Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    The reason ISIS exist is primarily from publicity generated by the collateral damage caused by the use of air strikes in Iraq and Syria.

Every time you blow up a wedding party by mistake you radicalize hundreds of extended family members. You also generate hundreds of thousands, maybe millions of dollars, in donations to radical groups when al-jazeera beam those pictures around the world.

You people have never understood this. Your blind, ugly stupid rage and hatred is not only repulsive: it is extremely counter-productive.

You would think after sixteen years when radical Jihadis numbered no more than a few hundred globally, to a situation where they have a significant presence in more than a dozen countries, that you people would get it. Your insatiable appetite for blood blinds you to everything.
    ISIS would have grown no matter what, it's too late for regrets now.

In an ideal world the middle east would stop fucking with us and we'd stop fucking with them, but that isn't going to happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Well you’re not going to deal with the problem by letting him grow up and bomb us.
    It's a better strategy than killing kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    I'm pretty sure a situation where we're alive and they're dead is preferable to the opposite.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    I love the way you begin by insulting me, then post nonsense to try and refute the facts in my post XD

Yes it was possible to target specific areas/complexes with bombs in WW2, hence the targeting of tank/plane/munition factories I referenced.

The two are not linked, targeting tank/plane/munition factories and targeting civilian populations were two different actions (and in both cases something the enemy did first).

This is a bit OT.

Careful I think you can actually break the internet with those levels of irony XD
    Except you are wrong. The ref stopped targetting specific targets after a review found less that 5% of bombs landed within 15 miles of their target. We then changed to area bombing to 'dehouse' workers.

Are you really this ignorant?

Also how is pointing out the us mass murder of literally 100s of thousands with two nukes over the top?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    It really isn't. It's their kids or ours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I don't think I am - I'm not the one condemning a free country and defending ISIS, that's the most embarrassing cringey thing I've seen in a while, I mean if you want to go through the edgey teenage period it's cool we all do, but do it like a normal person and stop spitting at the memory of those who have died fighting terror, and stop defending and painting terrorsists as victims.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not delusional mate, you are - tell you what, go to the middle east and tell some ISIS members that you're british but you hate your country, I guarantee they'd do to you exactly the same as what they would do to me. Not recognising the enemy? That's the biggest delusion I've ever seen
    We caused the fucking middle East problem in the first place. Then we kept on shitting on them since 1947.

Carrying on repeating the same actions and expecting different results is the literal definition of madness.

If we want to think of ourselves as better than Isis and their ilk then we should not behave like them.

The middle East problem will take a long time to solve now because of our actions in the past.

Continuing to shit on people will not achieve change.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I'm pretty sure a situation where we're alive and they're dead is preferable to the opposite.
    Lol murder them all then you dickhead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    It really isn't. It's their kids or ours.
    It's worked out well so far Einstein.

"Jones, from Chatham in Kent, joined so-called Islamic State after converting to Islam and travelling to Syria in 2013.
    Her death was first reported by The Sun."

good kill.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    "Jones, from Chatham in Kent, joined so-called Islamic State after converting to Islam and travelling to Syria in 2013.
    Her death was first reported by The Sun."

good kill.
    Dont reference the sun. Its a scumbag newspaper read by scumbags.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad I will never be attacked by that man's haircut.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Aren't people like her supposed to die for being worthless pieces of shit?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I don't think I am - I'm not the one condemning a free country and defending ISIS, that's the most embarrassing cringey thing I've seen in a while, I mean if you want to go through the edgey teenage period it's cool we all do, but do it like a normal person and stop spitting at the memory of those who have died fighting terror, and stop defending and painting terrorsists as victims.
    I'm 43, and I went to a good British school which taught me how to write words.

