Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'd say it started off strong, but there's alot of issues currently that they won't address or change:

-Titanforging mechanic: There's really no excuse to be able to have a piece proc titanforge and be just as good as a mythic boss piece. It severely undervalue's the accomplishment to me personally and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

-Legendaries: I really can't fathom how they continue to make you grind to upgrade each individual one every raid patch. Secondly, the RNG aspect is not "cool" as they claim and it's beyond frustrating especially when having a certain one makes the mage tower significantly easier (Sacrolash for Affliction Warlock for example). Or Guardian Druid's thrash bracers and many more. Call me bad or a scrub, that isn't going to change my point of view as I'm also not the only one who feels this way.

-Severely alt unfriendly no matter how much they claim it is: While I'm not the biggest alcoholic and does not concern me much, I completely agree with those that believe this to be true. Between World Quests and back to the legendary argument, I believe they could do a better job.

-Very bland boss fights: This is completely subjective, I get that. However I don't believe any of the raids this expansion even remotely touch how incredible I found WoD's raids to be. Every boss felt different, the mythic mechanics were very fun and engaging, and I just don't feel the same this time around.

I'd say these are the biggest issues to me personally.

Of course, just an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    You had to invest in your alts. That's my point. Right now you have to do absolutely nothing. Level to 110, get some Shards and get your equip. Then into LFR get free loot and voila, your alt is ready. That's how it is since WoD at least and it's abysmal game design. With every content patch and every new tier EVERY lower tier gets thrown into the trash bin.
    Exactly.
    Something that is popular on private servers is theorycrafting. You look at all the early gear that's available, i.e via crafting. Maybe a tailoring set and engineering goggles. You can also look at heroic dungeon loot tables, and then run that heroic once per day hoping to get those items.
    Of course when talking TBC/WOTLK vs WoD+, it's a huge difference. Character progression was much slower, but we accepted that. There was such thing as alt runs for previous raids.
    Even if you say that's a horrible time-consuming system, maybe I would play the game for more than 1 month after expansion if that was the case.
    During WoD I got all the gear from Garrison, PvP and PvE.
    I have hated the fact how previous content becomes useless, ever since 3.2. But now I can appreciate quick-gearing, since I'm only a casual and I'm not looking to join guilds for raiding.
    It's been equalized greatly. Having a crappy character with crappy gear was once a thing :P
    You could only hope to get some good gear so you can do dailies faster.

I think Legion is doing okay with keeping previous raids somewhat playable though. Gear is only good for fresh 110 character though.
    Last edited by patuxz; 2017-10-10 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    It indeed started strong, early Legion was WoW at it's best, so much stuff to do and content was interesting and set up in many places allover around the Broken Isles. Mainly World Quests, I did so many of them with like ten or so characters. It's only these Patch outdoor areas which suck deeply. I'm so burnt out fighting demons and like mobs in always grey/green areas. It's so boring! The Corridors of Argus is the worst. Still I have to do them World Quests every day because of possible legendaries, even though I already have every mainspec legendary and don't use offspec much..
    You're gonna have to spell that out for me. You have to do them, even though you dont need more legendaries? Does not compute.

Quote Originally Posted by gamgee76 View Post
    one thing that is forgotten is that pvp is a side activity that is in the vast minority of what players do overall
    OP asked a pretty simple question and this is my answer. What are you trying to say here? That my opinion matters less because I (used to) enjoy PvP?

Quote Originally Posted by Siglius View Post
    You're gonna have to spell that out for me. You have to do them, even though you dont need more legendaries? Does not compute.
    ((it is called addiction))

7+ Year Old Account
    I think Legion will be remembered with a pretty good view in a couple years. One of the major factors being that you always had something to do, if you wanted to progress your character, farm stuff, just go out and do (world) quests you feel like doing, do dungeons for gear comparable to that from raids... But most importantly it will not be remember like a Dalaran Sitting simulator between raids like Wrath ultimately was.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Deleted
    Not for me, no.

Hated the RNG blowout, AP grinding and the disastrous class redesigns.

Also, for all we know we can be looking at another 12 month final patch. There will probably be a minor patch, but its just to tide it over.

