Is the blob diabetic

Is the blob diabetic?

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Deleted
    What kind of question is that lol?

I know a few people who have diabetes and funny enough all of them have been pretty average in size throughout their lives, I think that one is called stage 1? Not sure how it works, but they get into these moments that need sugar or insulin shots asap.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post

I know a few people who have diabetes and funny enough all of them have been pretty average in size throughout their lives, I think that one is called stage 1? Not sure how it works, but they get into these moments that need sugar or insulin shots asap.
    diabetes type 1 you were born with. Diabetes type 2 you became diabetic.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account

My father has diabetes 2 and he is a skinny guy, fat people aren't the only ones that get diabetes 2.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Not all fat people have Type 2 Diabetes, and I know a skinny person with it, too. Not sure why. It can also be caused by things that can make you overweight, too. Like hypothyroidism. Essentially... the bigger you get, the more insulin your body has to produce to accommodate. It becomes resistant to it. The more insulin you have to take, the more weight you gain. Since it helps regulate weight.

AND... info from an actual Type 1 Diabetic. I've had it for 21 years, since I was 8 years old. I wasn't born with it. It's caused by an autoimmune disorder that attacks the pancreas, killing the beta cells that produce insulin. So we're dependent on injections. Hence the term... Insulin Dependent Diabetic (juvenile onset, autoimmune diabetes). A lot of us aren't overweight either. I exercise regularly and eat healthy. Helps keep my blood glucose normal I can't cure it though. It just helps with the numbers. I'll be on dependent on insulin my ENTIRE life.
    Last edited by Felicia; 2017-10-11 at 08:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going full geek mode right now....

"Powers
    The Blob's mutant powers were related to the mass, strength, resilience, and indestructibility of his obese body.

Superhuman Durability and Strength: The Blob's body possesses a high degree of resistance to injury. The fat tissues that comprise the Blob's epidermis are able to absorb the impact of rifle bullets, cannonballs, bazooka, and even torpedoes. The fat tissue of his epidermis is resilient enough to revert to its normal shape within seconds after deformation caused by impact. It is virtually impervious to physical injury. The Blob's skin cannot be punctured or lacerated by most known materials, frostbitten, or ravaged by any skin disease, due in part to the skin's greatest elasticity and toughness and in part to the highly accelerated rate at which his skin cells grow and replace themselves"

Hope that helped

Also I like the Blob, he's a very under rated X-Men villain
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-10-11 at 10:19 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted

Type 1 people are usually skinny, I would know since my younger brother has it. The usual symptoms started manifesting for him when he was around 15 years old (he suddenly lost a noticeable amount of weight, was tired and thirsty etc.)
    Last edited by mmoc4d2020beea; 2017-10-11 at 08:19 PM.

Probably;

Just look at the amount of people it ate eating all that junk food.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, the Blob is a mutant. The one in the film was a little different, but basically the same in terms of what his powers are... super-dense, impact resistant body fat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Is the blob diabetic?

Everyone I know who have diabetes are thin. A diabetic in the blob's condition would probably be a dead one.

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    diabetes type 1 you were born with. Diabetes type 2 you became diabetic.
    Not true, you can develop type 1 diabetes later in life. My brother was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes when he was 10 or 11.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyro1990 View Post
    Not true, you can develop type 1 diabetes later in life. My brother was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes when he was 10 or 11.
    You can get diagnosed for diseases at later age you know ..