Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

What's the issue with shadow/void use ?

And I mean to say : Shadow priests use the shadow/void for decades now ... (could someone define when first shadow priests came to be in lore ?).
    Furthermore since the beginning of this expansion priests grow tentacles and they got the option to surrender to madness .
    Anyways I am not really hyped by Alleria using the void since me priest does it for a dozen years now and I don't understand the whole lightforged crew jumping up and down about it (oke i know X'era is about as simpleminded as Odyn - not as valorous though- but anyways there is some weird feeling since every player knows they can use the void freely and we stand in owe with Alleria doing so and even the jedi master LS giving major lectures about h2 use it...).
    TLDR It's not like inventing the wheel half a dozen expansions later.
    Last edited by mmoc0e2bb9485a; 2017-10-11 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stroggylos View Post
    And I mean to say : Shadow priests use the shadow/void for decades now ... (could someone define when first shadow priests came to be in lore ?).
    Furthermore since the beginning of this expansion priests grow tentacles and they got the option to surrender to madness .
    Anyways I am not really hyped by Alleria using the void since me priest does it for a dozen years now and I don't understand the whole lightforged crew jumping up and down about it (oke i know X'era is about as simpleminded as Odyn - not as valorous though- but anyways there is some weird feeling since every player knows they can use the void freely and we stand in owe with Alleria doing so and even the jedi master LS giving major lectures about h2 use it...).
    TLDR It's not like inventing the wheel half a dozen expansions later.
    Because it literally drives you insane at one point, turning you against pretty much the entire universe ,sure it is powerful but even more corrupting and dangerous than using fel magic.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2017-10-11 at 05:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Its fine till you fail your first sanity roll. Then its really NOT fine.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Because it literally drives you insane at one point, turning you against an enemy of pretty much the entire universe ,sure it is powerful but even more corrupting and dangerous than using fel magic.
    Pff. Is that what they teach kids in church these days? Using the Void is simple. You just got to keep your eye on what you want. It's easy to succumb to the will of the Void when you never had a will of your own in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Pff. Is that what they teach kids in church these days? Using the Void is simple. You just got to keep your eye on what you want. It's easy to succumb to the will of the Void when you never had a will of your own in the first place.
    The only mortal entity in the entire story that hasn't succumbed to the void so far is locus walker, even Alleria outright says she will fall in time. As long as using the shadow is tied to the whispers of the denizens in the void it simply is the most dangerous form of all magic known so far.

Deleted
    The only mortal entity in the entire story that hasn't succumbed to the void so far is locus walker, even Alleria outright says she will fall in time. As long as using the shadow is tied to the whispers of the denizens in the void it simply is the most dangerous form of all magic known so far.
    And still shadow priests of Azeroth have proven quite skillful in doing so... Maybe Alleria should ask for a couple of lessons from one of the shadow priests that are onboard the vindicaar lately

And still shadow priests of Azeroth have proven quite skillful in doing so... Maybe Alleria should ask for a couple of lessons from one of the shadow priests that are onboard the vindicaar lately
    It doesn't matter if they wield the void skillfully, lorewise pretty much all end up servants of the void lords sooner or later, Alleria has wielded it for centuries now, but is well aware that she will fail at one point. All it takes is a single moment for someone to fall into their thrall.

The Void is an omnipresent force throughout the universe. Nothing exists without the Void. We use it simply by eating and breathing. By simply existing. Let's not act like pansies. Just accept that the Void IS, and remember what your mother said about talking to strangers. Don't be such a sheep that you believe the "free candy" signs painted on the white van of the Void Lords.

it annoys me to no end the way they're acting with shadow, when my priest is like the strongest wielder of it thus far.

i wield a piece of a being that is nothing but twisting madness, yet i'm completely sane. i've used void form since very early into my training even. alleria's a fucking noob and needs to know her place.

