10+ Year Old Account
    It just dawned on me. In Super, Goku hasn't beaten a single new (high tier) opponent. He lost to Beerus, was almost killed by Frieza and his henchman (I would argue against the time reverse as beating Frieza). He lost to Frost and couldn't defeat Hit in any of his encounters with him. He never beat Black and even as Vegetto he wasn't able to defeat Merged Zamasu. He tied with Toppo, couldn't defeat Kale and now got beat by Jiren.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyF1069 View Post
    It just dawned on me. In Super, Goku hasn't beaten a single new (high tier) opponent. He lost to Beerus, was almost killed by Frieza and his henchman (I would argue against the time reverse as beating Frieza). He lost to Frost and couldn't defeat Hit in any of his encounters with him. He never beat Black and even as Vegetto he wasn't able to defeat Merged Zamasu. He tied with Toppo, couldn't defeat Kale and now got beat by Jiren.
    Ultra Jobber

15+ Year Old Account
    Tbh i dont want to see Goku beat every opponent hes facing lol

Goku has been taking Ls non-stop in important fights in Super, yeah

10+ Year Old Account
    I figured out why Ultra Instinct is the best!

You know those moments when the hero is really beat up, just fucking wrecked on the verge of death with the enemy closing it? And then the enemy strikes and for just an instant the hero's instincts take over, and they strike back with a reserve of strength from deep inside their spirit, and the bad guy takes a huge hit of damage? And afterwards, the bad guy's all pissed, like maybe they just lost an eye, and the hero is down, totally depleted, but their last desperation move managed to make a difference. The last instant of desperate instinct from deep inside managed to hold the bad guy off just long enough for the day to be saved.

Ultra Instinct is that instant all the time. It's the last second gut-instinct desperation strike but all the time Ultra Instinct is active.

I can't decide what's more awesome - Goku being able to use that desperation instinct permanently all the time while fighting or Jiren being strong enough to take all of that and still win.

idk why and how but something tells me jiren is cheating
    and a few times times it looked to me like madara's invisble clone tech from naruto

15+ Year Old Account
    Prob wont see any Goku Vs Jiren till atleast 116 and beyond (for now i only know info is out for 114) i did hear one of the writers wrote on twitter we will see Vegeta Vs Hit and we might see Freeza vs Toppo.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2017-10-11 at 08:09 PM.

With that new image of the "new" character, I did wonder if it was Jiren in a less bulky form. But there seems to be an opinion out there that this isn't Jiren whether confirmed nor denied.

The far out idea I thought of is, what if this person is Zeno's "parent". Much like how Zeno arrived at the end of the Beerus/Champa match, maybe "mommy/daddy" comes out of hiding to chastise the twins for erasing the majority of the universes! Then with a quick wish, parent reinstates all of the erased universes.

Probably not! Guess we won't know any information on this person for several weeks as they may not even be a part of this arc?

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    Goku has been taking Ls non-stop in important fights in Super, yeah
    Goku has more L's than Vegeta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    With that new image of the "new" character, I did wonder if it was Jiren in a less bulky form. But there seems to be an opinion out there that this isn't Jiren whether confirmed nor denied.
    What I heard was that the character represented in the figure will have a different silhouette than what is shown, so the silhouette could just be a 'placeholder' graphic.

I had a similar thought about it being a slimmed-down Jiren, though. Maybe it represents an even stronger form of Jiren when his power is compressed and focused, or maybe it's Jiren 'true' form - maybe the reason Jiren is so strong is that he's using 'Ultra Instinct' too, all the time to boost his power constantly, hence his huge physique. Maybe when Goku knocks him out he drops out of the Ultra Instinct state and takes on a slimmer form.

Though the character being Zeno's parent is a wild idea too. Maybe she has more kids who each have their own multiverse to look after - more guys to fight, yurrr. millions years fighting guys forever forever

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, knowing Toriyama the second we get introduced to another multiverse, our heroes immediately go to fight the strongest. Its a trend.

Guess what? Our protagonist is really an alien from a planet full of bloodthirsty powerful warriors! Does he rise his way through their ranks and fight his way to become their strongest? NOPE! Lets skip right to him fighting their goddamned ruler.

Now we go to SPACE! Infinite planets to explore, countless foes to fight...BUT WAIT! Lets introduce the EMPEROR OF THE UNIVERSE and make him the villain right off the bat.

