagree, the old CM was fun, yes you'd only do it a few times for all of your 11 alts or whatever.... But I want that back as well... I want to be able to get cool and unique cosmetic gear..... simply making a solo player scenario is boring as fuck and doesn't have anything to do with the MMO genre, its easy cause you outscale it and poorly designed. Same with Chromie scenario and well every other way you obtain "unique" transmog this expansion.... Chosen being a bit different but still poorly designed.

I agree with the RNG thought

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Not harsh. More curious why people come into a thread to attack a poster than discuss the topic presented.

But alas this is going off topic so I'll leave it here.
    I suppose enough years of "I require Hand of A'dal to join my TW BT runs" type threads have made people pay less attention to the topics and more to the poster, since in 80% or more cases it's pure pot stirring indeed, so parsing the contents is a waste of time.
    Seems fair: consistent shitposting over years with that avatar and that signature is pretty much asking for the treatment he gets.

Keep it. I don't care much about it, but no reason to remove.

Deleted
    Or simply just make the affixes better, more fun, more engaging, more reactive?
    For you and your two friends? Might not exactly work well given how popular the current iteration seems to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    what kinda turd muncher would one have to be to want something removed simply because you don't use or enjoy it.
    Last edited by Wiyld; 2017-10-10 at 12:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    What does arcanocrystal have to do with M+? It's acquired exclusively outside of M+, and even though I agree that farming titanforged off-set pieces in M+ is a task that we could do without it has little to do with arcanocrystal dropping from a world boss (and relinquished trinkets).
    Bad example. Apologies.

Maybe Horrorslime is a better example when there is a lot of trash or a need for AoE?

Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    Bad example. Apologies.

Maybe Horrorslime is a better example when there is a lot of trash or a need for AoE?
    I agree with you in general. Memento of Angerboda and Eye of Command are good examples as well!

Deleted
    For you and your two friends? Might not exactly work well given how popular the current iteration seems to be.
    So tell me how you see them... only ones I can agree with is Quakening, the blood pool ? Sanguine or something and I think thats that? those two are pretty much the only interactive affixes that exists if I remember correctly? Yes and these affixes are far from perfect since they barely do anything if you just move around.
    Given I havent done a M+ in well since ToV Mythic was released...
    They're boring and its simple content (My opinion of them) - If they were to make the affixes better and more fun and engaging then yes.
    Its simple, affixes such as: Tyrannical, Teeming, Skittish (is somewhat decent, should be improved), Relentless, Raging, Necrotic (somewhat decent needs a change to be more punishing), Fortified, Bolstering is decent however it should be able to be avoided simply by aoeing down the pack all together, Bursting doesn't even have any effect if you Cleave everything down you won't notice it.. 10% of your max hp isn't enough... I could give a million ways to make new affixes or to improve the current ones...

But if you ask me, such affixes like Tyrannical, Teeming and Fortified are the worst ones... they're not fun and they do nothing... Make them baseline instead so everything is actually hard and then add 3 affixes ontop of that so you have a challenge... when Tyrannical isn't present, bosses are a cakewalk .-.

But Mythic+ is really only difficult when either Tyrannical, Teeming or Fortified are present

Deleted
    So tell me how you see them... only ones I can agree with is Quakening, the blood pool ? Sanguine or something and I think thats that? those two are pretty much the only interactive affixes that exists if I remember correctly? Yes and these affixes are far from perfect since they barely do anything if you just move around.
    They're boring and its simple content (My opinion of them) - If they were to make the affixes better and more fun and engaging then yes.
    Its simple, affixes such as: Tyrannical, Teeming, Skittish (is somewhat decent, should be improved), Relentless, Raging, Necrotic (somewhat decent needs a change to be more punishing), Fortified, Bolstering is decent however it should be able to be avoided simply by aoeing down the pack all together, Bursting doesn't even have any effect if you Cleave everything down you won't notice it.. 10% of your max hp isn't enough... I could give a million ways to make new affixes or to improve the current ones...

But if you ask me, such affixes like Tyrannical, Teeming and Fortified are the worst ones... they're not fun and they do nothing... Make them baseline instead so everything is actually hard and then add 3 affixes ontop of that so you have a challenge... when Tyrannical isn't present, bosses are a cakewalk .-.

