Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Academic analysis has never held any sway in theatre and literature though.
    Lol, sure.

Artistic criticism is a tool of elitists eurocrats, comrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    I never understood why Anita Sarkeesian received so much attention in the first place, especially from detractors. From what I've seen, her videos were (and are) unremarkable at best; hardly something worth raising her to minor internet celebrity status for.
    Woman, feminism, and easy to mock ideas that have a million holes to point out. The internet went crazy. Also gamergatelol.
    Last edited by Moralgy; 2017-10-13 at 04:15 PM.

I've made plenty of valid criticism of her. She doesn't understand female characters because she sees every female character as innately sexist. She called fucking Samus Aran and Bayonetta Sexist for fuck sake.
    Having female characters is sexists and not having female characters is misogynist.

Can't win, eh?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    No True Feminist...I mean Scotsman.

And it's an equally valid interpretation that Bayonetta is representative of male gaze and is principally defined through her sexuality in the same way that a lot of female action stars have been historically.

That does not mean that Bayonetta is a 'bad' character or that a sexual woman is a 'bad thing'. It means that we should seek to understand the social sources of both male gaze and the definition of feminine sexuality with an eye of uplifting the empowering aspects of the latter while combating the negative aspects.

Feminists are not a hive mind.
    See, where I come from, we don't give pedestals to the town fool and respect what he says. No, Bayoentta is not a representation of the Male Gaze, because she was never designed by a man to appeal sexy to men.

She was designed by a woman to appeal sexual, She was designed by the WOMAN'S Gaze, Which is why she is unnaturally long of leg and extremely dominant. She is literally Female Sexuality.

To argue that Bayonetta is Sexist for being an image of Female Sexuality is to claim Female Sexuality is Sexist, which is fucking retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    For an inexplicable reason, the author that was commissioned to write Gears novels (Karen Traviss) came up with the brilliant idea to say that female are turned into baby factories at 10-12 and raped by GEARs as ''war reward''. This is not a rant, that's factually what happens in her book (how she keep getting employment is beyond me)
    WTFH IS WRONG WITH THIS WOMAN i mean i have read some nast ass hentai but this ain't hentai the fffff

That said about anita yeeah best to assume troll/moneywhore because thinking she GENUINELY believes all this makes my brain hurt from the levels of insanity and stupid required

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    You don't get to decide who is a feminist or not, I know I sure as shit don't, you are however right in whatever opinion you like, but again I don't have a problem with Bayonetta, honestly just looking at her though, Anita makes some damn good points.

Her costume is ridiculous, her body is fine, but I really don't care she was designed by a woman, I mean see that would be me being sexist if I went, "OH Well she is a woman so it's valid" Shit the woman who designed her could also be a feminist.

I think Anita has a valuable perspective.
    No, she doesn't. All she does is Apply the same Feminist Lens to lambast any character ever. Bayonetta is a female character and that's sexist because Maybe Men find Feminine females attractive? That's utter retardation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    WTFH IS WRONG WITH THIS WOMAN i mean i have read some nast ass hentai but this ain't hentai the fffff

That said about anita yeeah best to assume troll/moneywhore because thinking she GENUINELY believes all this makes my brain hurt from the levels of insanity and stupid required
    To be fair, the point is it's supposed to be horrible and dehumanising to show how desperate Humanity is in the War against the Locust, Gears of War 1 was an extremely depressing and Dark setting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post

So being overly dramatic about someone whose views are different than yours and challenges your view?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Having female characters is sexists and not having female characters is misogynist.

Can't win, eh?
    The fact that she basically said ALL the Most lauded female characters were bad and sexist shows she knows fuck all about Women to begin with.

She makes money honestly, and she expresses opinions that many agree with her on, that is the point behind the channel and what she advocates for, bravely, through death threats and basically mountains of tradition and institutions backed by those that don't want to give anything up in so far as input from Anita and women who feel the same way.
    Death threats that we're not entirely convinced she didn't issue against herself.

http://www.returnofkings.com/42602/d...gainst-herself

10+ Year Old Account
    See, where I come from, we don't give pedestals to the town fool and respect what he says.
    Literary criticism clearly isn't a thing where you come from so, eh. Not surprised.

No, Bayoentta is not a representation of the Male Gaze, because she was never designed by a man to appeal sexy to men.

She was designed by a woman to appeal sexual, She was designed by the WOMAN'S Gaze, Which is why she is unnaturally long of leg and extremely dominant. She is literally Female Sexuality.
    Not what male gaze means. lol.

To argue that Bayonetta is Sexist for being an image of Female Sexuality is to claim Female Sexuality is Sexist, which is fucking retarded.
    If you're coming from a position where 'female sexuality' as we define it is based on society's expectation of a sexualised woman that is inherently misogynistic then yes, female sexuality can indeed be cast as sexist.

Once again; feminists are not a hive mind and there are different ideological camps based on differing interpretations of the subject matter. Some feminists don't think male gaze is a thing, for example.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, she doesn't. All she does is Apply the same Feminist Lens to lambast any character ever. Bayonetta is a female character and that's sexist because Maybe Men find Feminine females attractive? That's utter retardation.
    I don't care what men find sexy or attractive and maybe Anit and many other women don't give a shit either who play games rather not see representations like that good on them even if I disagree, they have every right to express their views, and have their input considered, as I said what you care about, I couldn't care less.