Your comments betray an almost total ignorance of British history, and a childish, infantile view of the world based on the type of primitive tribalism ISIS themselves exploit. Such unquestioning acceptance of authority and lack of intellectual curiousity is generally only present in those mental growth has been literally stunted. You have no business lecturing anybody on anything, it is like an ant lecturing a professor.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I am going to suggest the radical idea that she converted to Wahhabi Islam because she thought the ideas contained within were true.
    This seems like the most parsimonious explanation to me. I don't really get why people refuse to take radicals at their word when they explain why they hate Western nations and want to see them destroyed.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Except you are wrong. The ref stopped targetting specific targets after a review found less that 5% of bombs landed within 15 miles of their target.
    Interesting, completely false, but interesting XD

In reality the RAF used beam guidance techniques with an accuracy of about 100 yards radius which is how they were able to level the workshops at the Michelin factory in France while leaving the canteen next to them standing. By the end of WW2 unguided RAF bombs could be predictably delivered within 25 yards of a target from 15,000 feet height, and precisely on it from low level.

So much comedy in this quote XD

Also how is pointing out the us mass murder of literally 100s of thousands with two nukes over the top?
    I never said it was, I said it was off topic as this thread was about the legality of using drones to assassinate criminals operating as part of enemy terrorist/military forces (including defectors from your own country) and whether or not they count as legitimate military targets even though their role in the enemy forces is not that of a soldier.

My pointing out that we targeted factories in WW2 was merely an example of how we had done it before.

Except you are wrong. The ref stopped targetting specific targets after a review found less that 5% of bombs landed within 15 miles of their target. We then changed to area bombing to 'dehouse' workers.

100s of thousands while the japanese butchered over 10 million chinese civilians, they shouldnt say much about that really as it probably saved hell of alot more lives in the long run.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Interesting, completely false, but interesting XD

In reality the RAF used beam guidance techniques with an accuracy of about 100 yards radius which is how they were able to level the workshops at the Michelin factory in France while leaving the canteen next to them standing. By the end of WW2 unguided RAF bombs could be predictably delivered within 25 yards of a target from 15,000 feet height, and precisely on it from low level.

So much comedy in this quote XD

I never said it was, I said it was off topic as this thread was about the legality of using drones to assassinate criminals operating as part of enemy terrorist/military forces (including defectors from your own country) and whether or not they count as legitimate military targets even though their role in the enemy forces is not that of a soldier.

My pointing out that we targeted factories in WW2 was merely an example of how we had done it before.
    You need to do some research.

Area bombing was adopted early in the war.

Beam guiding was used to direct partfinders loosely onto targets to drop flares for target identification though the areas involved were huge.

Bomber Harris' crrespodance to the mod and even ministers is freely available to read.

Even the discussion of what to call the change in tactics for or reasons.

Where did You get all that garbage you spouted?

Quick quote from the national archive:

an earlier report in 1941 showed that most bombs did not fall within five miles of their target. Also, daylight raids on well defended targets led to huge losses of aircraft and aircrew. As a result, the RAF Bomber Command chief Sir Arthur Harris decided to use area bombing. Basically, this meant destroying the whole city so that the industrial targets would be destroyed and so would civilian housing.
    Last edited by mmocf0b29d4c77; 2017-10-13 at 02:55 PM.

As were supposed to be the good guys, I'd prefer we charged, tried and then sentenced people rather than ordering their execution without any due process.
    Here's due process: Work for ISIS and a drone will end you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Here's due process: Work for ISIS and a drone will end you.
    Work for the infidels and a car bomb will get you.

Is there a difference?

Work for the infidels and a car bomb will get you.

Is there a difference?
    Absolutely. One side are terrorists attacking innocents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Absolutely. One side are terrorists attacking innocents.
    Do you classify civilians that vote in governments who keep shitting on the middle East as innocents?

What about civilians living in a dictatorship and have no say in their government's behaviour?

Do you classify civilians that vote in governments who keep shitting on the middle East as innocents?
    Yes.

What about civilians living in a dictatorship and have no say in their government's behaviour?
    They're unfortunate and should be avoided. Luckily this is not that. Win on all fronts.