Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Kung-fu pandas are interesting?
    They were to me. Becuase there was more to them than kung-fu.

And btw can somebody explain me what is this thing about Mudmug? Is it some sort of new meme I don't get?

And If there was an upvote feature I could've grant it for Zulkhan's post on this page. You wrote it better than I would, and to the point. especially that his crap treatment will stay even if he will miraculously come back, damage was done.

I'm so glad someone said it all, so I don't have to xD.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    And btw can somebody explain me what is this thing about Mudmug? Is it some sort of new meme I don't get?
    Mortal minds cannot comprehend glory of the great one. Lets just say that he is what makes pandaren great.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    They were to me. Becuase there was more to them than kung-fu.

And If there was an upvote feature I could've grant it for Zulkhan's post on this page. You wrote it better than I would, and to the point. especially that his crap treatment will stay even if he will miraculously come back, damage was done.

I'm so glad someone said it all, so I don't have to xD.
    Mudmug is, in essence, a perfect lore character within the Warcraft universe.
    Too often, a lore figure is defined by their elite badassery, near-immortality, rampant edgelordiness or flawless execution and perfection. Mudmug is, in fact, not more than a simple farmer. He isn't some tragic villain or orderly hero sent from the Gods above to save us from ourselves. All he wants is to grow some pumpkins and rear some yaks.

He represents something that MANY fantasy genres miss. He represents order in the endless theater of chaos. Order defined as performing a simple job, living a simple life, contributing no bloodshed nor opposition in any form. To many, he's not more than a simple "red shirt". Hell, he could be one of us, he could have been our heroes before we became the class we choose, he could be one of the thousands of generic named "Stormwind Soldier" or "Orc Grunt" who aren't even given the satisfaction of being given a name in this digital world of Warcraft.

Then lo, he approaches us and, rather than begottenly groan about virmen in need of a hero to bring him their ass hides, he assists the hero - Chen and yourself in particular. He humbly acknowledges his place within the world and wishes for nothing to change about it. He is at peace with himself.

Mudmug is the most real and relatable character ever introduced by Blizzard. Someone defined by his RAW CHARACTER, and not his power or ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Agreed. I think characters from group that have been basically doing nothing forever are the ones that should die, so they can add some plot hook for that group.
    that did f**k all for Cairne and Vol'jin, just upping their story to kill them off just left nothing for the associated factions there after, trolls being in worse off then tauren cause at least cairne had a son.. who does nothing.

No I disagree with this logic, killing off characters who have been inactive doesn't make use of them in a positive way, it never has done. Consider what came after them, pretty much nothing.

I've seen the argument that if sylvanas dies, the forsaken won't have any bearing left on the plot with no decent replacement leaders. This is true, and its whats happened to the tauren and darkspear trolls.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    that did f**k all for Cairne and Vol'jin, just upping their story to kill them off just left nothing for the associated factions there after, trolls being in worse off then tauren cause at least cairne had a son.. who does nothing.

No I disagree with this logic, killing off characters who have been inactive doesn't make use of them in a positive way, it never has done. Consider what came after them, pretty much nothing.

I've seen the argument that if sylvanas dies, the forsaken won't have any bearing left on the plot with no decent replacement leaders. This is true, and its whats happened to the tauren and darkspear trolls.
    Actually, when you put it that way you are certainly right. Blizz should just not kill anyone until their replacement has been properly fledged out

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Kill characters like Sylvanas, Jaina, Anduin, and Velen off and this lore of this game will go downhill quickly. Useless characters like Tyrande, Thrall, and Malfurion who no longer deliver anything to the plot are the ones who should die so we can get characters who CAN deliver.

Who determines what characters aren't interesting ? You ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Too often, a lore figure is defined by their elite badassery, near-immortality, rampant edgelordiness or flawless execution and perfection. Mudmug is, in fact, not more than a simple farmer. He isn't some tragic villain or orderly hero sent from the Gods above to save us from ourselves. All he wants is to grow some pumpkins and rear some yaks.

He represents something that MANY fantasy genres miss. He represents order in the endless theater of chaos. Order defined as performing a simple job, living a simple life, contributing no bloodshed nor opposition in any form. To many, he's not more than a simple "red shirt". Hell, he could be one of us, he could have been our heroes before we became the class we choose, he could be one of the thousands of generic named "Stormwind Soldier" or "Orc Grunt" who aren't even given the satisfaction of being given a name in this digital world of Warcraft.

Then lo, he approaches us and, rather than begottenly groan about virmen in need of a hero to bring him their ass hides, he assists the hero - Chen and yourself in particular. He humbly acknowledges his place within the world and wishes for nothing to change about it. He is at peace with himself.