But Mythic+ is really only difficult when either Tyrannical, Teeming or Fortified are present
    You keep sticking some arbitrary measures of Challenge and Fun on various things and you seem to assume you're somehow speaking the Objective Truth, that is: describing some common sentiment among the playerbase. It's really amusing, especially when you keep suggesting the mechanics would be Better if they were more punishing.
    Which leads me to the mention of you and your two friends, since for huge majority of players Volcanic is a problem and Skittish is a nightmare. If I need to choose between 1. playing with my friends who are not exactly ace players and 2. catching elitist asshole pugs to overcome the more unfriendly combinations, I'll sit out a bad week every single time. Oh and I'm not going to put my warrior/monk tank above my BDK just because it's Necrotic this week and Wraith Walk's CD is too long to make it in time.
    I can handle Fortified, Tyrannical and some others just fine, but my dps pals who get pounced on by Fortified kittehs cannot.
    And so on.

It's really easy to dismiss the impact of affixes which you deem insignificant when you haven't done a high key in forever.

The point of most affixes is forcing you to make a trade off: either you tread carefully and risk not making the timer, or you push beyond your comfort zone to make the timer by making the affix a lot more impactful.

Take Bursting for example. If you pull one pack at a time and kill them methodically, you really don't notice the difference, but you are slowed down. If you pull 2-3 packs at a time, then you need to either kill everything almost perfectly at the same time (or you risk extending the timer of the dot while increasing its stack) or stagger them enough that the debuff falls off completely. That's the point of almost every single affix: it's mean't to hinder you to slow you down, not wipe you. It's kind of funny that you mentioned that you think Fortified and Tyrannical is hard when that's almost why one of them exist every single week: when mobs have high hp and damage, you either pull not as aggressively or you coordinate in-combat CCs to deal with damage that your healer may not be able to handle.

It's kind of hard to visualize how affixes are actually hard in high keys without doing them when mobs scales exponentially in hp and damage in conjunction to affixes, so I think you should probably try to do a high key appropriate for whatever your gear level is (I doubt you will, but hey) before you comment on them because you will be able to assess how easy these affixes are when actually compounded by high throughput and hp from the mobs.

I do agree with you about CM though, those are very fun.

- - - Updated - - -

You keep sticking some arbitrary measures of Challenge and Fun on various things and you seem to assume you're somehow speaking the Objective Truth, that is: describing some common sentiment among the playerbase. It's really amusing, especially when you keep suggesting the mechanics would be Better if they were more punishing.
    Which leads me to the mention of you and your two friends, since for huge majority of players Volcanic is a problem and Skittish is a nightmare. If I need to choose between 1. playing with my friends who are not exactly ace players and 2. catching elitist asshole pugs to overcome the more unfriendly combinations, I'll sit out a bad week every single time. Oh and I'm not going to put my warrior/monk tank above my BDK just because it's Necrotic this week and Wraith Walk's CD is too long to make it in time.
    I can handle Fortified, Tyrannical and some others just fine, but my dps pals who get pounced on by Fortified kittehs cannot.
    And so on.
    My issue with his post is that he basically looks at the tooltip of an ability and go "oh this is easy", when this can go for almost every single ability in the game, including the hardest mythic bosses. It is when you these abilities in their respective context that they may become difficult. He even acknowledged that he hasn't done a high key in two tiers to affirm that.

In regards to fortified cats one shotting players: that's essentially the nature of m+: unlimited scaling will cause you to hit a wall at some point. You can rotate CDs through players susceptible of being jumped on and/or chain CC the cat(s), or you just need to have said person corpse run.

The biggest issue for m+ is really just large discrepancy on class abilities to burst (like arms warriors) and survive (like rogues) and abuse mechanics (like hunters). These issues also exist in raiding as well but usually aren't as impact since you are more likely to have at least 1 of each class. Obviously people at the highest level will stack their raid like crazy, but we're not talking about them exclusively in the grand scheme of things.
    Last edited by david0925; 2017-10-10 at 01:11 PM.