But i'll give it that at least to date they have had a good raid release cadence.

It's.. Decent. The amount of RNG this expansion is beyond staggering, tho. They literally forced RNG in to 99% of the game. I'm somewhat surprised they didn't put some sort of RNG in to leveling as well. I'm not stupid.. I understand RNG is an integral part of RPG's, but.. The amount they've forced on the game is idiotic. I remember hitting Exalted with a faction and being able to buy a shiny new awesome looking mount for GOLD. Now? Now they're forced in to a bag that is RNG that you need to grind 10,000 MORE Rep for for even a CHANCE at getting it.

That's not counting the fact that there is literally no end-point anymore. You can't ever be done. They've made more than sure of that with making AP an infinite grind along with Titan/Warforging everything. The Legendary system is also something I don't really agree with.. The absolute refusal for so long to allow anyone to target a Legendary REGARDLESS of the fact that so many of them were literally game-changing for certain Specs.. Anger of the Half-Giants for example was MASSIVE for Demon Hunters and still, apparently, is for its ability to semi-smooth out their Fury Generation.
    Last edited by Katsutomai; 2017-10-10 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    I highly doubt MoP was the pinnacle of pvp participation numbers, either
    MoP pvp ladders were gigantic vs Legion though, regardless what you or anyone else thought of MoP pvp

7+ Year Old Account
    In terms of patch release schedule, artifact weapons, mythic+ dungeons, Class halls while still having a good city, some decent raid bosses, story... and a couple other things, yes, this expansion is pretty amazing. But there are also plenty of frustrations along with it.

The legendary gear was something i looked forward to at the start of the expansion, and grew to despise when EVERY SINGLE ONE OF MY CHARACTERS got low tier legos at start of play. I have not had anywhere near BIS lego drop on the first 4 legos of each char. They've all have been Prydaz, Sephuz, and some multi spec lego that is not good for any of the dps specs.

The Raids have been okay until Tomb of Sarg, and i currently really don't like this raid, it's very boring. Nighthold was much more fun aside from certain bosses. But the majority was fun in comparison. Even WoD had way more fun bosses.

I rated WoD higher than most people have mostly because of the raids, though the patch release schedule was pure trash. I'm hoping this next raid is more fun, since it is potentially the last full raid of expansion.

Either way, i definitely don't feel like this is the best expansion. If they could have done something with the legendary system, i feel like that might have helped, because then many of us wouldn't have felt like having to grind for them and having a tsunami of disappointment after we didn't get a decent lego, thus crushing our spirits.

For me it would be: WotlK > BC/Legion > WoD/Panda >>>>>>>Cata

RAMBLE, RAMBLE, RAMBLE, RAMBLE, RAMBLE, RAMBLE, RAMBLE, RAMBLE, RAMBLE, RAMBLE, RAMBLE, RAMBLE, RAMBLE, RAMBLE, RAMBLE, RAMBLE, RAMBLE, RAMBLE, RAMBLE, RAMBLE, RAMBLE, RAMBLE, RAMBLE, RAMBLE, RAMBLE, RAMBLE, RAMBLE, RAMBLE, RAMBLE, RAMBLE, RAMBLE...........

not best but one of the better ones

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    MoP pvp ladders were gigantic vs Legion though, regardless what you or anyone else thought of MoP pvp
    You got numbers? No? Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Nishu View Post
    I have it third behind WoTLK and MoP.
    Same. I dunno why Legion just isn't geling with me. I loved launch, and when the Karazhan patch came out I thought it could be the best expansion ever. But 7.2, for whatever reason, totally destroyed my interest. I hate the way they shrink the world each patch. Even though the Argus story was awesome I let the sub drop straight after it was done. The old formula is just dull to me now, but I'm not sure if that is Legion's fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    No definitely not BUT it is leagues better than WoD so it has that going for it. I'd say for me though this is probably my 2nd favorite expansion. My favorites go like this:

1. WotLK
    2. Legion
    3. MoP
    4. TBC
    5. Classic
    6. Cataclysm
    7. WoD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    And they forget the incredible hate towards being forced to do 30 daily quests per day over and over again. And what a hate it was - the hate for legendaries is nothing compared to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Remember the goold old times of WoD?
    Actually you had to do dailies until you hit exalted. Which was around 5.1 where they nerfed bonus coins charms anyways. After 5.1 it was 5-6 dailies or so, each content patch new ones.

