Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    That would mean risking loosing troops going after her, safer to just dropp a little present on her location.
    Yea.
    I mean, she clearly was not pretty enough to warrant risking live necks just bringing her to justice.
    Death sentence in a package is just as good for the likes of her

10+ Year Old Account

Kind of pretty, she used to be a punk singer, wonder what actually happened. She was a widow too. I also notice anytime they show someone who is suspected of a crime they seem to pick the worst kinds of pictures they can find.

I specifically remembered when Rolling Stone printed this.

I remembered a few people losing their shit!
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

ding dong the witch is dead, which old witch? The wicked witch.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    The interesting thing about this story is that she appears to have been involved in activities outside of combat, but her use as a propaganda agent made her a high value target. Is it justified in these types of situations to use targeted killings of individuals who have not personally engaged in violence when dealing with non-state actors in a conflict that falls outside the traditional rules of war?
    The fucking recruiters are legitimately priority targets. Think of this: if you kill a suicide bomber in time, you avert one bombing. But if you kill the imam who has been talking those boys into blowing themselves up, you prevent lots - who knows how many?

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    As were supposed to be the good guys, I'd prefer we charged, tried and then sentenced people rather than ordering their execution without any due process.
    There is due process. It's called dying in combat. I much more prefer that option for terrorists, than have them brought back to west, sentenced for 10 years, out in 5 to roam the streets again. I don't want terrorists roaming the streets freely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

She made a choice in life that put her squarely on the shitlist of anti-terror forces I am not going to lose any sleep over this.

While she may not have been involved in direct combat, it doesn't nullify her efforts in other aspects of the organization and well if you join up with a bunch of renegades you run the risk of getting killed by armed forces.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    While she may not have been involved in direct combat, it doesn't nullify her efforts in other aspects of the organization and well if you join up with a bunch of renegades you run the risk of getting killed by armed forces.
    She was a recruiter, targeting susceptible young people to ISIS's cause... she's worse than scum.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Not really okay with extrajudicial killings of citizens. I said the same thing about the German girl, and I said the same thing about the two male american citizens who were killed by drones strikes too.
    I agree with you for the most part. But with those areas being war zones you basically have three options in my opinion.

1. Risk Soldiers lives trying to go in and extradite them
    2. Do nothing and wait for the conflict to end and then punish them allowing them to keep performing harmful actions
    3. Kill them with bombs/drone strikes

Personally I'm fine with them going for option 3 in these scenarios

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that there are "rules" in war is lost on me. War means killing people, which is barbaric in nature. If you're going to kill people, then just get the job done without adhering to some strange contradictory moral high ground. Following some code of conduct doesn't make it better or acceptable.

any death is regrettable. but she was an enemy combatant, whether she fought or not, so it is an acceptable death.

i wonder how a punk musician comes into this kind of life. how any woman could come into this life. how could you value yourself so little as to willingly view yourself as an inferior being to a man by joining this? i'll never understand any woman in it, it's offensive on an existential level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    any death is regrettable. but she was an enemy combatant, whether she fought or not, so it is an acceptable death.

i wonder how a punk musician comes into this kind of life. how any woman could come into this life. how could you value yourself so little as to willingly view yourself as an inferior being to a man by joining this? i'll never understand any woman in it, it's offensive on an existential level.
    That would depend on what you mean, especially if someone like this woman has already decided her lot in life wasn't much different in the west than it would be in this other way of thinking.

In short, she started out punk rock, but then decided that one set of rules, maybe agreed with her in a way maybe she rejected. Sometimes what comes across as extremism, can seem like a defined purpose or order.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Plan on joining ISIS? Perpare to become Waswas
    [Insert Infraction Here]

As were supposed to be the good guys, I'd prefer we charged, tried and then sentenced people rather than ordering their execution without any due process.
    Sorry, she forfeited her trial when she openly joined the IS.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    The fucking recruiters are legitimately priority targets. Think of this: if you kill a suicide bomber in time, you avert one bombing. But if you kill the imam who has been talking those boys into blowing themselves up, you prevent lots - who knows how many?
    If we recognize it as a war, and accept the targeted killing of those outside of combat roles, does that mean that when ISIS blows up a train or attacks a concert they are also justified by the same logic?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    There is due process. It's called dying in combat. I much more prefer that option for terrorists, than have them brought back to west, sentenced for 10 years, out in 5 to roam the streets again. I don't want terrorists roaming the streets freely.
    Surely if they serve their sentence they are free to go about their business?

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    If we recognize it as a war, and accept the targeted killing of those outside of combat roles, does that mean that when ISIS blows up a train or attacks a concert they are also justified by the same logic?
    Bolded the key part. Also as many others have stated, she was a recruiter, that easily makes her equal to 10+ soldiers in the amount of damage and harm she does. Just like blowing up an enemy munitions factory in war is generally more important than blowing up a company of soldiers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    Yeah, sure, when the conflict is over and the smoke clears I'm all for that. Till then, this is still a war, and this is just another terrorist blown up in an active war zone. Non story really.
    Has the us actually declared war?

If not then you're not at war?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    That would mean risking loosing troops going after her, safer to just dropp a little present on her location.
    So no difference to the bad guys then eh?

I'm assuming then you agreed with the massacres in Vietnam by the us?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Selvarion View Post
    Sorry, she forfeited her trial when she openly joined the IS.
    So what makes us the good guys then?

Surely if they serve their sentence they are free to go about their business?
    Sure. As long as the sentence is couple lifetimes back to back, each counted as 120 years, no parole ever, and no life prolonging treatment should such become a thing in the future.

Otherwise bombs it is. The bombs atleast ensure that you won't let them loose on the streets after couple years, because "totally rehabilitated", and soon after someone else pays the price of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why every citizen would have a remote kill switch if I ruled.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Sure. As long as the sentence is couple lifetimes back to back, each counted as 120 years, no parole ever, and no life prolonging treatment should such become a thing in the future.

Otherwise bombs it is. The bombs atleast ensure that you won't let them loose on the streets after couple years, because "totally rehabilitated", and soon after someone else pays the price of that.
    How long did the perpetrators of mai lai get again?

Any reason why American military terrorist should get away Scott free in comparison to the punishments you'd like Isis terrorist to receive?