Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    NFL players are employs, if they want to stay employed they do what thier boss says. Or then they can protest from the unemployment line.
    Pretty much, I'd say it's more important to see who's willing to stick to there guns and risk being fired for what they believe in. If there not willing to risk that then they can't really care to deeply about what there protesting.

Shame that the government might stop giving the NFL millions of dollars per year to stage these stupid patriotic circlejerks to improve military recruitment.

Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    What it is creating is good reason to not do it anymore.
    A bunch of whiny snowflakes getting triggered over nothing?

NFL players are employs, if they want to stay employed they do what thier boss says. Or then they can protest from the unemployment line.
    That has nothing to do with what either you or I said. You said kneeling during the anthem is showing disrespect to those that fought for the country.

You're not just moving goalposts...you're changing the the goalposts into basketball hoops.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    The same snowflakes that whine about these kneeling players are probably the same snowflakes that say waving the Confederate flag is "heritage not hate".

Roger Goodell had to do this because the NFL is first and foremost a corporation and the actions of their employees are costing the corporation money. Nothing more to read into this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    The right (conservatives) are a bunch of snowflakes, that's well known
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

"People should be allowed to protest, just not where anyone can see it".

Mmmm. Kind of missing the point of protest there.

Your not protesting racial injustice by kneeling or sitting for the nation anthem, your disrespecting the flag and those that fight for it.
    Didn't they fight for the freedom of speech the flag represents? Isn't that the story?

Or do you mean they literally fought for a piece of cloth?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account

Next time remember the Dixie Chicks. Attacking deeply held beliefs of your fans is a BAD idea and will lose you lots of money.
    Last edited by Nathreim; 2017-10-11 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    I don't think you know what virtue signalling is. If your willing to stick to your guns and take the punishment for it your not signalling you ageee with that virtue your showing that you actually hold it and are willing to prove you do.
    It's an alt right talking point attempting to make virtue sound like a vice, to cover for the fact that they have none.

What do I win?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahhdurr View Post
    NFL players weren't even on the field for the national anthem until the DoD decided to throw millions to the NFL to encourage people to sign up for the military. So how about stfu because kneeling to protest an indoctrination ceremony is pretty ok by most. And A++ for showing your stupidity while being a hypocrite.
    I think you either misunderstand my position or you are replying to the wrong person. In case it is the former allow me to clarify...I'm 100% in support of the players right to protest and the reasons they are doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    You're not disrespecting the flag and those that fight for it by kneeling or sitting for the national anthem, you're protesting racial injustice.

The person who started it and those who followed stated this was the purpose and that's the purpose. You can't just change the reason they're doing it because it hurts your feelings. I've yet to see a single person even attempt to argue how it's disrespectful. Why don't you give it a go? How is using one of our most important rights in this country, what is actually fought for not some stupid fucking flag, disrespectful at all? What does the flag itself even have to do with our soldiers? I think it's an insult to sit there and say they fight for a fucking piece of cloth because they don't. Who the fuck would?
    When you're an illiterate inbred retard it's impossible to hold two thoughts at once.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    I think you either misunderstand my position or you are replying to the wrong person. In case it is the former allow me to clarify...I'm 100% in support of the players right to protest and the reasons they are doing so.
    Yup sorry misquoted.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-10-11 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    -snip-
    Actually he hasn't. Good try though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahhdurr View Post

Yup sorry misquoted.
    No offense taken then

- - - Updated - - -

I do hope that the players on the teams that are threatening to bench them for kneeling during the national anthem continue to do so though. Be interesting to see if the coaches will follow through on the threat to bench their starters. Seems like a good way to lose football games.

Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    No one is suppressing anything.

It comes down to this.

These virtue signalling NFL players are doing the one thing they cant afford to do: piss off the public. These characters can "take a knee" all they like, but then they will have to deal with the consequences.

Boycotts.

Advertisers pulling out..and if you think they wont be pressured by angry Anericans to not advertise in NFL time over this matter you are gravely mistaken.

Massive public disapproval..can anyone here spell lower ratings, empty seats? I will also add that the military fanbase will drop like a fucking stone if they do this....they can have their little "protest" as much as they like, no one will try and stop them.

But I wouldnt want to be them after they do this. Remember those lucrative sponsorships? Advertisers and companies wont touch them with a ten foot pole as they will be seen as the proverbial leper, no one will want to see a "star" who wont stand for the national anthem, and let me tell you right now, what they are doing is provoking a reaction on a visceral level that stands at the heart and core of the American people.

No he didnt. What he did do was call attention to this petty little piece of posturing. Those tax breaks they get are a privilege..which can be taken away if they are abusing them or if their conduct is such that they can be revoked.

Expected as much from you. Id explain it but there is no way in hell you would EVER understand. BTW Mr Ace, my grandfather served overseas, my father in law in Libya in WW2 and my great grandfather fought at Passchaendale. We fought for our flag and for our freedoms..and that flag means those freedoms and also stands for the sacrifice of millions who fought and died.

Look, I tell you what...here's a little experiment you can try any time you like it if you really want to see how people feel?

Go onto the middle of a city streeet in any part of the US, take a flag and step on it or set it alight.

You have every right to do just that, you are dead right. You also have the right to suffer the consequences of that action.

Pro tip: get ready to run like hell.

You are probably right that that would be the reaction of people, but what would that say about the one responding with violence to a RIGHT that is explicitly outlined in your constitution? Does it mean they dont agree with the constitution?

bitch maid coward.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    The same snowflakes that whine about these kneeling players are probably the same snowflakes that say waving the Confederate flag is "heritage not hate".
    What happened to them crying about the first amendment and free speech? Oh, right, it only applies to people they agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    [IMG]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/IOMV9QS6H8I/maxresdefault.jpg[IMG]
    "I won the situation that only myself and a bunch of retards care about, MAGA!"

/wanking motion

he is right, your place of work is not where you should be making political statements. In the real world, people would get fired if they started protesting bullshit in the middle of their work days.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    "in the middle of their work days"

They don't have typical jobs. What they're doing does zero to interfere with them doing their job.
    job is a job. you dont take your job and try to make it support your views and push your protests while on the job being paid to work. do it on your own time or not at all.