You got numbers? No? Ok.
    funny you should ask

Season 14 (MoP)
    http://www.arenamate.net/arena-rbg-t...fs/archive/s14
    1164 US gladiator spots > 232,800 people actively playing arena in US

Season 15 (MoP)
    http://www.arenamate.net/arena-rbg-t...fs/archive/s15
    1659 US gladiator spots > 331,800 people actively playing arena in US

Warlords Season 1
    http://www.arenamate.net/arena-rbg-t...ve/warlords-s1
    1302 US gladiator spots > 260,400 people actively playing arena in US

Warlords Season 3
    http://www.arenamate.net/arena-rbg-t...ve/warlords-s3
    1213 US gladiator spots > 242,600 people actively playing arena in US

Legion Season 3
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20755686108
    128 US Alliance gladiator spots + 168 Horde gladiator spots > 296 total US gladiator spots > 59,200 people actively playing arena in US

Legion confirmed best expansion ever #hype
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2017-10-14 at 09:00 PM.

For me it's...

Classic>WotLK>TBC>>>MoP>Cataclysm>>>Legion>WoD

Of course, Legion has so much content. But I miss those days, where WoW wasn't a singleplayer game with some multiplayer parts in it...

funny you should ask

Season 14 (MoP)
    http://www.arenamate.net/arena-rbg-t...fs/archive/s14
    1164 US gladiator spots > 232,800 people actively playing arena in US

Season 15 (MoP)
    http://www.arenamate.net/arena-rbg-t...fs/archive/s15
    1659 US gladiator spots > 331,800 people actively playing arena in US

Warlords Season 1
    http://www.arenamate.net/arena-rbg-t...ve/warlords-s1
    1302 US gladiator spots > 260,400 people actively playing arena in US

Warlords Season 3
    http://www.arenamate.net/arena-rbg-t...ve/warlords-s3
    1213 US gladiator spots > 242,600 people actively playing arena in US

Legion Season 3
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20755686108
    128 US Alliance gladiator spots + 168 Horde gladiator spots > 269 total US gladiator spots > 53,800 people actively playing arena in US

Legion confirmed best expansion ever #hype
    That has nothing to do with the amount of people playing the game

You cant read.

What is the pvp participation ratio bub? First thing i asked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Siffredi View Post
    For me it's...

Classic>WotLK>TBC>>>MoP>Cataclysm>>>Legion>WoD

Of course, Legion has so much content. But I miss those days, where WoW wasn't a singleplayer game with some multiplayer parts in it...
    WoW was always a single player game with multiplayer parts. Formula didnt change one bit.

That has nothing to do with the amount of people playing the game

You cant read.

What is the pvp participation ratio bub? First thing i asked.
    I could give two fucks what you think you asked, we were talking about Legion pvp vs pvp in other expansions

worst case for pvp - subscriber numbers now are similar to what they were at the end of MoP and pvp participation has fallen by 84%

best case for pvp - pvp participation now is the same as it was at the end of MoP, and subscriber numbers have fallen by 84%

most likely some combination of the two, but either way - Legion pvp ladders are dead as hell compared to MoP/WoD

I could give two fucks what you think you asked, we were talking about Legion pvp vs pvp in other expansions

worst case for pvp, sub numbers now are similar to what they were at the end of MoP and pvp participation has fallen by 84%

best case for pvp, participation now is the same as it was at the end of MoP, and subscriber numbers have fallen by 84%

most likely some combination of the two, but either way - Legion pvp ladders are dead as hell compared to MoP/WoD
    I was talking about participation percentages
    You were having a conversation by yourself, then.

Also, welfare gear also drives pvp participation. How many of those teams were feeder teams just to get points? With better gear from wq/catchups, why would a lot of the lower brackets (the overwhelming majority of the arena playerbase) even play?

And that still doesn't affect on whether or not pvp was "good" it's just not a gearing avenue.