Mudmug is the most real and relatable character ever introduced by Blizzard. Someone defined by his RAW CHARACTER, and not his power or ability.
    Well, that was touching. And slightly scary from the second paragraph on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    Every thread of Theramore starts with either "sPoIlErS" or "bIg FaCtS" when in reality it's always her goddamn fucking opinion everytime. If you dare to enter her threads better you get used to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

"If you kill the interesting characters off the story becomes boring". Thanks for the protip.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoxious View Post
    But where are these new and interesting characters to replace them? Anduin??? Sylvanas imo is not that interesting so as replacements for leadership they are not doing a good job.
    Not everyone has an obvious replacement.
    And a replacement for the sake of a replacement isn't making for a good story either.
    A void, a gap can potentially lead to better story.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Mortal minds cannot comprehend glory of the great one. Lets just say that he is what makes pandaren great.
    Oh I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post

Ow... I was kinda souspecting something like that, as I remembered him as casual enjoyable character. I can only agree in this case, as I always stuggled to like Major Lore character as most were terribly written, or hardly reletable, or just beyond edgy/ overdramatic. I found myself to be fan of minor NPCs that happens to have a story about them.

This is also a reason why I enjoyed Pandaria so much. The game returned imo to it's roots - we were adventurers exploring the world that only later unveil threats that avaits us. giving more time to actually learn about world and have some screentime for faction lore progression.

Lastly, MoP managed to introduce a lot of nice minor characters, proving that it is possible to write this kind of story. Aside of Mudmug, we had Rico and and other faction mini-heroes / adventurers, we had Lorewalker Cho, Taoshi, Klaxxi, and so on. The way they were built up was imo great, it's only a shame that Lei Shen had to be downed this soon.

But yeah, I agree we need more characters like that, we need more new characters aswell that appears later in the story. (still angry over Torunscar and Norsala).
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    They're obviously fan favorites. Who the hell do you think is one of the more interesting and popular characters? Malfurion? Hell no.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoxious View Post
    They could learn a thing or two from Game of Thrones, kill off characters, introduce new ones
    Song of Ice and Fire hardly ever kills off characters (despite wild joking that it kills off everyone; it has less major deaths in it per a deaths-to-page-count-ratio than almost any other fantasy story ever written).

Most of the new characters post-A Game of Thrones that have been introduced to the story (Ramsey, Euron etc) have been really awful characters.

They need to learn how to develop character first.

Deleted
    Why are you so evil? Why is it obligatory to kill someone in case to introduce new character? Why you cant just leave them and let them live their own calm lifes. Kill him, kill her... what a dumb logic. No, its not even a logic, its Game of Thrones tumor in your head. Dont dare to make mainstream GoT in Warcraft. Yes, we lost several main characters in Legion, it was epic and touching scenes, but it doesnt mean that they have to follow this cliched scenario in upcoming exp's all the time. Instead of it they have to develop stories of existing characters. We have a bunch of characters we have completely forgotten and quite big gaps in lore that can be filled only by them.

P.S. Thrall is a symbol of Warcraft franchise. Living legacy of Chris Metzen. Founder of Orgrimmar and current Horde. He deserved to survive till the end. So dont you dare to touch him, kids.
    Last edited by mmoca48d740bf3; 2017-10-12 at 10:33 PM.

I actually think people underestimate the amount of new characters Legion introduced. In addition to the NPCs in each quest zone, there are also a lot of new faces in our Order Hall.

I remember seeing many complaints like "We could have gotten the badass preestablished character as our follower, but instead we are stuck with this nobody." Some classes like Monk had it worse than others, but at the same time, it means more new characters will have chance to shine, once we leave Order Hall behind and these champions are off fending for themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaha View Post
    Why are you so evil? Why is it obligatory to kill someone in case to introduce new character? Why you cant just leave them and let them live their own calm lifes. Kill him, kill her... what a dumb logic. No, its not even a logic, its Game of Thrones tumor in your head. Dont dare to make mainstream GoT in Warcraft. Yes, we lost several main characters in Legion, it was epic and touching scenes, but it doesnt mean that they have to follow this cliched scenario in upcoming exp's all the time. Instead of it they have to develop stories of existing characters. We have a bunch of characters we have completely forgotten and quite big gaps in lore that can be filled only by them.

P.S. Thrall is a symbol of Warcraft franchise. Living legacy of Chris Metzen. Founder of Orgrimmar and current Horde. He deserved to survive till the end. So dont you dare to touch him, kids.
    Implying that GoT invented dark fantasy or concept of killing off characters.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaha View Post
    Thrall should've died in the Broken Shore in my opinion. His death would've shook the Horde for what he represented, instead of killing another Warchief after we spent 2 expansions building him up
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Have you seen Game of Thrones? I'll beg to differ on the initial statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Capricieux View Post
    Have you seen Game of Thrones? I'll beg to differ on the initial statement.
    Game of thrones is a three act structure like lord of the rings or Harry potter, you can kill off characters since they can conclude the story like a stage play. World of Warcraft is more like a comic book with an ongoing narrative
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    Unless you're like Game of Thrones, developing new interesting characters as fast as the old ones are killed off.
    And that's why I find game of thrones boring. The character don't stay around long enough to hold any interest towards