Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    If myself or my partner was infected, that would be a discussion that we would need to have together to decide whether we want to try to conceive or if adoption would be a better path.
    So It is not such a nothing issue that you wouldn't without hesitation condemn a child of say 3 to a life with it? All I needed to hear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    With current treatments, that risk is essentially nil.
    The risk is there and it is atrocious to risk spreading it further to a child who couldn't even try to avoid it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyuvarax View Post
    Making claims without evidence is all you need to know about modern conservatism. Just look at how they reject hard science for reference.
    As opposed to OMG THE ICE AGE IS COMING
    Then radicals 20 years later changed to OMG GLOBAL WARMING WERE ALL GONNA DROWNED

So now radicals call it climate change. You know something the earth has down for millions of fucking years.

" Liberalism is A mental disorder". Check it out lefties, educate yourselfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    So It is not such a nothing issue that you wouldn't without hesitation condemn a child of say 3 to a life with it? All I needed to hear.

The risk is there and it is atrocious to risk spreading it further to a child who couldn't even try to avoid it.
    Every pregnancy has risks. Did you know the chance of having a child with downs if you give birth at 20 is 1 in 1,667? The chance of having a child with chromosomal abnormalities is 1 in 526*. WAY more than the "nil" chance of passing HIV on to a child during birth. Using your logic, no one should ever have children because there's a chance they might not be 100% healthy.

*edit* AND, that chance only goes UP as you get older. Therefore, anyone who is having children past the age of 20 is unnecessarily risking having a child born with a birth defect.
    Last edited by solinari6; 2017-10-10 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karfal View Post
    Then radicals 20 years later changed to OMG GLOBAL WARMING WERE ALL GONNA DROWNED

So now radicals call it climate change. You know something the earth has down for millions of fucking years.

None of chose claims showed anything wrong with the science of climate change, but a lack of information for statistical models. Stop embarrassing yourself. You clearly know nothing about how science works, which is why when you try to criticize its methods you only reveal how ignorant you are. Trying to call people names without evidence or knowledge is pathetic.

- - - Updated - - -

Theodarzna is so desperate after all this verbal spanking that he just argued that no one should try to get pregnant if any risk of disease or disorder in the baby is possible, meaning he disfavors even healthy people having a child and risking Down syndrome. These people, like Theodarzna, are ridiculous.

So now radicals call it climate change.
    You know something the earth has down for millions of fucking years.

Alright, let's go slow. We'll hold your hand through this, don't worry.

The IPCC was founded in 1988. Well over a decade before this 'switch' from global warming to climate change. Now, what does IPCC stand for?
    Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. Wow! It looks like both terms have always been in use!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    You should probably go out and actually talk to some real people who are HIV positive. Because this just plain isn't true.
    I have and yes it is true.

Sad to see people trying to sweep it under the rug. :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vyuvarax View Post
    The amount of this thread you choose to ignore to maintain your bias is fucking nuts. When you refuse to acknowledge or refute rebuttals, your faux intellectualism is obvious to everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

None of your rambling refutes anything said of why this shouldn't be a felony, or even attempts to make a distinction between HIV and other STDs for why HIV should remain a felony and knowingly passing along other sometimes fatal STDs isn't.

P.S. Your butthurt over being called on virtue signaling is nuts, especially when you don't refute that you did it lol.
    Knowingly infecting someone with HIV should be a felony.

It is criminal intent of the highest order. Only step higher is murder.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    This decision boggles my mind. In our criminal system, it's not assault that's the crime, it's inflicting injury. And that is precisely defined as incurring a pathological state. Inflicting a sickness is absolutely a prison worthy sentence here. How anyone could think otherwise is difficult to grasp for me.

(Prison worthy for any value of "suspended sentence" up to 5 years, depending on the circumstances... so take this with a grain of salt :P)
    This is how most of the sane world views it...except California.

I spoke recently to relatives in the Balkan region (which have by the way highest HIV rates of all of Europe) and they were gasping in horror the idea that knowingly giving HIV isn't a " big deal".

First step to educating a populace about HIV is accepting it can be deadly and it is life altering. Anyone down playing it betrays principles of humanity, compassion, logic, and science.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    I have and yes it is true.

Sad to see people trying to sweep it under the rug. :/
    Mafic said:
    It is a challenge every day for anyone with HIV/AIDS.
    If you are claiming that is true, then what exactly is the challenge? I live in Palm Springs, there are a shit ton of HIV positive people here. I know a bunch of them. The only daily challenge most of them have is remembering to take a pill once a day.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    This is how most of the sane world views it...except California.

I spoke recently to relatives in the Balkan region (which have by the way highest HIV rates of all of Europe) and they were gasping in horror the idea that knowingly giving HIV isn't a " big deal".

