Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's a good expansion, but not an amazing one. Legion sits right there in the middle of the pack for me. It's brought a lot of great new updates and systems to WoW, but also a handful of gimmicky ones, and while the gameplay has advanced in some areas, it's still struggling to recover from the devolution of WoD, particularly in regards to PvE currencies and class design. The addition of time gates to heavily regulate player progression is also one of the most cynical design choices I've seen implemented.

The story is a similarly mixed bag. All of the stuff that isn't to do with the Legion is pretty much fantastic. Suramar might be the best story zone the game's ever had. Unfortunately the Legion are terribly dull antagonists, and the subjection of the player character to a canon lore role via the class hall is just absurd in how poorly it fits into an MMORPG narrative.

The strange thing about Legion is that it seems to swing pretty hard in both directions compared to previous expansions. Most are either generally good or generally bad across the board, while Legion has a lot of absolutely fantastic parts alongside a lot of fantastically awful ones. It's kept me entertained more than WoD or Cataclysm, but I won't be sad to see it go.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Argus is more than comparable to Icecrown in terms of darkness and villain presence. Suramar City has an entire area in it filled with gore, there's deception, madness, murder, slavery, soul harvesting etc etc going on in full swing throughout Legion... But you somehow manage to miss it.

I'll just refer to my original conclusion and leave it at that.
    Do you realize how tiny Argus actually is? Once you get over the fake skybox wallpaper it's extremely bland and disappointing. Suramar city was probably the best executed area in Legion but that's as good as it gets when it comes to atmosphere in Legion.

You can disagree but in the opinion of the majority of people Wotlk was done better.

15+ Year Old Account
    WoW has not kept my attention this long since WotLK.
    Legion is without a doubt the best expansion IMO. Even though I hate the legendary system and the complete mess they have made of the Horde. Also really hate how alt unfriendly it is.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    For me it's the second worst, but to each their own.
    for you and probably for 90% of the audience, wotlk > tbc > (mop = cata) > legion > wod
    Last edited by Nuba; 2017-10-10 at 03:19 PM.

Definitely top 3, nice comeback after the WoD disaster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    for you and probably for 90% of the audience, wotlk > tbc > mop > cata > legion > wod
    Let me re-arrange some stuff for you:

tbc > legion > wotlk > cata > wod >...................... mop

for you and probably for 90% of the audience, wotlk > tbc > (mop = cata) > legion > wod
    Yeah the numbers on the front page for 7.3 achievments dont paint a real good picture . Those numbers are terrible
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Well no they're not because it isn't the same thing every day.
    Dailies weren't necessary same every day either. Some of them were, but some were randomly rotated. Same as world quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

nothing will ever be worse than wod, they tried their very best right there, wod is like the jesus of bad design
    legion tried to be worse but failed by making argus enjoyable

Its in the bottom 3 for me, Cata > Legion > WoD

Lol in what way is WoD better than MoP? It literally was abandoned before it was even finished and a huge amount of content was cut from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I remember in MoP there was enormous frustration from the community about many things such as leveling being extremely tedious and time-consuming, but now these issues are universally forgotten and MoP is remembered fondly by most citing how awesome jade forest was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    And they forget the incredible hate towards being forced to do 30 daily quests per day over and over again. And what a hate it was - the hate for legendaries is nothing compared to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Remember the goold old times of WoD?
    Those were valid complaints at the beginning of MoP that were fixed. I've never seen anyone cite how awesome jade forest was as their reason for looking back on MoP fondly, it's almost always people looking back on how fun specs were to play and class balance, and then ToT and supporting content.

MoP had a rough start, and then a poor finish due to content drought, but while it was current tons of people liked it and were pretty vocal about that. Same with WotLK. imo the merit of an xpac is how confident are you, and how many people are telling people that don't play WoW that they're missing out on great fun and SHOULD be playing WoW?

Tough to tell that honestly to people currently, considering the hurdles they'd have to make it over. Without Legiondaries, massive rng overload, and too much class overhaul/ability pruning/poor balance it could have been great, but people are going to look back on Legion and remember that more than how good the content delivery has been. I think the rose tinted glasses for this xpac are currently probably as rosy as they're going to get.

nothing will ever be worse than wod, they tried their very best right there, wod is like the jesus of bad design
    legion tried to be worse but failed by making argus enjoyable
    Argus is enjoyable? How? It's literally just more world quests that are no different than any other world quest. The numbers on the front page show that only 50% of the player base has even bothered with it.

Deleted

Almost correct, let's do some reality adjustments to your list so that it finally becomes exactly correct:
    WotLK >> MoP >> Legion > TBC >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cata >> WoD >>> Vanilla
    See? Much better now.

Deleted
    I play since Burning Crusade and i think Legion is the best expension ever :

- Regular content
    - Class fantasy (order hall, artefacts, questines...) - A class is way more in adequation with his "fantasy", some spells became specific to one class (ex: poison for assa, war is focus in one spec, no more 3 postures...)
    - Storytelling improved
    - Leveling is way cleaner (we are now chapters, quests are packed in one place instead being spread in the entire zone)
    - PvE has now categories and everyone can find it's place :
    casuals = LFR
    casuals in guilds = NM
    semi-hardcore = HM
    hardcore = MM
    (approximatively, don't emphasize on that)

Ok there are cons :
    - RNG
    - Legendary system
    - Class balance not perfect

But this expansion is a way better product than BC was.
    Seriously, if people would go play in a private 2.4.3 server, they would be happy because of the great content), but they would regret all the improvements !

10+ Year Old Account
    Mists of Pandaria > Legion by far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    Almost correct, let's do some reality adjustments to your list so that it finally becomes exactly correct:
    WotLK >> MoP >> Legion > TBC >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cata >> WoD >>> Vanilla
    See? Much better now.
    This is an amazing battle of personal opinions xD
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    And they forget the incredible hate towards being forced to do 30 daily quests per day over and over again. And what a hate it was - the hate for legendaries is nothing compared to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Remember the goold old times of WoD?
    I mean even Wrath, currently praised as the best expansion, got so much shit when it was current. For ruining the game and catering to filthy casuals. Where do people think the term "Wrathbabies" came from?

People seems to ignore everything negative from Wrath for some reason. From the shitshow of the first raid tier, to the dumpster fire that was ToC. Not to mention how dungeon content was largely trivialized from the start of the expansion(except badges lul), and resently, when discussing gating, it seems that the infamous gating of ICC has also been forgotten.

Now don't get me wrong, I liked Wrath, I still do looking back. I guess my point is that no expansion was ever perfect. Yes Legion has faults, but so had EVERY, SINGLE, FUCKING EXPANSION before it. Even the beloved Wrath and BC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    This is an amazing battle of personal opinions xD
    But of course not! It's the dichotomy between Jaylock's misguidance and my Sole Truth.

wrath was my fav expansion. but i would rate legion over wrath imo