Back at home, safe and sound and OH NO! EVIL ROBOTS! Surely there will be countless diabolical machines for or heroes to defeat, OR we can just make an android that is literally made up of and knows all the moves from everyone on the planet and then some.

Ah, a World Martial Arts tournament. Aren't tournaments great places for showing off the skills of all kinds of participants? Yeah I thought not, lets just release the incarnation of all evil who has literally eaten gods and throw him in the middle of it!

Toriyama can build a universe, but his problem is that he doesn't like to stay in it. Whenever a new concept is introduced, he has to jump right to the end of it. Even in Bleach Ichigo didn't fight god until the end of the series, hell even during the Rescue Rukia arc he didn't even fight the strongest captains. If Toriyama wrote Bleach Ichigo would be fighting Yamamoto as soon as he got there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Nah, knowing Toriyama the second we get introduced to another multiverse, our heroes immediately go to fight the strongest. Its a trend.

Guess what? Our protagonist is really an alien from a planet full of bloodthirsty powerful warriors! Does he rise his way through their ranks and fight his way to become their strongest? NOPE! Lets skip right to him fighting their goddamned ruler.

Now we go to SPACE! Infinite planets to explore, countless foes to fight...BUT WAIT! Lets introduce the EMPEROR OF THE UNIVERSE and make him the villain right off the bat.

Back at home, safe and sound and OH NO! EVIL ROBOTS! Surely there will be countless diabolical machines for or heroes to defeat, OR we can just make an android that is literally made up of and knows all the moves from everyone on the planet and then some.

Ah, a World Martial Arts tournament. Aren't tournaments great places for showing off the skills of all kinds of participants? Yeah I thought not, lets just release the incarnation of all evil who has literally eaten gods and throw him in the middle of it!

Toriyama can build a universe, but his problem is that he doesn't like to stay in it. Whenever a new concept is introduced, he has to jump right to the end of it. Even in Bleach Ichigo didn't fight god until the end of the series, hell even during the Rescue Rukia arc he didn't even fight the strongest captains. If Toriyama wrote Bleach Ichigo would be fighting Yamamoto as soon as he got there.
    It would also be a better manga. I wouldn't say Toriyama is the best, I have not read enough manga to really give an opinion like that, but Bleach became a wreck after the Rukia arch. Sure it was good during the Espada thing, but it went down faaasssttttt.... Aizen was like a joke. He went from cool and calculating to "RAAWWWWRRRRR" the second he was inconvenienced

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    It would also be a better manga. I wouldn't say Toriyama is the best, I have not read enough manga to really give an opinion like that, but Bleach became a wreck after the Rukia arch. Sure it was good during the Espada thing, but it went down faaasssttttt.... Aizen was like a joke. He went from cool and calculating to "RAAWWWWRRRRR" the second he was inconvenienced
    Agreed there. If Sword Art Online never happened Bleach would have been the greatest disappointment anime ever. It should have stuck to its roots, a noble hearted thug fighting monsters with anachronistic ghost samurai in urban Japan.

Hit is eliminated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    Hit is eliminated.
    lol source ?

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Consider both are type of writers that don't plan ahead and go with the flow i honestly doubt that, in my opinion the first arc of bleach is miles ahead of DBZ/DBG/DBS when it come to characters, characters development and story wise, the problem with Bleach is that everything after first arc was a copy paste of first arc with different ''colours'', like Toriyama, Kubo tried to keep Bleach popular by trying to copy his best work, aka first arc, Toriyama is doing the same shit, without the huge fanbase db franchise have i doubt DBS would be so popular with the current story and characters

In my eyes DB was a level or two above Bleach/DBZ/DBG/DBS, that was the prime Toriyama, not the current one that only want to milk the cashcow

DB franchise is just about cool transformations and power ups, simple and straight out story.

I like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amanni View Post
    Can we all just acknowledge that Hit was the best part of this special
    his line was the best but not the best moment in the episode.

unfortunately, he gets eliminated in the next episode.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Did anyone expect otherwise?
    Tell you the truth? i was expecting for hit to be top 5, it's a nice surprise , now if Vegeta will be next to be eliminated from universe 7,Toriyama will get a nice redemption in my eyes with all fanservice crap he did

What i expected to happen was Hit-->Vegeta-->Frieza-->Gohan--> and Goku win the tournament