The Void is an omnipresent force throughout the universe. Nothing exists without the Void. We use it simply by eating and breathing. By simply existing. Let's not act like pansies. Just accept that the Void IS, and remember what your mother said about talking to strangers. Don't believe the "free candy" signs painted on the white van of the Void Lords.
    You are well aware that it is fundamentally different in using something pretty much severed from the influence of the void lords themselves and tapping directly into power, with them on the other end of the hotline, it is not something that cannot be ignored, since it is always present each day, hour, minute and each second from the moment someone taps into it, the more attuned someone is to the void the louder the whispers.

Sure you can use lesser shadow magic relatively safe but the powerful stuff is exceedingly dangerous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it annoys me to no end the way they're acting with shadow, when my priest is like the strongest wielder of it thus far.

i wield a piece of a being that is nothing but twisting madness, yet i'm completely sane. i've used void form since very early into my training even. alleria's a fucking noob and needs to know her place.
    Yeap.
    What's the hype about and half a dozen cinematics released about it. We knew about the void we weild it for ages and then a newb comes around needing a master training that goes on for centuries in nether time and still the lore goes bonkers

You never absorbed that kind of power, merely borrowed it. Alleria on the other hand does not borrow anymore. That power is hers, Shadow priest might get equally powerful if they actually absorbed xa'latath essence into themselves.

Yeap.
    What's the hype about and half a dozen cinematics released about it. We knew about the void we weild it for ages and then a newb comes around needing a master training that goes on for centuries in nether time and still the lore goes bonkers
    It is vastly different shadow priest dabble on the very surface of the void, they never dwell deep into it and those who do, usually turn into utter nutjobs, like the twilight hammer
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2017-10-11 at 06:05 PM.

Deleted
    Y get over it me dorf weilds a part of an old god , stays into voidform till 6 tentacles grow around him , exits it and then goes to ironforge to have a couple of drinks with them ladies. Alleria is a generic scrub who is going to flip over Turalion's death and her boy being attacked.

Y get over it me dorf weilds a part of an old god , stays into voidform till 6 tentacles grow around him , exits it and then goes to ironforge to have a couple of drinks with them ladies. Alleria is a generic scrub who is going to flip over Turalion's death and her boy being attacked.
    Gameplay =/= Lore

You never absorbed that kind of power, merely borrowed it. Alleria on the other hand does not borrow anymore. That power is hers, Shadow priest might get equally powerful if they actually absorbed xa'latath essence into themselves.
    i already absorbed a darkened naaru(the right way, i might add, without killing it). i've practiced using void form for literal years.

she is nothing next to me. locus-walker might be stronger than me, not alleria.

i already absorbed a darkened naaru(the right way, i might add, without killing it). i've practiced using void form for literal years.

she is nothing next to me. locus-walker might be stronger than me, not alleria.
    You didn't xal'atath absorbed the void energy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    The Void is an omnipresent force throughout the universe. Nothing exists without the Void. We use it simply by eating and breathing. By simply existing. Let's not act like pansies. Just accept that the Void IS, and remember what your mother said about talking to strangers. Don't be such a sheep that you believe the "free candy" signs painted on the white van of the Void Lords.
    The Shadow/Void prey on someone's desires and/or fears and keep doing that until you break. And well, it's in a mortal's nature to eventually break. In the right circumstances, a little push is all it needs to make the wielder lose sights of his goals and, consequently, become a prey of the Shadow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Either way, Locus Walker should at least acknowledge Shadow Priests. Discipline too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowful Gondola View Post
    I don't think its more corrupting than fel. I think all magics corrupt equally (except maybe nature and elemental), it depends on how strong minded your are.
    See Draenor for what Nature corruption is like. Doesn't really do much on living beings, though.

You didn't xal'atath absorbed the void energy.
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Either way, Locus Walker should at least acknowledge Shadow Priests. Discipline too.
    that's another thing, the player priest has the power to wield shadow and light simultaneously, while it burns anyone else that tries.