First step to educating a populace about HIV is accepting it can be deadly and it is life altering. Anyone down playing it betrays principles of humanity, compassion, logic, and science.
    I guess we just don't understand that letting people spread HIV is the latest and most important crusade and its 'totes #SO-PROGRESSIVE and now that its $Current_Year everyone has to have AIDS or their homophobic bigots or something.

/s

In all seriousness, its batshit loony that people are actively defending infecting someone with AIDS on the grounds that essentially "Its not so bad to have AIDS anymore!"

I'd swear this is like the ultimate when for big pharma to sell more AIDS drugs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Every pregnancy has risks. Did you know the chance of having a child with downs if you give birth at 20 is 1 in 1,667? The chance of having a child with chromosomal abnormalities is 1 in 526*. WAY more than the "nil" chance of passing HIV on to a child during birth. Using your logic, no one should ever have children because there's a chance they might not be 100% healthy.

*edit* AND, that chance only goes UP as you get older. Therefore, anyone who is having children past the age of 20 is unnecessarily risking having a child born with a birth defect.
    Most pregnancy risks don't come with the chance a incurable infection that will kill you and is absolutely fatal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    If you have knowledge of any STD and pass it on without telling your partner, you're a piece of shit and deserve a good prison sentence.
    How so? They're people too. There's plenty of ways to not passing it on like protection. There's no need to tell someone you have HIV Everytime you have sex with some random chick you'll only see once in your lifetime.

And telling so is a sure way to never getting laid, we all got urges to fufill soo
    Last edited by want my Slimjim; 2017-10-10 at 10:11 PM.

In all seriousness, its batshit loony that people are actively defending infecting someone with AIDS on the grounds that essentially "Its not so bad to have AIDS anymore!"
    You need to work on your reading comprehension bub, because absolutely NO one is saying that. All we are doing is countering your assertion that having HIV means you will have a "miserable existence" .

And you still haven't answered the important question of, "How will this law change your sex life?"
    Are you going to have less risky (bareback) sex?
    Are you going to trust people less when they tell you they are HIV negative?
    Most pregnancy risks don't come with the chance a incurable infection that will kill you and is absolutely fatal.
    Among women who know they are pregnant, the miscarriage rate is roughly 10% to 20%,
    Hows that for something that will KILL YOU

- - - Updated - - -

Look, at this point we should ALL know what we need to do to prevent getting infected with HIV. If you are going into a sexual encounter, and not doing those things, then you have to take some responsibility for the results. If you're going to risk your health based on the word of someone else (possibly a stranger?), who may not even know their correct status, then you need to be ready to accept the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post
    How so? They're people too. There's plenty of ways to not passing it on like protection. There's no need to tell someone you have HIV Everytime you have sex with some random chick you'll only see once in your lifetime.

And telling so is a sure way to never getting laid, we all got urges to fufill soo
    Someone with a religious signature is making a defense of knowingly infecting other people with diseases to fulfill one's own urges. You're the kind of person that would end up in your religion's version of hell, dude.
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

There's an amazing book called "liberalism is a mental disorder. Check it out. That's literally all you need to read to understand left wing radicals and what they're doing to this country.
    "Written" by a conservative shock jock.

I should write a book called "liberals are doo doo heads so nyer". I bet I'd make a fortune off conservative suckers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Someone with a religious signature is making a defense of knowingly infecting other people with diseases to fulfill one's own urges. You're the kind of person that would end up in your religion's version of hell, dude.
    No I wouldn't cause I pray unlike the most of you. Plus I don't have it

10+ Year Old Account
    You do know that AIDS is passed to the child during birth, not necessarily during incubation? Right? Obviously you don't... keep talking about how hazardous this makes donations.

https://aidsinfo.nih.gov/understandi...mission-of-hiv

Can mother-to-child transmission of HIV be prevented?

Yes. Because of the use of HIV medicines and other strategies, the risk of mother-to-child transmission can be lowered to 1% or less. The risk of mother-to-child transmission of HIV is low when:

HIV is detected as early as possible during pregnancy (or before a woman gets pregnant).
    Women with HIV receive HIV medicine during pregnancy and childbirth and, in certain situations, have a scheduled cesarean delivery (sometimes called a C-section).
    Babies born to women with HIV receive HIV medicines for 4 to 6 weeks after birth and are not breastfed.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

No I wouldn't cause I pray unlike the most of you. Plus I don't have it
    Oh, right. I forgot that some religions have a built in excuse for living life as an utter shitheel. As long as you believe in X, it doesn't matter how bad you are, you get into paradise!

7+ Year Old Account

Yes, they're people who have an inherent responsibility of telling their partners about their disease. You're a shitty person.

15+ Year Old Account
    By that standard what exactly is a non-issue to you?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    So progressive

So what I'm really hearing through all this is :
    Now I have to use a condom when fucking strangers, because they might lie about being positive! WHaaaaaaaaa!
    Isn't that really what this boils down to?

10+ Year Old Account
    One more tiny reason to not live in California.