Deleted
    So being overly dramatic about someone whose views are different than yours and challenges your view?
    Oh, she doesn't challenge by view bro. She just shows Feminism and Social Marxism isn't about Equality or the promotion of ideas, it's about control and the deconstruction of individuality.

Seriously, Anita hates every single video game female because they're not Men.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Death threats that we're not entirely convinced she didn't issue against herself.

http://www.returnofkings.com/42602/d...gainst-herself
    Yeah, I don't rely on the word of guys who that rape should be legal, yeah you can save the link. I am for sure going to take the word of an educated woman who can articulate herself over some dude who's lot in life is primarily focused on how many women in need of money or hate themselves find his bullshit entertaining.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    If you're coming from a position where 'female sexuality' as we define it is based on society's expectation of a sexualised woman that is inherently misogynistic then yes, female sexuality can indeed be case as sexist.
    Look: I understand it's impossible to argue reason with a Marxist, but Listen to me.

How is Bayonetta inherently Misogynistic when she is the brainchild of a Japanese Female Fashion Designer? Do I need to hammer the point home Bayonetta was not designed to be "Sexy" but "Sexual"

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, she doesn't challenge by view bro. She just shows Feminism and Social Marxism isn't about Equality or the promotion of ideas, it's about control and the deconstruction of individuality.

Seriously, Anita hates every single video game female because they're not Men.
    Oh but she is triggering yours SISTA! She shows what weak little men will use as an excuse to act like fucking boys, because they feel entitled based on traditions that told them they never had to grow the fuck up and deal with real women on a level of at least equals.

Anita targets sexist bullshit, because her channel and cause if Called Feminist Frequency.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look: I understand it's impossible to argue reason with a Marxist, but Listen to me.

How is Bayonetta inherently Misogynistic when she is the brainchild of a Japanese Female Fashion Designer? Do I need to hammer the point home Bayonetta was not designed to be "Sexy" but "Sexual"
    I explained it pretty clearly both from the perspective of male gaze and from the perspective of the meaning of 'female sexuality'.

Nor am I arguing that Bayonetta is a bad character. Quite the opposite; the fact she is as she is is -why- she merits discussion. It's why we spend a lot of ink talking about Bayonetta, Samus Aran, Cortana, Zelda, etc. rather than that one chick from Attack of the Fifty Foot Woman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    To be honest it's so easy to be a troll and sound serious now days and make money from it. Especially if you can get attention from that. Contrivesory always gets attention.

It's so easy to be a troll when you are very pro something thats good.

For example we all know there's nothing wrong with diversity as long as it isn't forced, but what if I was to create a twitter account that would hammer diversity in everything. Gain a platform through controversy and popular opinion and make it unpopular among others that would find no issue with it. It's like extremism but extremism for good. Like being an extremist for healthy eating. We all know healthy eating is good, but what if I take it to an extreme and hammer it in, gain a platform from diet specilists and become a twitter and media celebrity, though what may start as a noible idea, then shame everything that doesn't promote healthy eating, shame unhealthy people and shame even healthy people the moment they eat a chocolate bar. :P

This ladies and gentleman is the new breed of troll.

EDIT: Or As @GennGreymane just said below me, maybe trolls are dead, and we are just seeing the rise of 'baiters'
    I believe the term for this is a crusader. Abd they often get so high on their own self righteous bs that they do not even realize they are becoming or have become as bad as those they fight. Provided they jad a good cause to begin with

10+ Year Old Account

Yet here you are going on a rampage and painting everyone you disagree with under the umbrella of Marxist and other worthless fad buzzwords LMFAO!

Deleted
    Oh but she is triggering yours SISTA! She shows what weak little men will use as an excuse to act like fucking boys, because they feel entitled based on traditions that told them they never had to grow the fuck up and deal with real women on a level of at least equals.

Anita targets sexist bullshit, because her channel and cause if Called Feminist Frequency.
    I find it rather funny you think I am some kind of Sexist when I have been Lauding Bayonetta was one of my favorite characters in this thread when her underlying themes are Female Independance, Female Sexuality and Female Domination. Not even my Fetish either.

Just face it, Bayonetta is literally the perfect counter argument to everything Anita says. And that's why Anita hates the Game series so much.

Bayonetta 1 and 2 hit all her hitboxes for the perfect female protagonist and the perfect feminist friendly game, but she hates them because

A) she never played them

B) It exists so her arguments are moot.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yo Mall Security, have you ever considered that people disagree with Anita Sarkeesian, and that has nothing to do with "ignoring her points."

In my mind, she isn't making "valid points" as you claim. Her perspective of many video games is simply wrong. She misinterprets just about everything regarding the women in a game and then draws a bizarre conclusion for each. The point I made about Hitman should have made that clear, but somehow you still believe she is making valid arguments.

The thing is, she's not honest about what she actually dislikes in games. She hates it when women show any skin, and she hates it when they don't show any and (in her eye) fit the stereotypical conservative housewife. The reality is different, however. She'll talk about the women in The Witcher series as only sex objects. But The Witcher series has some of the most independent, intelligent female characters in any series. But because you can have sex with them, somehow that deletes the entire story to Anita. And thus she portrays these games as if the only goal is to fuck chicks. That is why she is either a moron who misinterprets everything, or is blatantly lying/trolling. There is no third option. You need to recognize that.